Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2021, 04:34 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
Happy late Birthday meo. My computer broke and this ones right behind it lol.
Glad to hear surgery was ok. Hang in there.
Thanks all. It's going to be hard because I want this to be over but it feels so good to have warm feet! I have to not lift anything or do much for 5 days and I want to get going on fixing up the car and getting ready to go. I know though that when he does the neck procedure it'll be another 5 days of rest.

I belong to a couple of women traveling groups and they're starting to make plans for meeting up to travel together and I can't give an answer as to when I can join them. I'm not complaining, just anxious to get going.

And did I mention that my feet are warm? Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 06:23 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,583,449 times
Meo,

I'm just getting back to this thread after a week or so hiatus due to work schedule. I'm very glad to hear your first medical procedure went well. Now, there's one more to go. Praying that one will be just as successful.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:00 AM

Thanks Klassy. It feels weird to have warm feet after having ice cold ones for so long. A good wierd. The sky is gloomy here but I'm so happy I don't even care. I can't even imagine what it will be like to have no pain at all, I'll probably even be my old self!

I'm so looking forward to traveling with a group this year. I'm not sure if I'll stay with one group or switch around. I belong to car camping women, Meet in Q and HOW A- homes on Wheels alliance. They all have great people in them.

A lot of the Meet in Q group have been traveling together for a few months now and I've been envious of their travels. The group was established to help the food shelf in Quartzsite. It's grown tremendously. It began by helping with donations and volunteers and has grown into traveling together.

Prior to covid, HOWA had formed different groups that traveled in caravans. I was specifically interested in the women's caravan as there were a lot of women in my age group that traveled together.

The car camping women's group I know through Facebook and I'm not sure of the demographics of the group. We've basically just shared knowledge of different aspects from car repair shops that have been helpful and honest to camping items that have been useful. This is the group that is currently posting about traveling to Q and the Route folks are taking.

Any and all of these have been helpful and have good people in them. I'm leaning towards the HOWA women's group as prior to the epidemic I watched a video on them and was intrigued by the women in the group.

I look forward to meeting some of the Meet in Q members too. Pretty worthwhile cause, to adopt the food shelf and help them.

It's hard to just sit here while my body gets fixed and see what others are doing as they start the trek back to Quartzsite. I know it's what I have to do and I'm looking forward to hearing about the different travels of each group.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:22 PM

I'm waiting on a letter with instructions on my next operation scheduled for October 20th. That will be for the neck artery. My doctor's nurse said I would have to stay in the hospital for a couple of days, which I don't understand. I did ask why and she said the letter would explain it.

In the meantime I am preparing my car for the trip. I'm buying a lot of the packets from Tasty Bite, love, love, love cooking them in the Hot Logic. I'm using packing cubes and plastic bags to maximize space and ensure bugs stay out.

If everything goes well, I'll leave November 3rd, after my check comes in.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:12 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,441,353 times
Hi meo. I've had a bit of health issues myself & haven't looked at your thread for a bit.

I'm hoping for good results for your procedure & good health for you, & that you continue your travel adventures SOON!

Old 10-09-2021, 08:27 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
As you might guess, I have followed your thread for a bit and then I guess I fell off for a bit- maybe a few months. So let me say glad to hear your procedure worked well and you are recuperating and let me wish you good luck on your next one....and most importantly- happy birthday!
I will follow along now so I have a clue as to what's going on.

Old 10-09-2021, 08:33 AM

Hi happy grrrl. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I asked the doctor if my going plant based didn't help and he said it more than likely did, but my pad disease was advanced and they're fixing old problems. I just let it go on too long.

It's gloomy and drizzly today and my entire self wants to be gone looking for sunshine. But it's a good day to be organizing the car. This kind of day reminds me of what I've heard Oregon and Washington must be like in the winter.

There is a tiny home community on the Oregon coast that I plan on looking at next spring on my way home. People ask what I'm going to do when I can no longer travel. That's an option I may look into. Hopefully that is many years away.

Old 10-09-2021, 02:28 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Hello MEO.... here's hoping the medical stuff all goes smoothly, and your're adventuring again soon.

Just curious: when you're driving along, does Marigold like to look out the windows and watch the scenery pass by?

Or does she sleep through it, and stir when you've arrived at your next destination?

Last edited by NW4me; 10-09-2021 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-09-2021, 03:35 PM

She does both. She tends to be awake or wake up when we stop for the night wherever we're going to park, then once she's checked it out she goes to sleep. She'll meow to get out out but is good at accepting that she can't.

Old 10-09-2021, 03:42 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Hi happy grrrl. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I asked the doctor if my going plant based didn't help and he said it more than likely did, but my pad disease was advanced and they're fixing old problems. I just let it go on too long.

It's gloomy and drizzly today and my entire self wants to be gone looking for sunshine. But it's a good day to be organizing the car. This kind of day reminds me of what I've heard Oregon and Washington must be like in the winter.

There is a tiny home community on the Oregon coast that I plan on looking at next spring on my way home. People ask what I'm going to do when I can no longer travel. That's an option I may look into. Hopefully that is many years away.
For over 6 lustrum we have happily lived on the side of a forested mountain, at about 2000' feet. We get much sunshine & many clear days with deep blue beautiful skies, & billions of stars at night, much of the year. Even in winter, we get partial sunshine on a lot of days... We are about 75 mile inland, as the crow flies.
About once every 2 or 3 months we go into town to buy vittles & other goods we might need.

I pray your operation goes mighty fine & you & Marigold get back on the happy road soon.

Blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing