Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 09:22 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada number one View Post
Wow so what's your point? Torontocheeka is right and her opinion is as valid as any others buddy. Just because of one's skin colour they can't share their opinions? Location: Quebec. Oh now it all makes sense.

You don't realize just how hard you've made it right now for me not to violate the forum rules on personal attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Wow so what's your point?

Duh! My point is that rules similar to the one in Boston about planting a tree on your own property can also exist in Canada. It's not just a weird or unreasonable American thing.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Wow so what's your point? Torontocheeka is right and her opinion is as valid as any others buddy. Just because of one's skin colour they can't share their opinions? Location: Quebec. Oh now it all makes sense.

@ Torontocheeka - love your posts girl. You are right in so many ways about the USA being a RACIST country that also supports SEXISM at an institutional level and Canada is a TOLERANT and MULTICULTURAL country. If Americans only knew what it is like to live in a society free of racism then they would all move to Canada so let's not shout our achievements to loudly! I refuse to go to the US now because it is such a dangerous place that most of it looks like inner city Detroit. I refuse to put money into their economy to be and going there supports racism and sexism when you spend money in their economy. Don't let racists like modernrebel deter you from being you they are just bitter that we don't condone racism. We watched a documentary in university called Black in America and it was about all of the horrible things they support down there like lynching black men for looking at white women. Glad to be from Canada where racism is a thing of the past and we never had slavery. That's probably why our black people aren't as violent and are more intelligent while in the U.S.A. their black people are mostly gang members or in prison.
So many falsehoods in there that I should respond to, but... naah. I've got my fill of discussing with pre-teens at home already. I'll pass for now.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:36 AM

Location: The worlds most liveable city in the worlds most livable nation! "The most beautiful place on Earth"
52 posts, read 47,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Duh! My point is that rules similar to the one in Boston about planting a tree on your own property can also exist in Canada. It's not just a weird or unreasonable American thing.
Why do you always defend the US in favour of Canada? In America they're black people aren't allowed to go in certain stores or eat at certain restaurants and then they wonder why their black people typically committ so many crimes. That's a much more poignant example that shows how different it is than something mundane like planting trees. Boston probably wouldn't look like a huge slum if they tried a more tolerant approach to dealing with their black people like we do in the more should we say enlightened parts of the world.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:39 AM

Location: The worlds most liveable city in the worlds most livable nation! "The most beautiful place on Earth"
52 posts, read 47,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
So many falsehoods in there that I should respond to, but... naah. I've got my fill of discussing with pre-teens at home already. I'll pass for now.
Canada named most tolerant country in the world | CTV News

Oh wait a second....

Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 AM

525 posts, read 454,305 times
At the risk of escalating a flame war, I will say this: when traveling in Canada, I (a Muslim American) feel more comfortable there than I do when traveling in the US. That being said anecdotes != data, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,305,536 times
[
Quote:
You are right in so many ways about the USA being a RACIST country that also supports SEXISM at an institutional level and Canada is a TOLERANT and MULTICULTURAL country. If Americans only knew bla bla bla blas bla.......
Quote:
Why do you always defend the US in favour of Canada? In America they're black people aren't allowed to go in certain stores or eat at certain restaurants and then they wonder why their black people typically committ so many crimes. That's a much more poignant example that shows how different it is than something mundane like planting trees. Boston probably wouldn't look like a huge slum if they tried a more tolerant approach to dealing with their black people like we do in the more should we say enlightened parts of the world.

Truly Comedy central...please keep us amused Canada Number One....

Old 02-05-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:

You should look at your own prejudices about people in your own country before pointing the finger at anyone else.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:20 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:

@ Torontocheeka - love your posts girl. You are right in so many ways about the USA being a RACIST country that also supports SEXISM at an institutional level and Canada is a TOLERANT and MULTICULTURAL country. If Americans only knew what it is like to live in a society free of racism then they would all move to Canada so let's not shout our achievements to loudly! I refuse to go to the US now because it is such a dangerous place that most of it looks like inner city Detroit. I refuse to put money into their economy to be and going there supports racism and sexism when you spend money in their economy. Don't let racists like modernrebel deter you from being you they are just bitter that we don't condone racism. We watched a documentary in university called Black in America and it was about all of the horrible things they support down there like lynching black men for looking at white women. Glad to be from Canada where racism is a thing of the past and we never had slavery. That's probably why our black people aren't as violent and are more intelligent while in the U.S.A. their black people are mostly gang members or in prison.
Quote:
This has to be a parody...

Old 02-05-2016, 10:25 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,260,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
This has to be a parody...
I was thinking more like a time machine back 60 years.

This has been a very entertaining conversation. Most of the participants seem to have their ties in one country and then "have family in" or "have visited" the other.

I won't delve into my own background other than to say that the countries have some similarities and some very great differences based upon my own extensive experience of living roughly 50% of my life in one country and 50% in the other. Depending on what you're looking for in life one can be better than the other for your personal or family situation.

I don't foresee in the near future any increased ties between Canada and the US, including economic or political union. There are too many things that are different between the countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada