Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 07:09 AM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Some folks would be in a hurry for their own funeral...

Life is Short. Live each Bright New Beautiful Day, to its Fullest.
I agree.

Some of the drivers took real chances, not with just their lives but with others as well. One guy did a huge no-no and went into the oncoming truck pass lan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2022, 12:32 PM

Tents are up. Things not yet put away because it's no too hot.
I'm not complaining. It's just like any housework,.it can wait until it cools down.

The backpacking tent was really surprising. It's two in one, although nowhere on the instructions does it say that.
First there's a small mesh tent you put up and over that is the real tent.

I assume the mesh one is for sleeping and to keep bugs out. It has ground cover. The outer tent does not have a floor. The tent(s) make sense but it would have been nice to know.

I finally have a bed. Yay! Never again will I take it out. I had taken it out because my sister took out the bed in the travel trailer, figuring that I could use my mattress, which I did.

It just turned out to be a real hassle when I went to leave.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:05 PM

My first day at the vehicle build.

I was/am tired because I went to sleep too early and then woke up too early. But when it gets dark at around 7ish, your body tends to shut down and say it's night time. I'm going to try stay up later and see if I can sleep more. I hope it works.

I got to the build early and am.glad I did because setting everything up takes time. I made the first pot of coffee too weak and quickly made the second pot super strong to compensate so that worked out.

Then it was a matter of setting out the water and treats. There were some new procedures that I didn't do last spring so it was a learning experience. It went well though.

I'm super tired now and just have to try stay up later. I'll see how it goes.

It's 4pm now. If I can stay up until 9, I should be okay to sleep later.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:10 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,343,063 times
Sounds like a lot of work...

Agree, since it gets dark earlier, i tend to want to sleep earlier. and then wake up too early. Bad cycle...

Hope you make it until 9!

Old 10-17-2022, 09:07 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
My first day at the vehicle build.

I was/am tired because I went to sleep too early and then woke up too early. But when it gets dark at around 7ish, your body tends to shut down and say it's night time. I'm going to try stay up later and see if I can sleep more. I hope it works.

I got to the build early and am.glad I did because setting everything up takes time. I made the first pot of coffee too weak and quickly made the second pot super strong to compensate so that worked out.

Then it was a matter of setting out the water and treats. There were some new procedures that I didn't do last spring so it was a learning experience. It went well though.

I'm super tired now and just have to try stay up later. I'll see how it goes.

It's 4pm now. If I can stay up until 9, I should be okay to sleep later.
Tell us more about this event please, Meo --
exactly what happens there, how many people are attending, etc.

Old 10-18-2022, 12:54 AM

1,824 posts, read 800,633 times
How is the weather?

Old 10-18-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Tell us more about this event please, Meo --
exactly what happens there, how many people are attending, etc.
You really should watch the videos HOWA put out about the BYOV events. Homes on Wheels Alliance, Bring your own vehicle.

A certain number of vehicles are accepted, depending on need and whether the.person is unable to financially afford to have this done.

It's usually floors, solar install, fans/vents- fantastic fan installation for example, insulation and beds . It also depends on volunteers who are able to do the work. I think they completed 9 builds last week. I don't know how many are scheduled for this week.

As for the work I do on hospitality, it's really not very demanding but I feel it's a necessary help. I get to do something to help and the workers get to have coffee, water and healthy snacks to keep them going. There's protein bars, nuts, fruit, etc.

Old 10-18-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
How is the weather?
Cool at night, 80's during the day. Plenty of sunshine.

Old 10-18-2022, 07:49 AM

I was able to stay up until 9 and slept untill 5:30. Pure bliss!

Old 10-18-2022, 11:43 AM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
You really should watch the videos HOWA put out about the BYOV events. Homes on Wheels Alliance, Bring your own vehicle.

A certain number of vehicles are accepted, depending on need and whether the.person is unable to financially afford to have this done.

It's usually floors, solar install, fans/vents- fantastic fan installation for example, insulation and beds . It also depends on volunteers who are able to do the work. I think they completed 9 builds last week. I don't know how many are scheduled for this week.

As for the work I do on hospitality, it's really not very demanding but I feel it's a necessary help. I get to do something to help and the workers get to have coffee, water and healthy snacks to keep them going. There's protein bars, nuts, fruit, etc.
Now with some search terms in hand, I did find a video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gi1mQ1s09A

You're doing good work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing