Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 02:32 PM

2,383 posts, read 1,583,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Consider that for this 70 years old tear down with a leaky roof, not even comparable as location to my friend's house, asking price is 1.8 mil

https://www.zillow.com/homes/1004-Sp...14487436_zpid/

RE up there is truly out of this world.
https://www.realestate.com.au/proper...ware-nsw-2230/

Vancouver is listed as the third least affordable real estate market in a lot of surveys, after Hong Kong and Sydney. But it is acknowledged that Sydney has very big differences between areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2024, 02:48 PM

14,419 posts, read 11,859,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Vancouver is listed as the third least affordable real estate market in a lot of surveys, after Hong Kong and Sydney.
It makes sense to me. Canada is a very big country (geographically), and Vancouver is the only major city with what most people would consider a mild climate.

If San Diego were the only option for a city with a mild climate in the US, it would be even more astronomically expensive than it is.

Old 01-19-2024, 02:58 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,331,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
https://www.realestate.com.au/proper...ware-nsw-2230/

Vancouver is listed as the third least affordable real estate market in a lot of surveys, after Hong Kong and Sydney. But it is acknowledged that Sydney has very big differences between areas.

Consider also that salaries in Australia are, on average, at least nominally higher than Canada.

Old 01-19-2024, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

If San Diego were the only option for a city with a mild climate in the US, it would be even more astronomically expensive than it is.
San Diego is actually surprisingly not too expensive when you consider its absolutely magnificent geographical location and how livable is. It should command higher prices than San Francisco but the Bay Area has a much stronger economy. In Vancouver the usual connection between strong economy and high housing prices breaks down.

Old 01-20-2024, 12:38 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,996,811 times
I like SD, going to Tijuana is fun.

I live in Seattle going to Vancouver as the nearest big city is OK, but the traffic can be horrendous and makes me nervous.

If I had the money to live wherever I want it would be San Diego area. Probably the suburbs somewhere. Its really not that much more expensive than Seattle or Vancouver with as you stated more livable.

Old 01-20-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I like SD, going to Tijuana is fun.

I live in Seattle going to Vancouver as the nearest big city is OK, but the traffic can be horrendous and makes me nervous.

If I had the money to live wherever I want it would be San Diego area. Probably the suburbs somewhere. Its really not that much more expensive than Seattle or Vancouver with as you stated more livable.

San Diego was my favorite city to eventually move (I was in Vancouver from 1999 to 2002 and since then I lived in Seattle) but I sadly discovered years ago that the ocean is not really swimmable, even in summer, without a wetsuit and I did not like the open ocean waves. I grew up in Sicily where we can swim for almost 6 months out of the year.

Many years ago I worked for few months in Tampa on a client project and I did like the city a lot, recently I visited again and I fell in love even more so much that I bought a house there last year. Beautiful beaches at short distances, warm waters and the kind of little coves coastline I like. Very vibrant city, great social environment and nightlife and great food, we absolutely love it. We are commuting there every 2 months or so for "work from home" stints until we will move permanently in few years.

My top cities in the US to live are San Diego, Tampa and Charleston.

Old 01-20-2024, 02:56 PM

1,320 posts, read 560,256 times

Old 01-21-2024, 03:48 PM

1,320 posts, read 560,256 times
I am glad an Indian himself is calling this out. I remember talking about international students ripping off food banks before and the usual suspects came out with their knee jerk reactions. A huge percentage of international student business is a scam.

Last edited by Luisito80; 01-21-2024 at 04:00 PM..

Old 03-28-2024, 02:41 AM

67 posts, read 47,986 times
I made a case study about Canada’s current situation and the findings are beyond devastating in every single field. The average new home purchase stands and 670.000$ while the rental average payments stands at 2.200$ per month while at the same time the average home price in the US is 430.000$ and the rental payments at 1.400$ despite the fact that American wages are 30% higher than the Canadian one. So Canadians’s are not able to find a new home are stay alone anymore while their wages do not increase. Trudeau imported more than 4 million low skilled immigrants in just 5 years in order to boost his country population but the results are disastrous at least. Based on these Bloomberg posted an article yesterday in which describes the demoralising situation of the Canadian economy and society.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...benefits-data/

Old 03-28-2024, 02:54 AM

3,646 posts, read 3,449,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financial Man View Post
The average new home purchase stands and 670.000$ while the rental average payments stands at 2.200$ per month while at the same time the average home price in the US is 430.000$ and the rental payments at 1.400$ ...
Are you French-Canadian? Only French-Canadians put the dollar sign after the number, and use a period as a comma. English Canadians put the dollar sign before the dollar amount, and use commas in dollar figures.

Just wondering about your Canadian bona fides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada