Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 11:10 AM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times

Advertisements

We didn't have cats while I was growing up, just dogs
I got a cat when I got my first apartment. I do talk to Marigold but she only meows when she's hungry or when she's unhappy with me, usually because I don't let her out when we're traveling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 11:48 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times
How do you spend your days on the farm, Meo?

Old 05-22-2022, 06:48 PM

My sister treated me to a delightful evening of dinner and a play, 'Footloose' at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. We then spent the night at the hotel next door to it. Her best friend and her daughter joined us and it was a wonderful experience.

I hadn't been to a play in years and had never been to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. What a treat it was.

I worried about leaving Marigold but left her plenty of food and water. She ignored me at first but is finally coming around. I was only gone overnight.
The play, and actors were magnificent. All in all I'm very glad I had the chance to experience this with my sister.

We've decided to make it a yearly outing, including her best friend and her daughter. It was especially special to be with those two as I grew up hanging around with my sister and her friend and I had even babysat the daughter in my early teens. I hadn't seen her in years and it was great spending time with the two of them.

Old 05-23-2022, 12:52 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Meo, it's wonderful you had an awesome evening with your beloved sister & friends...
You have priceless memories.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:00 AM

It was a special evening. I almost didn't want to go because I no longer have 'going out' clothes and I wasn't sure I could handle the crowd but it turned out it didn't matter. I was transported back in time by the actors and the crowds didn't bother me.

I'm glad I didn't pass up the opportunity.

I was a little uncomfortable at first because my sister insisted on paying for everything, and it wasn't cheap, but she does have quite a bit more than I do and it turned out okay.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:08 AM

It's funny how being a nomad has changed me. I used to dress up all the time for work and activities after work but I've since given all those clothes away, to let someone who needs them have professional clothing.

My attire is now very casual, especially since I spend so much time in the desert and camping areas. I will invest in at least one going out outfit that I'll leave here though. I'll probably get it at a thrift shop. After all, that's where I gave all my good clothes.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:16 AM

I took my car in for an oil change and had them look things over. They recommended new tires for the back. I was surprised that's all they found as I put everything new on 5 years ago. I went ahead and had them put them on. They're Coopers so should last at least 80,000 miles as long as I keep them rotated.
They were pricey but that's what you pay for safety and I had plenty in my emergency fund. That's what it's there for

They'll check the car again before I leave for Arizona. I was surprised the brakes and battery were okay as they're getting up there in age too.

This is why my cars last so long. If you take care of them, they'll take care of you.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:21 AM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,718 times
I'm surprised about the battery, too. Mine usually goes at 4-5 years. By coincidence, I had to replace it last month, which was 4 years 10 months.

Safe travels

Old 05-27-2022, 07:05 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
... They recommended new tires for the back. I was surprised that's all they found as I put everything new on 5 years ago. I went ahead and had them put them on. They're Coopers so should last at least 80,000 miles as long as I keep them rotated....
Tires are worth keeping updated / on the better side of 1/2 life. Not worth an accident or even a flat, if you can avoid it.

In many hundred sets of tires + my dad owned a tire shop. 80,000 mile tires (rotated front and rear) would be an absolute miracle. 40k miles in heavy service, 60k is a bonus. (And requires a very high quality tire, light car, with excellent alignment and suspension. )

Enjoy the new skins and trust they will get you through 7 yrs or until you find a replacement car.

Old 05-28-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Tires are worth keeping updated / on the better side of 1/2 life. Not worth an accident or even a flat, if you can avoid it.

In many hundred sets of tires + my dad owned a tire shop. 80,000 mile tires (rotated front and rear) would be an absolute miracle. 40k miles in heavy service, 60k is a bonus. (And requires a very high quality tire, light car, with excellent alignment and suspension. )

Enjoy the new skins and trust they will get you through 7 yrs or until you find a replacement car.
I do splurge on things like tires. I certainly feel I got my money's worth on the old ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing