Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Quebec Independence a Legitimate Movement?
Yes 147 65.04%
No 79 34.96%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 09:58 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Manners View Post
Right because we see English Canada as really foreign. Do English Canadians and Americans truly view each other as foreigners? Like going to Minneapolis is a foreign experience? Leaving Quebec to see Toronto is foreign for Quebecois as much as New York.
Most Americans seldom think of Canada unless we see one of those tractor trailers with Ontario plates running down an Interstate or the Canadian snow birds flocking to the American South every winter. But most of us definitely believe Canadians to be foreign. They come from what is mostly a very different mindset based on 250 years of differentiated existence. The spoken language is, for the most part, very similar but that is about where it ends. It isn't that we dislike Canadians. We don't. The sins of the Tories were long ago forgiven. But, in part we resent them manipulating the value of their currency to keep their labor cheaper, and welching on their common defense spending, adding to the burden of American taxpayers who feel forced to defend the expansive Canadian tundra on the cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 12:56 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Most Americans seldom think of Canada unless we see one of those tractor trailers with Ontario plates running down an Interstate or the Canadian snow birds flocking to the American South every winter. But most of us definitely believe Canadians to be foreign. They come from what is mostly a very different mindset based on 250 years of differentiated existence. The spoken language is, for the most part, very similar but that is about where it ends. It isn't that we dislike Canadians. We don't. The sins of the Tories were long ago forgiven. But, in part we resent them manipulating the value of their currency to keep their labor cheaper, and welching on their common defense spending, adding to the burden of American taxpayers who feel forced to defend the expansive Canadian tundra on the cheap.

I'm confused about the above bolded statement. In what ways is America defending Canadian tundra?

Old 10-04-2019, 08:50 AM

428 posts, read 450,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm confused about the above bolded statement. In what ways is America defending Canadian tundra?
They've certainly freed up billions for us to spend on social programs.

I appreciate what they do.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:53 AM

428 posts, read 450,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Acajack my friend, I sure hope you're right. We have had a fearsome history.
I would be more worried about the recent influx of third world immigrants and the brainwashed left-wing wing SJWs who can't wait to tell you how evil Israel is. They are way more anti-semitic than Quebec.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:54 PM

82 posts, read 71,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It doesn't matter, because Québec is still occupied. The Americans could have supported our independence in the 1990s but instead the groper Bill Clinton supported Canada. You could write a letter to thank him for allowing your fabricated 'country' to continue. If he had supported our true nation your fabrication would have come to it's end.

Americans need to wake up and realize that English Canadians hate them. Québec is more of a friend than the English Canadians have been. They secretly dislike the USA when the doors are closed but of course when Americans are around they try to pretend they are best friends. It is an jealousy they carry because of being the second rate English people in North America and the Americans have humiliated them. The worst part? The Americans don't even notice Canada exists.

The ultimate objective is the final liberation of Québec from this mediocre federation known as Canada. Personally I settle for nothing less. I will vote Bloc Québecois, even to know they will never win but it is the only moral vote to take. No amount of money or bribes can change that. Vive le Québec libre.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:04 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter, because Québec is still occupied. The Americans could have supported our independence in the 1990s but instead the groper Bill Clinton supported Canada. You could write a letter to thank him for allowing your fabricated 'country' to continue. If he had supported our true nation your fabrication would have come to it's end.

Americans need to wake up and realize that English Canadians hate them. Québec is more of a friend than the English Canadians have been. They secretly dislike the USA when the doors are closed but of course when Americans are around they try to pretend they are best friends. It is an jealousy they carry because of being the second rate English people in North America and the Americans have humiliated them. The worst part? The Americans don't even notice Canada exists.

The ultimate objective is the final liberation of Québec from this mediocre federation known as Canada. Personally I settle for nothing less. I will vote Bloc Québecois, even to know they will never win but it is the only moral vote to take. No amount of money or bribes can change that. Vive le Québec libre.
You may believe Canada to be a mediocre federation but Quebec without all its linguistic rules and regulations would be less than mediocre, As for being a friend to America see how they will bend over backwards to accomodate the French culture across America eh.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:47 AM

26,878 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You may believe Canada to be a mediocre federation but Quebec without all its linguistic rules and regulations would be less than mediocre, As for being a friend to America see how they will bend over backwards to accomodate the French culture across America eh.
Who wants to see francophone culture accommodated across "America" (by this I assume you mean the USA)? Nobody has ever talked about that.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:16 AM

120 posts, read 71,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yep..and let's not forget that Quebec's inferiority complex keeps them from ever actually voting for independence. They talk the talk but never walk the walk.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:22 AM

120 posts, read 71,237 times
Quote:

Quebec isnt "occupied"...its hard to even take the Pepsi mentality seriously. No amount of language police and ethnic nationalism can rebuke the fact that Quebec will always belong to Canada. You had your chance and now independence is out of the question. Its forever dead.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:12 AM

26,878 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
Quebec isnt "occupied"...its hard to even take the Pepsi mentality seriously. No amount of language police and ethnic nationalism can rebuke the fact that Quebec will always belong to Canada. You had your chance and now independence is out of the question. Its forever dead.
Quasi-racial slurs* always add a certain flavour to an argument. In this case, given its nature it probably deserves not much more than a big burp in response.

*I realize that our mostly Americans moderators probably aren't well-versed in Canadian slurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada