Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 10:48 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

I'm currently outside Indianapolis and so far not terribly impressed. The Loves employee who I asked about overnight stays almost begrudgingly told me it was allowed and where I could park. I'm reserving judgement as she could just be having a bad day. I'll wait to see how people are after her shift is done. It's also a cloudy, drab day today. That can affect people. After the pleasant, personable people from the other states, it's certainly a different experience.

I can't speak for anyone else but there have been times when I was swamped at work and had to watch my attitude. I even had a favorite book titled, "Your Attitude Is Showing" to remind me that no matter what your job is, it involves customer service.

That's why I try to cut people some slack , because I don't know what is going on in their personal lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 12:01 PM

Trying to figure out my next route. The suggested route is to Madison, WI and then through Minneapolis. I've been to Wisconsin and would rather try something new. I'd also like to avoid Minneapolis if possible. I've done Minneapolis to Fergus more times than I care to count but I'm not seeing a way around it.

Oh well, I' ll keep searching.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:57 PM

602 posts, read 314,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
What a toss-up. I liked quite a few. The most scenic? Tennessee and Kentucky. Friendly - Kentucky, with Tennessee following. The staff at the New Mexico Travel Plaza were exceptional, but so was everyone in Tennessee and Kentucky.
Thank you meo !

Old 04-24-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
Thank you meo !
Keep in mind that I did not explore the waterfalls that Tennessee has. They are supposed to be amazing and at some point I will return to Tennessee to further explore that beautiful state.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:26 AM

At Love's in De Motte, IN. Nice folks here.

Between the traffic and road construction, I didn't think I was ever going to get here. Crazy how the speed limit, due to construction, went from 55 to 65 to 70 and was constantly changing. Of course, that didn't stop the speeders. And heaven forbid that a non-speeder got in the passing lane! One car tailgated so close I couldn't even see his headlights. Just a touch dangerous, if you ask me.

It's softly raining. A little more than a drizzle but not a downpour. The entire ride here was gray and dreary. But at least I made it so can't complain. Ah, the Midwest. I'd forgotten how gray it gets on days like this.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:31 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Quote:
Keep in mind that I did not explore the waterfalls that Tennessee has. They are supposed to be amazing and at some point I will return to Tennessee to further explore that beautiful state.
Did you come into Cookeville when you were in the area or did you just stay down by the lake?

Old 04-24-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Did you come into Cookeville when you were in the area or did you just stay down by the lake?
I stayed by the lake. I did go to the gas station and O'Reilly's but no restaurants. I hate to leave my cat for any length of time and, being frugal, I can't justify spending the money for restaurants when I have food in the car.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:52 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Quote:
I stayed by the lake. I did go to the gas station and O'Reilly's but no restaurants. I hate to leave my cat for any length of time and, being frugal, I can't justify spending the money for restaurants when I have food in the car.
I didn't figure that you would be coming into any restaurants, but if you made it to O'Reilly's, at least you got to see a bit of the town on your way in and out.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I didn't figure that you would be coming into any restaurants, but if you made it to O'Reilly's, at least you got to see a bit of the town on your way in and out.
I want and plan to see a lot more of Tennessee. Next fall I will be traveling through Washington, Oregon, Idaho etc prior to Arizona but the way back I'm thinking about New Mexico, Texas, and then spending more time in Tennessee.

I do want to see more of Cookeville. At one time, prior to deciding to travel, I thought of moving there. Sadly I let some posters convince me it would not work with my allergies.

Since I lived in Minnesota most of my life and dealt with allergies the entire time, I decided Tennessee was off my list. I didn't realize that no matter where I go my allergies will follow until I started traveling. So now, everything is on the 'going to see that' list.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:09 AM

Good grief - I got almost nowhere today. My regular gps kept trying to get it right but my phone kept trying to get me to go to the last place I'd been. Between the two of them, they were driving me crazy, plus I spent more time going in circles than anything else. I finally stopped at the first Love's I saw I stopped.

At first I was going to go on but I'm frustrated right now. Then, they have a Chesters and I love, love their chicken. I'd never had it until Quartzsite, and even then not very often. I think it's delicious. Then I looked at the Love's sight and the one I was going to stop at only has an Arby's and I don't want that. Yes, I have food in the car but, after such a frustrating morning I will appreciate some comfort food.

Tomorrow I'm either going to have to power off my phone or get it to behave.we'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing