Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Lol you are the perfect example of the annoying Anti - Americanism in
Canada.
Remember this in the Politics forum?

You act like an expert about the U.S but in reality it's all ignorance
A few points. I married an American and lived there for a long time. I'm only posting about what I have experienced and seen for myself. I'm not Anti-American, as I've met a lot of very nice American people, but in typical fashion, you are unable to face any criticism of your country without bristling and accusing folks of anti-Americanism.
I lived there. You know damn well all you have to do is read the politics forum to realize how much the different factions loathe each other. I've never seen a country so divided, and I've seen it up close and personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
But she's absolutely right about that and by your very own posts and your denial you show you're part of the anathema. And she missed out the south vs. the north and the east vs. the west, and the rich vs. the poor, etc., etc.

She may not be an expert about the US but nobody needs to be an expert to recognize the contemptible loathing that so many Americans have for their fellow Americans. This sheer hatred that so many enclaves of this and that have for each other enclave of this and that is incomprehensible to most Canadians. And it isn't happening just now, it dates back to the inception of the country and your making enemies of your own selves has been going on non-stop throughout the history of the country. There is nothing united about the United States of America and it seems like there never has been. Not only has that in-fighting and hatred for each other been nurtured within the confines of the country, it's been extended outwardly towards the rest of the world.

Canadians don't dislike Americans, they just don't understand Americans' unhappiness with themselves. Americans dislike Americans more than anyone else does and they dislike the rest of the world too.

How can people in other countries have any abiding love for a nation of people that hate themselves so much as well as disliking the rest of the world?

Not to mention the gays vs the straights and the pro-lifers vs the pro-choicers. The list is endless. I wouldn't worry about other nationalities disliking Americans. You do a bang-up job of despising each other, and no side wants to give an inch.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
A few points. I married an American and lived there for a long time. I'm only posting about what I have experienced and seen for myself. I'm not Anti-American, as I've met a lot of very nice American people, but in typical fashion, you are unable to face any criticism of your country without bristling and accusing folks of anti-Americanism.
I lived there. You know damn well all you have to do is read the politics forum to realize how much the different factions loathe each other. I've never seen a country so divided, and I've seen it up close and personal.
Problem is you view too much things in a negative light and you ignore the great things about the US.
I mean seriously your username is "weltschmerz"

Last edited by iNviNciBL3; 08-12-2013 at 04:20 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Problem is you view too much things in a negative light and you ignore the great things about the US.
I mean seriously your username is "wetschmerz"
Actually, it isn't.
There are lots of great things about the USA, but you're failing to take the thread title and topic into consideration. It's not "Name the things you love about the USA". Feel free to start one, however. I'll be happy to contribute.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:00 AM

3,869 posts, read 5,295,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Really? The USA is the most divided country you have ever seen? What an incredibly narrow view of the world you have. You know that half the planet would laugh uncontrollably at that statement right? People are arguing on a forum and in congress, no one's dead bodies are being dragged throughout the streets last I checked. That is the definition of division and last I checked its happening this very minute in so many countries.

But at the end of the day you get caught up to date on "current events" from the Politics forum on city data, how very sad.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Really? The USA is the most divided country you have ever seen? .
While America may not be the most divided country in the world the politically right and left factions have definitely been at each others throats for the past few years,The point of view comes from talking to Americans who these days seem obsessed with politics/ watching FOX/MSNBC/,listening to the likes of Limbaugh/Beck/Jones,and reading many forums political sections which i think represent a very real political dynamic in todays USA .

Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM

3,869 posts, read 5,295,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While America may not be the most divided country in the world the politically right and left factions have definitely been at each others throats for the past few years,The point of view comes from talking to Americans who these days seem obsessed with politics/ watching FOX/MSNBC/,listening to the likes of Limbaugh/Beck/Jones,and reading many forums political sections which i think represent a very real political dynamic in todays USA .
It is not even close to being the most politically divided.

I agree there is some major tension among the left and right, but at the end of the day how does this really affect real peoples everyday lives? Personally I care about what is going on around the country and world, but when I wake up go to work and go about my life some bible thumping idiot in Butt F*ck Mississippi is the last thing on my mind and he/she has no influence on how I choose to live my life in Boston Massachusetts.

These people also have no influence on policy at all, they may be the loudest folks in the room but they have no organization and therefore have no power. The USA is going right? Well you could have fooled me election day where the Democrats picked up seats in the House and firmly controlled the Senate. The racists are so powerful? Well Obama beat the clean cut white banker by a landslide. You see how little this matters at the end of the day?

The P&C forum is good for laughs but using it to gauge the pulse of the nation or inform yourself to any degree is useless. Your smarter than that Jambo, or at least I hope you are.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:47 AM

Lmfao.
Oh no everyday is a civil war out here between democrats and republicans! there is a huge battle at our shopping malls about Obamacare, Gay marriage, Abotrions, etc.....!

Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Please answer do you think everyone I'm the USA cares about politics.
And do you think Democrat voters and Republican voters never interact with each other and avoid each other like the plague?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,818,958 times
Some Canadians must dislike me, because I get spam from "Canadiana Pharmacy" almost every day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada