Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2022, 07:27 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I like cinnamon applesauce. I buy it quite often. Usually i buy Great Value or Motts. Friday the price for Motts was fair at Walmart, $6.88 for 18, 4oz cups. I go grocery shopping once a month, or once every two months.
That's the one I love best. I probably would have passed that up because of the space. But yeah, combine that with the oatmeal and you' ve got a healthy meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 09:56 PM

So tired but I can't sleep. Still so much to do.

I don't know if I'll meet my deadline. I did get one of the hinges done but still have another. Then I have to do the side ones. Grrr.
I've got things ready to go into the car but really want the hinges done before I put the things in.

I also have to make sure I leave this place clean when I leave.
I've got two more days and, realistically everything is set to go in the car. But I want those hinges done because it will be so much easier finding things.

I want better organization. I've learned how helpful it is when I can just easily find what I'm looking for and I want to be that. Organized.

I shouldn't fret. I'm just venting. Sorry guys.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:44 AM

11,067 posts, read 6,881,999 times
No worries. That was the biggest problem when traveling extensively wit my dogs. Finding stuff. Kept moving them around thinking I had a better system. Always thinking "now I've got it figured out" only to realize I hadn't. The people who are interviewed about their rigs, I wonder if they really keep things that way or they discovered it after many months of experience and still have it that way (if they haven't done a rebuild).

Old 09-19-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
No worries. That was the biggest problem when traveling extensively wit my dogs. Finding stuff. Kept moving them around thinking I had a better system. Always thinking "now I've got it figured out" only to realize I hadn't. The people who are interviewed about their rigs, I wonder if they really keep things that way or they discovered it after many months of experience and still have it that way (if they haven't done a rebuild).
Yeah, sometimes things just click. I usually find that once I get frustrated enough, I 'll make things work.
Right now I had to take a break from putting the hinges on. It's been so long since I used power tools I can't remember a lot. I did buy a cheaper drill because I won't be using it much but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The screws went in fairly easily to the plywood but I 'm having trouble getting them into the 2x4's. I'm getting it done but using the screw driver more than the drill.

Do I have the torque set up too high? Maybe I am using the wrong but. I did buy a set, but again, the cheaper ones.

Well, I 'm just going to finish the back part, which is really the most important because that's the 'garage' and the things I don't need as often and some of the excess food will go there.

It's sort of a hassle to get things out of there but not too bad. I have to take out the cat box and the coffee station set up but that's not a big deal.

One of the things I stocked up on when I saw prices start to go up was coffee. I bought a lot because I know Quartzsite prices will probably be high. I'm sure Parker's will be too. That's where the only Walmart is and even they can pretty much demand what they want.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:53 AM

Yes, I noticed that coffee has gone from $10.99, to 11.99, to $13.99 to $15.99 yesterday at Costco, for the can of Kirkland Columbian. I mean, I don't expect prices to stay the same, but I sprang for it becuase I've gotten used to it compared to the Columbian I always bought at Trader Joe's. We finally got a Trader Joe's here, but that price has gone up too so the Costco can is a much better deal. Seems like if you buy 2-4 of those cans and store them in sturdy plastic storage bags, you'd be fine through the winter. I wonder if Parker or Bullhead has a Costco and/or a Trader Joe's.

I'm planning on doing the hinged board thing with crates underneath. Hope your project goes smoothly. Try not to stress about timelines, if it takes an extra day so what. I always leave an extra day or even two when preparing for a trip like you're embarking upon.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:57 AM

At first when I was buying so much food I thought, Where are you going to put all this? But I'll bet I'm glad I have it further down the road. I may have to shift things around while I'm actually traveling but once I'm settled in Quartzsite with three tents, the shower tent, the little tee pee tent and Marigolds tent, it'll be slick.
The roof carrier will come in handy too for keeping things out of the way. I'll probably take that off when I get there and stash it in the tent. It's going to carry the tents, chairs, excess clothing (it gets cold in the winter for a month or more) and that's about it. I did get a small one because I don't need more.

Now it started raining. It's been so gloomy the last few days, I 'm going to appreciate being back in the sun.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:02 AM

One of the things I've noticed working at a grocery store, I've learned about a lot of products that come packaged very conveniently. It really is possible to eat well, and eat healthy while on the road. I did it all wrong last time. Next time will be very different.... For example, the tuna pouches. So many different kinds of tuna and other fish available. There are many other examples.

I think the thing for me would be how to store creamer for my coffee. I keep a box of nonfat milk powder around for extreme emergencies, such as when I can't get to the store while ill. It barely does the trick. Another thing I've done in the past, yum yum: Boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk, turning it into a creamy caramel flavor. I guess one could keep cans of sweetened condensed milk for creaming. Problem is, it's highly caloric.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:22 AM

Yeah, I already decided that if it takes longer to get out of here, then it does. I'm not going to overdo and then be miserable driving.

I'll get done when I get done. But I do want some time with the kids. We'll be pretty busy once we get to Pahrump and won't have as much time to socialize.

I'll be pretty happy though to work with the wife. I'm not giving them names to respect their privacy, not because I don't want to name them, by the way.

The one I worked with last spring didn't impress me too much. She dressed cute and thought she was better than others. I just wanted to say, You do realize we're in the desert, don't you? But, to each his or her own I guess.

The couple I'm seeing, and then working with are so down to earth, they're a breath of fresh air. Phonies and people who have the misguided notion that they are better than others, I don't get along with so well.

A lot of that is from growing up poor and as the youngest girl, clothes had gone through three girls before I got them. It wasn't much fun.

Then, working in the nonprofit world, mainly with low income communities, I developed respect for their cultures and the hardships they endured. So I just don't have time for those that think they're better than others.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:30 AM

To answer your question, I haven't seen a Trader Joe's at Parker. I haven't spent much time in Bullhead City so I don't know if they have one or not. I actually haven't seen a Trader Joe's in a long time, not since I was in Minneapolis and that's been years ago.

I don't even know if Fargo has one. They're the largest town/city by us. 70 miles. Minneapolis is 200.

Old 09-19-2022, 01:46 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
So tired but I can't sleep. Still so much to do.

I don't know if I'll meet my deadline. I did get one of the hinges done but still have another. Then I have to do the side ones. Grrr.
I've got things ready to go into the car but really want the hinges done before I put the things in.

I also have to make sure I leave this place clean when I leave.
I've got two more days and, realistically everything is set to go in the car. But I want those hinges done because it will be so much easier finding things.

I want better organization. I've learned how helpful it is when I can just easily find what I'm looking for and I want to be that. Organized.

I shouldn't fret. I'm just venting. Sorry guys.
Inside your car i would probably use 1/2" plywood (if i'm understanding your project). If your attaching the hinges to 2"x4", drill holes a little smaller diameter then the screw threads diameter with appropriate drill bit. Now, put a little auto wax on the threads of a screw. Screw it in. The wax will make it easier to screw in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing