Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2022, 07:45 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I had the MRA today. Just waiting for results. Will keep everyone informed.
I wish you the Best of Luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 07:47 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
An Fyi for pet owners. I just bought a hair detangler from Amazon that works great on both Taz and Marigold. It was $13.95 + tax and works amazing. Marigold tolerated her old one but seems to like the new one much better.
PET Republic, pet dematting rake. Just passing on info.
BigFoots doesn't like me messing with her/his hair...

Old 06-14-2022, 01:22 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times
Test results are in. Surprise, surprise, I have Peripheral Vascular Disease and surgery is recommended. I have been telling them this all along and hopefully they will schedule it soon.

Old 06-14-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
BigFoots doesn't like me messing with her/his hair...
Love your sense of humor Hawk.

Old 06-14-2022, 03:46 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,488,755 times
Quote:
Test results are in. Surprise, surprise, I have Peripheral Vascular Disease and surgery is recommended. I have been telling them this all along and hopefully they will schedule it soon.
Hi Meo, I've been way too busy lately to catch up with you.

Just a hint: it may not work, but try to see if they can get your surgery in before, say mid September. Because after oct, you never know what COVID restrictions on any services except COVID related.

My spouse has back problems requiring surgery, well first was the lockdown between seeing the neurosurgeon and the tests he wanted and the visit to review said tests. So almost a one year delay. Then last July after "normal", neurosurgeon said yes surgery, but it wasn't scheduled til Nov 4 last year.
Well Nov 2, late evening they call and cancel it!!

Spouse had to wait behind other patients to get back in this year. A month ago finally saw neurosurgeon again to literally start all over.
When neurosurgeon was reminded of cancel last year, and after he did the "resistance tests" on spouse to test the situation again, Spouse could no longer offer any resistance.
Because at this point, with Spouses spinal cord pinched off 95% in not one, but 3 lumbar vertebrae.
Spouse can now barely walk at all. Can't lift feet and doesn't have a feeling where feet are so trips over own feet.
Because of that, the neurosurgeon gave spouse 8 stars on the new star rating that determines who can wait or who needs now. 8 is highest priority.
We are even going to a hospital nearby that the neurosurgeon has privileges at because spouse can get it done there faster than our normal hospital where neurosurgeon is located.

So thus Friday is the day. Or at least we hope. Because they can cancel it even an hour before arrival time on Friday!
Could be covid issues, could be staffing issues, could be room restrictions, God only knows!

So we have every joint crossed between the two of us!

So, you may not get a choice..but push to get your surgery done before October and covid fall surges!
(Just tell them you're hitting the road again and need it done before!)

Best to you on that surgery.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:54 PM

Wow, he's been through the ringer. Sorry to hear that but glad it's going to get taken care of.

Both main doctors know my plans are to leave September 3rd. I'm hoping, but not assuming, that it will be soon.

I have an appointment with a neurologist in August but upon reading all day about the effects of PAD, that may solve the problem. I've been having excessive pain in my hands and feet, hence the neurologist appointment my main doctor set up.

But, I was looking at the Mayo Clinic website and it states that these could be symptoms of PAD. So it's possible I won't have to go to the neurologist. I guess I'll just have to wait and see

Old 06-18-2022, 11:07 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times
Quote:
Test results are in. Surprise, surprise, I have Peripheral Vascular Disease and surgery is recommended.

I have been telling them this all along and hopefully they will schedule it soon.

What kind of operation would this be, Meo?

Old 06-18-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
What kind of operation would this be, Meo?
A stent in my right leg artery. It's a simple in and out operation, unless something goes wrong.

That did happen with the first one I had to have put in. The doctor was held up so she was late and by the time it was done I'd been without food or water for close to a day as I couldn't eat or drink anything since 8:00 pm the previous day.

Then I had to lay flat until the blood clotted, which would have been another few hours. The nurse felt bad I think, because she raised the bed too soon and the clot wasn't fully done.

It broke open and blood started squirting everywhere. She fisted the opening, which is how they get it to stop, and called for the head nurse. That nurse came in and immediately tilted the bed so I was upside down and she also fisted the opening and got it to stop.

Needless to say, I had to stay overnight and wasn't allowed to leave until the afternoon. They did finally give me some food at least that next day.

I was black and blue for quite a while in that spot but it did work out.

And no, I'm not worried it will happen again. I think the first nurse was new to the unit or she would have known better.

Old 06-19-2022, 01:48 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Deleted.

My question = already asked and answered

Old 06-19-2022, 01:59 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Wow, he's been through the ringer. Sorry to hear that but glad it's going to get taken care of.

Both main doctors know my plans are to leave September 3rd. I'm hoping, but not assuming, that it will be soon.

I have an appointment with a neurologist in August but upon reading all day about the effects of PAD, that may solve the problem. I've been having excessive pain in my hands and feet, hence the neurologist appointment my main doctor set up.

But, I was looking at the Mayo Clinic website and it states that these could be symptoms of PAD. So it's possible I won't have to go to the neurologist. I guess I'll just have to wait and see

I'm sending good thoughts from Texas that it will be soon .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing