Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 06:17 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times

Advertisements

I didn't really answer your question.

I stay at the campsite a lot and read, read, read.

Most meals I use the Hot Logic and cook the plant based packets I bought. Otherwise it's tuna or chicken salad sandwiches. So glad I invested in the plant based packets. Often I'll add extra canned vegetables.

I'm still trying to save for a minivan so don't do much traveling off site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 06:26 PM

Daily routine, I wake early, feed Marigold, make coffee , etc.

Most of my days are spent reading, watching utube and checking cd.

Most of my meals are prepared in the Hot Logic with the plant based packets I bought. So thankful I did that. Otherwise it's sandwiches.

Not a lot of off site traveling as I'm saving for a minivan.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:01 PM

Hm, cd said I lost the first response. Sorry for the near duplicate.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
DEFINITELY!! Of both Meo AND Marigold!
I'm certainly nothing to look at; lots of gray hair and wrinkles but I'll try get more of Marigold. Just wish I remembered how to do it. I didn't bring my laptop this time.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:35 AM

Okay, so I posted a few pictures on Facebook, one of an Arizona sunset and one of Marigold. I don't see a URL for them and since they are on my phone I can't copy them. How do I get them to cd?

Old 03-02-2022, 06:11 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Okay, so I posted a few pictures on Facebook, one of an Arizona sunset and one of Marigold. I don't see a URL for them and since they are on my phone I can't copy them. How do I get them to cd?
Someone just posted a new thread on cd about (Trouble posting pictures) on the page (about the forum) in administration zone.
elnina (MOD) usually helps members, Ask her, meo.

There are other threads about (how to post pictures) in (about the forum). Do a SEARCH.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/abou...l#post63005820

Old 03-02-2022, 06:26 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Daily routine, I wake early, feed Marigold, make coffee , etc.

Most of my days are spent reading, watching utube and checking cd.

Most of my meals are prepared in the Hot Logic with the plant based packets I bought. So thankful I did that. Otherwise it's sandwiches.

Not a lot of off site traveling as I'm saving for a minivan.
Canned chicken breast is good, Swanson or Walmart Great Value. I like it

Walmart deli makes daily fresh roast chicken. It's tasty...

Old 03-03-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Canned chicken breast is good, Swanson or Walmart Great Value. I like it

Walmart deli makes daily fresh roast chicken. It's tasty...
I agree. I use the canned chicken often. I also use the packets because they come in a variety of flavors. I don't do the roast chicken because I don't have refrigeration. And when I'm in Minnesota, my family raises chicken so there's always plenty frozen.

Old 03-03-2022, 01:02 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:
Marigolds a smart cat. She figured out the first night that were sleeping in the car.

Her very first trip she did howl for about 50 miles but I stopped periodically and petted her so she calmed down. Now she just looks out the window and enjoys the ride.
Meo, I have been enjoying reading about your adventures with Marigolds. Your words take me back to the time when I spent an entire summer camped out alone in Colorado's San Juan Mountains with only my orange, tiger striped cat for company.

I used to attend a support group which had its rooms located just off the motel district in my town. The orange kitty seemed to have fallen from the sky because he looked healthy and well-fed enough but also very lost. I started feeding him bits of chicken and tuna outside the building after my meeting was over. Since it was summer I sometimes left the windows of my car rolled down, and one day the orange kitty decided it was time he came along for a cruise. I was so startled when he jumped from the back of my car to the passenger seat! He had no problems with the car trip at all and seemed to enjoy watching the scenery go by.

Well, who was I to argue with fate? I knew that I had myself a new cat and I named him "Traveler" for obvious reasons. Traveler used to beg for food just like a dog - someone had obviously put a lot of time into getting Traveler adjusted to road trips and road tricks. I felt bad for Traveler's original owner because I knew he must have been dearly fixed in that person's heart and I tried to treat Traveler like the King of the Asphalt Jungle that he truly was.

A year passed and it was early summer again when Traveler and I hit the road with my camping gear tossed in the back of my Explorer with a dozen or so cans of soup and a bag of kitty chow to fuel us for adventure. Traveler figured out the routine very quickly. I'd usually drive to our next destination in the morning and early afternoon and I'd call it quits and set up camp around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Traveler and me were like desperados waiting for a train. I'd avoid the regular campsites and find places well off the beaten road for our nightly camp.

Traveler would sit in the front seat of the Explorer and watch me set up our tent, inflate the air mattress and spread out my sleeping bag. Once I was done, he'd jump out of the car and cruise over to the tent to check out the new digs. Then he'd have a nice long snooze in the tent while I gathered up firewood and got a little cookfire going. Whatever I had to eat, I always made sure that Traveler had his share. At night I'd fall asleep to the sound of his purr and the distant yap of coyotes.

After a week or so of this, I found a great campsite in the middle of nowhere and right next to a rushing mountain stream. We stayed in that spot for about 8 weeks and I would let Traveler walk around free since he never went far and always showed up for nighty campfire - no problemo! Except that when we finally needed to move on, Traveler vanished. I think that he saw me breaking camp and packing everything into the back of the car and freaked out. His name may have been Traveler, but he was a home-Kitty at heart.

Whatever the reason, Traveler just vanished on me. I called and called him and I walked up and down the banks of that stream, trying to find him for 4 or 5 hours. Finally, I sat down on the tailgate of the Explorer and howled in grief. When I finally looked up from my tears, there was Traveler, sitting down in the grass next to the car and waiting impatiently for me to open the door for him. There is a God, after all! After that I kept Traveler firmly zipped into the tent. It was going on fall anyhow and the days were getting short and the nights cold, so Traveler did not protest the loss of his freedom - too much. Traveler and I shared many happy days after our summer of adventure and I know he's waiting for me at that rainbow bridge.

Take good care of your amazing Marigolds and your amazing self. You are a woman after my own heart and I send you good wishes and blessings all around.

Namaste,
C.R.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:42 AM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
What a wonderful story, CO Rambler!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing