Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2022, 05:42 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times

Advertisements

I do that only I use those laundry bags that you get off Amazon with the zippers it's for doing things like sweaters and delicates. When traveling I keep my socks my underwear my bras and my sweaters in separate zippered bags and then it's really easy to get them to the laundromat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 05:44 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
What might work for you is take 2 old pillow cases, use a black marker, put "Clean Socks" on one,
"Dirty Socks" on the other...
And perhaps have only a single color of socks... think of one color (navy? gray? tan?) that would go with
any of the clothes you wear. No more hunting for a sock's missing mate.... they'd all be sisters.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:32 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I do that only I use those laundry bags that you get off Amazon with the zippers it's for doing things like sweaters and delicates. When traveling I keep my socks my underwear my bras and my sweaters in separate zippered bags and then it's really easy to get them to the laundromat.
Good thought.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
And perhaps have only a single color of socks... think of one color (navy? gray? tan?) that would go with
any of the clothes you wear. No more hunting for a sock's missing mate.... they'd all be sisters.
Another good thought. But I already have like 24 pairs plus the mismatches. I'll have to wait to lose more.
I think Hawk has a good idea. I'm going to try that first.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:41 AM

Today started out with a cold, frigid wind and progressively got worse to thunder and rain. It's not a wasted day as I still have things to do inside but it sure hampers packing the car.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:53 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
The weather is pretty nice now in Grants Pass, OR, but i don't know what it will be like later in the Fall.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=97526+...&wsso=Moderate

Old 09-24-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
The weather is pretty nice now in Grants Pass, OR, but i don't know what it will be like later in the Fall.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=97526+...&wsso=Moderate
The weather has been really crappy here. Today was more sporadic rain. I brought things to the car whenever it stopped.

It just might be Monday before I get out of here. I've got a lot in the car but I still have to finish packing the back storage space and then set up my coffee station, which is a folding lap table and I put coffee and the Hot Logic under that... I put the pot next to the legs and the power station next to that. When I drive things go on my bed but when I'm parked I put things on top of the table. It worked pretty slick.

But, in order to get things out of the back space I have to move everything so I put the excess food in there. Also my tools.
I'm trying to make sure I utilize the entire space.

Next to the coffee set up is where Marigolds litter box goes.

Old 09-25-2022, 05:25 PM

Still haven't left and may not leave until Tuesday, I'm not sure.

Today the wind was so bad, I could barely walk in it to work on packing the car. So I finally decided to get the inside work done.

Tomorrow and Tuesday it's supposed to be okay but still don't have the cat tree in the car. Once I get that in I can work put things around it and finish up.

This crazy weather has just been a jinx.

Taking it day by day.

Old 09-25-2022, 06:13 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Still haven't left and may not leave until Tuesday, I'm not sure.

Today the wind was so bad, I could barely walk in it to work on packing the car.

So I finally decided to get the inside work done.

Tomorrow and Tuesday it's supposed to be okay but still don't have the cat tree in the car.

Once I get that in I can work put things around it and finish up.

This crazy weather has just been a jinx.

Taking it day by day.
It's sounding like the very day that summer officially ended,
the harbingers of winter showed up!

Is this typical for Minn?

Old 09-25-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
It's sounding like the very day that summer officially ended,
the harbingers of winter showed up!

Is this typical for Minn?
No, totally atypical. This is usually the time we have beautiful Indian Summer weather.

It's been very strange.

Then I look at Florida and it appears, parts of Canada and think, "and your complaints are what?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing