Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 08:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,505,679 times

Advertisements

I noticed on one of the youtube live feeds that more than a few of the Semi Tractors were minus the FMCSA issued USDOT numbers on their doors as are required for all vehicles crossing into the U.S. while operating "in commerce".

While towing my large personal use fifth wheel RV using a class 7 International semi truck, I was flagged more than once while crossing the border and required to report to secondary inspection to PROVE I was not operating "in commerce". It was rather rare back then for these trucks to be used as non-commercial "personal use" only toters. Their first question was "where are your mandatory numbers" then the party would begin in earnest.

One might be able to draw any number of conclusions as to why full commercial rigs, with no legal ability to cross the border in any case, are involved in a "requirement for border crossing" protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 08:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,505,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
he is dumber than I thought if he says that after his boss has called for them to go home, he really needs to read between the lines and distance himself from a group who are increasingly having their true motives exposed, which would see him possibly out of a job. Blaming Trudeau is his go to for everything which , as I have said before makes him the ideal opposition MP and frankly unfit for anything else. He could easily have outlined his parties demands for the easing of restrictions plan that Bergen wants Trudeau to present to parliament
I remember your past post suggesting he would probably be eaten alive in the house during question period and it would appear he's insistent upon giving them all the required ammo by which to do that.

If nothing else, the next few months of political gamesmanship in Canada should be very interesting.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:41 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,537,385 times
Re blocking of main border crossing at Emerson MB, posted on Reddit this morning:
Quote:
They're still blockading with no ETA to when they'll stop. Commerical shipments are being diverted through Sprague, Boisevain and Gretna. Source: am a customs broker.
I’m glad there are alternatives.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:45 AM

2,403 posts, read 1,574,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I remember your past post suggesting he would probably be eaten alive in the house during question period and it would appear he's insistent upon giving them all the required ammo by which to do that.

If nothing else, the next few months of political gamesmanship in Canada should be very interesting.
I can see some movement of conservatives to the PPC, it really depends on who replaces O'Toole

Old 02-11-2022, 10:12 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,574,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It's worse. Ottawa police say there was a concerted effort today to swamp their 911 system with calls and crash it.
That is just sick.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Ottawa police say the ‘flood’ of false 911 calls came ‘significantly’ from U.S. sources:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8609284/o...t-disruptions/
This is interesting.

You can't call another areas 911 from outside your 911 area. You could in theory call your 911 and say you know of an emergency outside your area, but those 911 operators don't work for telephone companies but for
companies like

https://www.ecomm911.ca/about-e-comm/

In other words IF a 911 operator in Boston was asked to be connected to the emergency line of the Ottawa Police...there would be some questions, but more importantly, that 911 operator wouldn't know the emergency number for the Ottawa police.

It used to be that before 911, emergency services did list their emergency numbers, but after 911 came into effect that slowly faded off. I just checked a couple of places, including Ottawa, and they only list non-emergency numbers and 911 for emergencies. Flooding non-emergency lines is pointless and would have no effect on 911.

So I can't see how someone outside of the area, let alone the country could call 911 and get Ottawa.

UNLESS, those calls came from US cell phone numbers, and those phones are in Ottawa, since cell phones using GPS will connect you to the 911 that your phone is physically in.

I'd be curious as to how and what the police know about these calls.

Last edited by Natnasci; 02-11-2022 at 10:47 AM..

Old 02-11-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I noticed on one of the youtube live feeds that more than a few of the Semi Tractors were minus the FMCSA issued USDOT numbers on their doors as are required for all vehicles crossing into the U.S. while operating "in commerce".

While towing my large personal use fifth wheel RV using a class 7 International semi truck, I was flagged more than once while crossing the border and required to report to secondary inspection to PROVE I was not operating "in commerce". It was rather rare back then for these trucks to be used as non-commercial "personal use" only toters. Their first question was "where are your mandatory numbers" then the party would begin in earnest.

One might be able to draw any number of conclusions as to why full commercial rigs, with no legal ability to cross the border in any case, are involved in a "requirement for border crossing" protest.
Good catch.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:13 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,537,385 times
This was reported earlier this week: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/swatt...tawa-1.6343819

Quote:
A 20 year-old man from Akron, Ohio, is facing potential swatting-related charges after calling in a bomb threat to police in the wrong Ottawa.

The individual — whose name has not yet been released — only realized he reached police in the wrong Ottawa on Monday after calling a second time to claim he had been shot, according to Ohio's Putnam County Sheriff's Office Captain Brad Brubaker.

"As soon as the dispatcher advised him he called Ohio … he said, 'Wait, wait, I'm not shot,'" Brubaker told CBC News.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
This was reported earlier this week: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/swatt...tawa-1.6343819
Not very bright.

He obviously called a non-emergency number, since the Ottawa police in Ohio, also don't list an emergency number, except for 911, which he can't call from Akron.

https://www.ottawaohio.us/directory.aspx?did=25

Really want to know how the police in our Ottawa know that US calls came into our Ottawa's 911.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:38 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,062,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

He exposed himself which is good!! .......
Yup. And it was the protest that caused him to expose himself.

Although I would have preferred the protest had not happened, the one thing about it that I'm glad of for it happening is that it has suddenly caused the exposure of so many of Canada's weaknesses that nobody has been giving thought to prior to the protest.

Social, political, governance, policing, military, health care, media, emergency procedures, cultural apathy, social and financial manipulation and corruption, violent minded traitors and anarchists within our own ranks who want to overthrow the country and are using and teaching their own children to be shields for the adults, all the border crossings that are chinks in the armour of an unguarded border, dependency of trade with other countries, the financial and political interference and social media interference from international foreigners in what should have been Canada's business alone, Canadians and government being far too trusting and laissez-faire, just letting insurrectionists with ulterior motives manipulate citizens and roll right on in and terrorize and take cities and bridges hostage with so much ease - I could go on with more but the point is all of these weaknesses and many, many more Canadian weaknesses and lack of preparedness have suddenly been exposed to all Canadians and the rest of the world all at once in just the past 2 weeks.

What's good about it is that it's only been a domestic insurrection that has caused the exposures and brought to light all these weaknesses that need to be addressed. It could have been a lot worse if there had never been a domestic insurrection and the many weaknesses had been ignored and allowed to slide, continuing to be not taken into consideration, and then foreign enemies with more power and influence and more violent blood in their eyes had taken advantage of and moved in on the weaknesses that Canada has been ignoring.

I hope it's all being a huge eye-opener and wake-up call to all Canadians and that everyone is learning a valuable lesson from all of these exposures of Canada's weaknesses that are happening.

Last edited by Zoisite; 02-11-2022 at 12:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada