Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 05:31 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah, so you corrected that oversight with your second offering; I see.

HA HA HA!!! I was thinking the same thing. lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 05:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
You do see some hostility towards Canadians at NHL games in NE cities though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobdPc7jnfk
Kind of hypocritical, chanting "you're gay!" while recording another man taking a leak.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:16 PM

211 posts, read 519,428 times
Many Americans dislike Canadians just as much for stupid reasons, some call them "American copycats". Americans and Canadians are both completely different. I've known a few Canadians and none have expressed dislike for Americans, well at least have never openly said something about it.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:19 PM

4 posts, read 6,645 times
..There are a lot of instances of Canadians booing the US national anthem, though. Check it out on YT. ("Montreal fans boo Boston." That is Quebec though.) Also watch "Boston's Response To Montreal Booing the US National Anthem," With Don Cherry It's a two way street: As I previously mentioned, chips on their shoulders to each other.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately44 View Post
I agree. Same with The Danes and Swedes and Norwegians, English and Scottish and Irish. Whenever there is difference, there will be discrimination between the sides. Some people are just in denial.
I didn't mean to come across as blunt or obnoxious in my original post. Maybe the behavior I witness is mainly limited to border Americans and border Canadians, such as in Niagara Falls. But I happen to be a Canadian citizen residing in Canada at this time, but not very close to the US border. My two brothers live in WA State, close to the Canadian border. I visit them frequently, and see both sides. The Canadian border agents can be rude and offensive towards American citizens. (But in Canadians' "defence", the US border officials are definitely colossal jerks to Canadians too. It seems that people deliberately hire the biggest pricks they can find to be customs officers). I often observe moments of road rage from Canadian motorists towards American motorists (including my American brothers.) Many Americans I have talked to, who have actually spent time in Canada, and find out Canadians are really like, do not always have nice stories to tell. Some, coming up for a one week vacation, even leave after a one day, after finding out how rude some Canadian people can be. I knew some Americans who said they "couldn't talk to Canadians about anything. One man doesn't bother driving through Canada to Alaska any more, and instead flies up from LA to Alaska. He once even Fed Ex'd the fish he caught in Alaska back to LA, before he drove back down to Canada from Alaska. An American history professor who works in Korea would tell me how rude, insecure so many Canadian students were, with their obnoxious flag waving behavior, especially after the war in Afghanistan. They seemed to bring their pissing contest with Americans wherever they go.
I agree, though, that most Americans never notice or talk or care about Canada. They look through the whole anti-American thing through rose-colored glasses. Why would they care, the whole population of Canada could fit into California? They feel sorry for Canadians. Plus, many Canadians seem very concerned about preserving their image as a tolerant multiracial society, so they deny their anti-American jealousy.
Sadly, the people that the majority of Americans despise the most -- Tucker Carlson and Ann Coulter-- were the most accurate in their assessment of Canadians. Tucker Carlson :"Canada is essentially a stalker, stalking the United States, right? Canada has little pictures of us in its bedroom, right? It's unrequited love between Canada and the United States. We, meanwhile, don't even know Canada's name. We pay no attention at all..."
BTW, I present another article for you that is a bit more recent, from Forbes : "Move To Canada? Not So Fast."
Maybe the American motorist was too aggressive.
Somewhere in Thunder Bay there was a long backup and i had to take a left up ahead so i went into the oncoming lanes when there was no traffic coming and everyone was beeping at me and giving me dirty looks even though it wasn't really that big of a deal. I have done this plenty of times in Minnesota and there is usually a group of cars with me doing the same thing.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:36 PM

4 posts, read 6,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Maybe the American motorist was too aggressive.
Somewhere in Thunder Bay there was a long backup and i had to take a left up ahead so i went into the oncoming lanes when there was no traffic coming and everyone was beeping at me and giving me dirty looks even though it wasn't really that big of a deal. I have done this plenty of times in Minnesota and there is usually a group of cars with me doing the same thing.
Sounds right. As an American in Canada, you have to be careful not to step on anyone's feet, or else you'll come across as arrogant. You also have to learn to love hockey. You only learn this after being there for awhile. The Americans who don't notice anti-Americanism don't really care, are naive, and looking at it through rosy coloured glasses. Americans generally love Canadians though. Americans "hatred" of Canadians is really just sarcasm. Tucker Carlson : "Canada is a sweet country. It is like your retarded cousin you see at Thanksgiving. You sort of pat him on the head.You know he's nice, but you don't take him seriously."

Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately44 View Post
Sounds right. As an American in Canada, you have to be careful not to step on anyone's feet, or else you'll come across as arrogant. You also have to learn to love hockey. You only learn this after being there for awhile. The Americans who don't notice anti-Americanism don't really care, are naive, and looking at it through rosy coloured glasses. Americans generally love Canadians though. Americans "hatred" of Canadians is really just sarcasm. Tucker Carlson : "Canada is a sweet country. It is like your retarded cousin you see at Thanksgiving. You sort of pat him on the head.You know he's nice, but you don't take him seriously."
My , my, aren't you the subtle one?

Old 08-11-2013, 09:00 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
We love you guys unless you do something nasty - like plunder a nation under the guise of fighting terror....motivated by the gross fear of weapons of mass destruction....Just the other day in Iraq a few more car bombs went of killing another 70 innocent people- This is almost a daily thing in Iraq....America went in there - beat the crap out of the place- knocked down a statue of Saddam - hung the dictator - then did not have a clue what to do after than...YOU made a mess over there.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Some, coming up for a one week vacation, even leave after a one day, after
finding out how rude some Canadian people can be. I knew some Americans who said
they "couldn't talk to Canadians about anything
That's pretty funny. Took his toys and went home after one day, eh?
Couldn't talk to Canadians about what, exactly? Real Housewives? The Kardashians? Maybe he was speaking English to Francophones in La Tuque?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That's pretty funny. Took his toys and went home after one day, eh?
Couldn't talk to Canadians about what, exactly? Real Housewives? The Kardashians? Maybe he was speaking English to Francophones in La Tuque?

Lol you are the perfect example of the annoying Anti - Americanism in Canada.
Remember this in the Politics forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You don't have to have a genocide. However, saying you peacefully coexist is a stretch. You hate each other. The blacks vs the whites vs the Hispanics vs the Muslims vs the Republicans vs the Democrats vs the religeous vs the atheists. All you have to do is read these forums to get a taste of the sheer loathing one group has towards the other.
You act like an expert about the U.S but in reality it's all ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada