Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 07:59 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

I'm still not ready. Moving too slow, but I get too tired if I try to do too much.

There's also a big storm coming and I don't want to get caught up in it. It's supposed to hit Minnesota Wednesday, just as my brother said. So I may not leave here until Friday as I'm sure they'll spend Thursday cleaning up whatever chaos the storm leaves. I've driven in enough white-knuckleing storms while traveling from here back to the cities while I was working, there's no reason to even chance it.

I just found out the Meet in Q group is moving to a LTVA next week so that will be good timing for me. They're a neat group of people who support the Q food bank by volunteering, donations and do activities; garage sales, making home made items and food to sell, etc and donate proceeds to the food bank. My mind of people.

Even if I can't physically help a lot, there's a lot of crocheted items I can make and donate. When it's cold in Quartzsite, it can get really cold. Hats especially are needed. And they're so easy to make.

I haven't met the Meet in Q folks except through Facebook and I'm looking forward to meeting like minded people. The main coordinator will be setting up camp at La Posa south, which is where I was planning on being if I decided on a LTVA. A lot of people choose that one because it has quite a few toilets, water spigot and huge trash receptacles, as well as waste water dumping Not all the LTVA'S have all four. Car and tent campers are required to be no more than 500 feet from a toilet, which suits me just fine. I personally liked being close to a facility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 08:38 PM

I got so little done today. My neck started hurting again, not as bad as before but more than it has in the last few days.

I did manage to get everything I want packed in the bedroom and bathroom and put more things in the car. Glad I don't have everything in there as I would just end up taking out what I need for the next few days.

It's actually good because I've rethought on where to put some things. My goal is to remember what frustrated me on the last trips packing and make those issues easier. I hope I 'I've solved a lot but I won't know until the problem occurs. I also remembered how much Marigold used to like to sleep on one of the large bins I was going to leave and so will keep one and put things in it that I need but hadn't planned keeping out. I was going to put a lot of things under the platform but some will now to in the bin. This leaves room for water and any groceries I buy on the road.

I would wish for Friday to come quickly so I feel safe, weatherwise, to leave but I just haven't recovered my energy so am glad for the extra time.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:43 PM

In the 50's today but it's going down starting tomorrow. By Friday the prediction is the 30's. Brrr.

So trying to get most things done today and tomorrow. There's still going to be last minute things to put in the car, mainly water, butane, the power stations, solar panels and Marigolds cat box and cat tree.

I'm surprised how well everything is fitting in. I may remove some of the clothes as I think I'm bringing too much. I'm trying to remember what I wore last season and keep the rest here. I'll see.

Even though it will be cold Thursday and Friday, I still think it's best to wait. I'll spend those days making sure I've got everything done and cleaning the trailer.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:39 PM

4,621 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I got so little done today. My neck started hurting again, not as bad as before but more than it has in the last few days.

I did manage to get everything I want packed in the bedroom and bathroom and put more things in the car. Glad I don't have everything in there as I would just end up taking out what I need for the next few days.

It's actually good because I've rethought on where to put some things. My goal is to remember what frustrated me on the last trips packing and make those issues easier. I hope I 'I've solved a lot but I won't know until the problem occurs. I also remembered how much Marigold used to like to sleep on one of the large bins I was going to leave and so will keep one and put things in it that I need but hadn't planned keeping out. I was going to put a lot of things under the platform but some will now to in the bin. This leaves room for water and any groceries I buy on the road.

I would wish for Friday to come quickly so I feel safe, weatherwise, to leave but I just haven't recovered my energy so am glad for the extra time.
Meo, it's impressive how you're managing to make it all fit!

But imagine if you had a van... it might seem like a mansion on wheels?

Old 11-09-2021, 01:43 PM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
Thank you for keeping us updated. Many of us here really enjoy reading about your plans.

I think you are wise for taking your time and planning around your health and the weather, even though I am sure you are anxious to get back on the road

Old 11-09-2021, 04:32 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
In the 50's today but it's going down starting tomorrow. By Friday the prediction is the 30's. Brrr.

So trying to get most things done today and tomorrow. There's still going to be last minute things to put in the car, mainly water, butane, the power stations, solar panels and Marigolds cat box and cat tree.

I'm surprised how well everything is fitting in. I may remove some of the clothes as I think I'm bringing too much. I'm trying to remember what I wore last season and keep the rest here. I'll see.

Even though it will be cold Thursday and Friday, I still think it's best to wait. I'll spend those days making sure I've got everything done and cleaning the trailer.
hmmmmmm...let me think......bring for winter
some warm socks.
long johns.
warm comfortable boots.
jeans.
t-shirts
flannel shirt.
sweat shirt.
1 or 2 hoodies.
nice warm jacket.
gloves.
scarf. You could probably crochet them.
navy cap, you crochet them.
This should do nicely...

Drive Safely.

Last edited by Hawk J; 11-09-2021 at 04:40 PM..

Old 11-09-2021, 07:12 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,441,353 times
Hi meo...do you switch out tires for the winter? I'm very familiar with Quartzsite, so I know that the biggest winter weather issue there is wind...but what about the rest of the way?

Old 11-09-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
hmmmmmm...let me think......bring for winter
some warm socks.
long johns.
warm comfortable boots.
jeans.
t-shirts
flannel shirt.
sweat shirt.
1 or 2 hoodies.
nice warm jacket.
gloves.
scarf. You could probably crochet them.
navy cap, you crochet them.
This should do nicely...

Drive Safely.
I'm ahead of you. I read last year that it gets cold in Arizona and being from Minnesota, I had and have, all that. Plus, I've been working on my afghan all the time I've been here, except when it was hot, and it is super warm. So I'm covered there.

My brother thinks I may be stuck here until next Tuesday as the forecast is for snow through Sunday and then I have to give the roads time to be cleared. It's going to be hard to wait and I hope it clears up before then. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Meo, it's impressive how you're managing to make it all fit!

But imagine if you had a van... it might seem like a mansion on wheels?
It sure would, but during this time, with gas prices as they are, I'm glad I have my car.

Someday, when things settle down and prices are more realistic, I'll get my mansion!

Old 11-09-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Hi meo...do you switch out tires for the winter? I'm very familiar with Quartzsite, so I know that the biggest winter weather issue there is wind...but what about the rest of the way?
No, I bought my tires when I was in Minnesota and they're all weather. If they can do Minnesota weather, traveling to Arizona is a piece of cake. The things I don't skimp on are tires, batteries and oil changes. Probably why my cars, even the beaters I used to buy when I was younger, last so long.

Having 5 brothers to teach me also came in handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing