Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 09:28 AM

25 posts, read 13,814 times

Advertisements

I agree! Colorado Rambler, your story made my day. Just beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 06:29 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
What a wonderful story, CO Rambler!
I agree. You, rambler, are a natural born storyteller. I cherish Marigold and am so glad she likes traveling. I know that wasn't her plan but she's adjusted to it.

I don't know what happened to her in her life before me but I have a feeling it wasn't great. I know I spoil her but she deserves it. I also know she'll someday go over the rainbow bridge and I plan to give her the best life she's had before then.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:35 AM

5,766 posts, read 11,381,748 times
Rambler, I am not much for cat stories, but yours was excellent! A sort of cat version of Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:05 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,690,551 times
A 10 min car ride with my cat is a 4-letter word fueled diatribe. Not by me, by her! I have to sedate her 2 hrs before putting her in her crate. Then off to the vet she goes, where they have to fully anesthetize her just to take blood draws and do all the things vets do. She's under for 15 to 20 min. She's one of those fractious cats and has been that way her whole life. Nothing bad has ever happened to her; I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. She's always been difficult.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:46 PM

2,676 posts, read 2,629,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
A 10 min car ride with my cat is a 4-letter word fueled diatribe. Not by me, by her! I have to sedate her 2 hrs before putting her in her crate. Then off to the vet she goes, where they have to fully anesthetize her just to take blood draws and do all the things vets do. She's under for 15 to 20 min. She's one of those fractious cats and has been that way her whole life. Nothing bad has ever happened to her; I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. She's always been difficult.
When I first got out of college I bought a kitten who was like that. When we moved several years later (a multi-day drive), I was expecting her to scream the entire way. However, after screaming for about an hour, she settled down, and never carried on about a car ride after that. So, as counter-intuitive as it may sound, you may be better off in the long run if you take her on a senseless 1 day round trip drive and let her get it out of her system once and for all. Of course, you may just listen to her scream non-stop for the entire day and be no better off than you are now, there are no guarantees.

Good luck.

Old 03-05-2022, 02:42 PM

I agree. Marigolds first journey, she meowed got maybe 50 miles. After that she was and is just fine.

Old 03-05-2022, 03:34 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,690,551 times
My cat will be 13 yrs in a few months and has some health issues, and I'm not going to stress her out when there's no reason. She doesn't need to travel; my lifestyle is not on the road. For people who want to travel and have their cat(s) join them, it's excellent to do as you all have done and train them, younger than 8 yrs old, if possible.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:41 PM

Lottamoxie, I wouldn't do it either in your case.

I actually wouldn't be doing this if my son hadn't died and I realized how fragile life is.

For Marigold, it turned out she's a good traveling cat. Not every cat is.

Marigold seems to enjoy this lifestyle. If she hadn't taken to it I am not sure what I would have done, but she has.

Last edited by meo92953; 03-05-2022 at 06:07 PM..

Old 03-05-2022, 07:16 PM

I talked to my brother last night and his best friend died from an apparent heart attack. My brother was grief stricken.

I reminded him that his friend had lived a good life and, yes, it was heartbreaking but, he was happy,

It's hard for those left behind but, for me, it reenforces that we do what makes us happy and follow our dreams
I know my brother will have a hard time with this and can only hope he comes to terms with it. We all have a limited life span. Hopefully we make the most of it,

Old 03-06-2022, 04:58 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I talked to my brother last night and his best friend died from an apparent heart attack. My brother was grief stricken.

I reminded him that his friend had lived a good life and, yes, it was heartbreaking but, he was happy,

It's hard for those left behind but, for me, it reenforces that we do what makes us happy and follow our dreams
I know my brother will have a hard time with this and can only hope he comes to terms with it. We all have a limited life span. Hopefully we make the most of it,
I am so sorry your beloved brother's friend passed on. What is his age?
Rest in Peace...

With the medical technology now, if the paramedics can arrive quick enough, many heart attack patients have survived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing