Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 01:12 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times

Advertisements

Thank you. If they can't fix it right away, I can get it done in either Pahrump or Arizona.
So, so glad I chose to pay for the higher insurance. I would have been broke by now if I hadn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 01:15 PM

11,067 posts, read 6,881,999 times
Smart woman!

Enjoy those caravans and the desert. I'm glad HOWA and the caravans are what's happening now. The RTR has mostly run its course. Glad I attended before it did.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:12 PM

I went to the last one but found it was more for newbies. I wish I would have realized Marigold was going to be a good traveler. I didn't go to the one the year before we were all stuck inside and then the next year there wasn't one.
As for the caravans, I may go ahead and stay at a LTVA again unless I'm 'fixed' before I get to Quartzsite. It all comes down to being close to a bathroom if I can't walk well. We'll see.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:43 PM

I've wondered about that LTVA across from the Mormon church on the way to Skadden Wash, whether it's affordable and has good access to showers and toilets, and water. I think it's a good idea to head to Quartzsite (or thereabouts) and wing it if you're up to it. Seems like it would be hard on your joints and your knee recovery to weather another winter in Minnesota (pun intended) Best of luck in your recovery.

Old 09-09-2022, 03:07 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I've wondered about that LTVA across from the Mormon church on the way to Skadden Wash, whether it's affordable and has good access to showers and toilets, and water. I think it's a good idea to head to Quartzsite (or thereabouts) and wing it if you're up to it. Seems like it would be hard on your joints and your knee recovery to weather another winter in Minnesota (pun intended) Best of luck in your recovery.
For all LTVAs, the price is the same - $180 for 6 months. IMO, that is very affordable.

I believe it's $40 per month if you don't want to pay for 6.

Old 09-09-2022, 03:37 AM

I believe it is $40 per week but don't quote me because I could be wrong. It IS $180 for the seven months, although I can't imagine staying the whole time because of the heat..
After paying $550, with my senior discount, for one month, $180 for 7 months is wonderful.
And yes,it would be much better on my joints.
As a matter of fact,, I'd never considered Arizona until a person encouraged me to visit and the first thing I noticed was my joints stopped hurting. The second thing was the sunsets and that was the clincher. Between the two, I was hooked.

Last edited by meo92953; 09-09-2022 at 03:51 AM..

Old 09-09-2022, 05:37 PM

My doctor thinks they may be able to give me a cortisone shot for my knee pain. That would be awesome, I think. I'm not sure what is involved with that.

Old 09-10-2022, 01:58 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
My doctor thinks they may be able to give me a cortisone shot for my knee pain. That would be awesome, I think. I'm not sure what is involved with that.
In the past, i've known some folks who have had these shots. I've been told the cortisone shot helped quite a bit, as long as the cortisone was effective.
Best of Luck.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:08 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Back in May 2019 before I had my 2 knee replacements (they were in 2020), I was about to leave for England on a trip with my students, and I could barely walk (knew I needed surgery but couldn't schedule it yet), and my doctor gave me a cortisone shot in the worst knee. It did absolutely nothing. I was SO disappointed, because I'd heard great things about the shots.

Apparently the shots DO work for a lot of people (I've heard and read of a TON of success stories, e.g. being able to postpone surgery for 6 months or longer), so I really hope it works for you! Good luck!

Old 09-10-2022, 07:18 AM

Yes, it's true that cortisone shots are hit or miss. I had 3, only 1 worked. The first one was for my hip. It worked perfectly. Took effect immediately. Lasted about 6 weeks. Went back for a 2nd which did absolutely nothing. I had been warned that it might not work. Had to wait another 3 months for the surgery. The third one was 18 months ago prior to the other hip replacement in summer 2021. It did nothing to block the pain.

Another thing is that if you get a cortisone shot you have to wait 3 months until surgery. I wish I had just gone forward with the surgery instead of having that shot. It wasted time, but it's a gamble you take. Just go for the replacement if you can, unless there is a compelling reason you need to wait (and therefore get the cortisone shot). If you want to make it through high season in the desert, get the shot hoping it works for pain and schedule surgery for when the high season dies down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing