Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2021, 03:50 AM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
October 20, i will be praying your operation is very successful & solves the pain you have, & what you expect it to.
Be Safe.

Heal Quickly, so you & Marigold can hit the Hiways & Byways...
Thanks Hawk.I'm trying not to worry but, of course I do worry a little. The only thing is the doctor, who I've only met once, saying he would be tag-teaming with the other one and not give any explanation as to why that didn't happen, and the surprise information that I would be in the hospital for at least two days.

It makes me wonder if he knows what he's doing. I sure hope he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 05:45 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,010,703 times
Make a little video on your phone for Marigold and send it to your sister. That way your sis can play it for her a few times while you're in the hospital.
I second everything Hawk said, and make sure and rest up when you get home.

Old 10-20-2021, 12:16 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thanks Hawk.I'm trying not to worry but, of course I do worry a little. The only thing is the doctor, who I've only met once, saying he would be tag-teaming with the other one and not give any explanation as to why that didn't happen, and the surprise information that I would be in the hospital for at least two days.

It makes me wonder if he knows what he's doing. I sure hope he does.
Nowadays, Modern Medical Technology is Truly Amazing.

Ask your doctors & nurses any ?? you can think of.

When i was given my anesthesia for my operation i was told to count down from 100......99......98......that's as far as i got.
Next thing i knew, i was waking up in my bed. The operation was all over...
imho, some doctors/nurses have a better bedside manner than others do. But, they are very skilled surgeons.

God is Watching Over You.

Bless You Meo.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:00 AM

815 posts, read 980,310 times
Hoping your surgery was successful and you will be able to continue with your adventures soon!

Old 10-22-2021, 01:13 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Meo, I hope you are now home recovering with Marigold on your lap!

Please update us when you're up to it.

Old 10-22-2021, 02:34 PM

Just got home.

They really beat me up. My neck is black and blue and very swollen. This will take about a week to heal. Right now I can't turn my head because my neck is too swollen. They found 98% blockage in the left artery and had to scrape it all out. So it will take awhile to heal. It really hurts right now. But it will get better.

Marigold is happy I'm home. She didn't even ignore me, just gobbled her food and is now in my lap.

Old 10-22-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Nowadays, Modern Medical Technology is Truly Amazing.

Ask your doctors & nurses any ?? you can think of.

When i was given my anesthesia for my operation i was told to count down from 100......99......98......that's as far as i got.
Next thing i knew, i was waking up in my bed. The operation was all over...
imho, some doctors/nurses have a better bedside manner than others do. But, they are very skilled surgeons.

God is Watching Over You.

Bless You Meo.
They had me breathe from a mask and then put a tube down into my lungs when I was asleep. They took it out before I woke up. Between the tube and the scraping, my throat has been raw and hurting.

The doctor explained that they had to do that because there was so much blockage. He did say they got it all though.

I don't know if this will set back my plans. If it does, it won't be for long but right now I can't imagine packing the car. Heck, I can't even turn my head or move my neck.

I plan on sleeping in the lounger until my neck and throat are better.

Old 10-22-2021, 03:01 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Just got home.

They really beat me up. My neck is black and blue and very swollen. This will take about a week to heal. Right now I can't turn my head because my neck is too swollen. They found 98% blockage in the left artery and had to scrape it all out. So it will take awhile to heal. It really hurts right now. But it will get better.

Marigold is happy I'm home. She didn't even ignore me, just gobbled her food and is now in my lap.
Very, very, very happy to see your update. I had 2 major surgeries last year (two total knee replacements, about 6 months apart although originally it was supposed to be 4 months apart ... thanks, Covid ) ... and I definitely remember the pain of the first several weeks (and not being able to move normally), so I definitely feel for you! But I expect you will get better every day, and soon this will be a distant memory as you and Marigold go off for more adventures!

I am like Marigold, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME! Take good care of yourself. Cuddle with Marigold (I lost a kitty this week, my almost-16-year-old total love bug Hansel, and I so much wish I could cuddle with him tonight ... ). She will help you heal.

Old 10-22-2021, 03:05 PM

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I will hug Marigold very close tonight.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:19 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times
Quote:
Just got home.

What's the name of the procedure you had, Meo? Glad to hear it was successful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing