Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I am totally confused after reading the "transcript" ... how on earth did you "know" what Meeko was "saying"? I love my cats dearly but they don't speak English.
I'm working on a reply right now, but it's taking some time to try to find the best way to explain how it works for/with me. I haven't asked Agnes about her process.

I'm also looking for links and texts from my previous posts that pertain to try to help you understand what it feels like. That's gonna take a while as well.

I decided to post what I have ready so far:

Before Meeko (and Alfredo and Olivia) came to live with me, there was Saber.
//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post19405677

< insert > I had difficulty explaining how WE, Saber and I, communicate but I tried < insert >

When Saber and I first began communicating, or more specifically, when I first realized that Saber and I Were communicating, it was like we sent pictures to each other. They way it worked for me was I would have a thought I wanted to convey, that were words initially, then I would "turn it into a picture" and send it to Saber.

I didn't ask Agnes what her process was.

Last edited by leanansidhex; 12-21-2012 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: adding what I have ready from another post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 AM

I"ll have to go in depth in a later post but here are some older posts.

The first links are to the entire thread ('cause I don't know how to quickly and easily find the post I want)

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...were-move.html
01-25-2012, 06:01 AM
greg42
befriend

6,792 posts, read 3,721,859 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex
It has been decontaminated/cleaned by a company that specializes in crime scene clean-up. I verified it myself to be sure.
It should be fine then. The likelihood is the cats notice nothing. The only remaining question is you. I've seen some of the things you've posted on this forum before; so can you handle it? I'm needling you a bit, yes, but it seems like this is probably the most serious part of the question in your case and only you can answer that. Most of the people posting here appear not to find this a significant issue, but you can't crowd-source your own personal reaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01-25-2012, 09:16 AM
leanansidhex

Status: "beloved of the fairy mound" Edit (set 1 month ago)

1,432 posts, read 408,702 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42
It should be fine then. The likelihood is the cats notice nothing. The only remaining question is you. I've seen some of the things you've posted on this forum before; so can you handle it? I'm needling you a bit, yes, but it seems like this is probably the most serious part of the question in your case and only you can answer that. Most of the people posting here appear not to find this a significant issue, but you can't crowd-source your own personal reaction.
I don't have a problem with "the violent death in the living room thing" - I was going to school to be a mortician before I got The job as a flight attendant.
I would have continued with school but it wasn't possible logistically and time wise to do both, and being able to travel extensively was a life long dream.

"THE POSTS" yes I know. lol My relationship with Saber, is what it is. It was a gradual process, I think he had been reaching out to me for months before I realized it. He wanted to be cared for and cared about, and he was asking me to really "see" him and care about him.

Eventually, I got the message, but I was still sceptical until one profound exchange convinced me that there may (still) be more in this world than we are able to understand.

Maybe it's similar to the way close friends can finish each others sentences, or can communicate without speaking, you develop a unique language.

I don't have theories or beliefs that I need to, or attempt to, find proof of.

So, unless something in the house screams "Get Out! or REDRUM spontaneously appears, scrawled across the walls, I'm good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next link is to "THE POSTS" lol

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...d-felines.html

The "profound exchange" is a post in the above thread.

03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
leanansidhex

Approximately two months before Saber died, he was trying to "convey" something important to me, something I didn't want to hear or acknowledge ...

So he looked directly at me ... no one else was home, the t.v. wasn't on ... and I heard, "as plain as day"

"I won't see another spring"

I cancelled an upcoming weekend to San Francisco, took the t.v. out of our room, and gave him my undivided attention, as I counted off the days 'til spring began.

As that day came and went and Saber was still here, I silently prayed that I wasn't able to communicate with him, that it was "all in my head"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had set the First day of spring as an arbitrary marker ... Saber Died May 4th

Last edited by leanansidhex; 12-21-2012 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: add

Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM

575 posts, read 1,995,642 times
You know - logic and reason as we all have come to "know" it tells us that these sorts of experiences just don't happen, these people are fake. However some things in life happen to all of us that there is just no logic and no explanation for.

Whether you believe in a God or a religion or not we have all had these types of moments. Moments where you "know" things - you "feel" things beyond what you can reason to be a rational experience.

Say what you will about a psychic or a communicator -I think that in truth a lot of these people are fraudulent - however when you have an experience with one such as this it's hard to argue the fact that WHATEVER you believe happened during the visit to the home things changed. Maybe simply the powerful belief that it WOULD change was enough to cause the change.

I really can't say. I'm not a religious person myself. I'm not dialing any 1-900 number either. But I do know that enough people believe it. I do know that I have had a few unexplained moments in my own life. I don't sit in judgment.

I do think that on some level, as small as it may be, we are naive if not foolish even to believe that species don't have some way to communicate with each other. No I don't think my Cat speaks English. But I know my cats have found a way to adapt and understand what I gesture and "say" to them. It's how we train dogs and horses - we learn to communicate. I do think there are quite possibly those people that can think and feel beyond the human verbal language and bridge a barrier. What a wonderful thought. What a wonderful gift.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,059,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom4 View Post
I do think that on some level, as small as it may be, we are naive if not foolish even to believe that species don't have some way to communicate with each other. No I don't think my Cat speaks English. But I know my cats have found a way to adapt and understand what I gesture and "say" to them. It's how we train dogs and horses - we learn to communicate. I do think there are quite possibly those people that can think and feel beyond the human verbal language and bridge a barrier. What a wonderful thought. What a wonderful gift.
Gestures, yes, of course. And of course my cats know some words when I say them (the word "treat" comes to mind). But I don't have back-and-forth conversations with them as was detailed in an earlier post in this thread. THAT is what I found, well, not too believable.

Sorry, I really don't mean to sound mean (although I am probably coming across that way), but I am utterly skeptical about all this (and the OP even says in one of her posts one kitty wouldn't make another spring, but he DID, so I'm not sure what the "proof" was in that story? it was contradictory). I guess if it works for you, or if you believe such things, great, but ...

Old 09-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
I"ll have to go in depth in a later post but here are some older posts.

The first links are to the entire thread ('cause I don't know how to quickly and easily find the post I want)

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...were-move.html
01-25-2012, 06:01 AM
greg42
befriend

6,792 posts, read 3,721,859 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex
It has been decontaminated/cleaned by a company that specializes in crime scene clean-up. I verified it myself to be sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01-25-2012, 09:16 AM
leanansidhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42
I don't have a problem with "the violent death in the living room thing" - I was going to school to be a mortician before I got The job as a flight attendant.
I would have continued with school but it wasn't possible logistically and time wise to do both, and being able to travel extensively was a life long dream.

"THE POSTS" yes I know. lol My relationship with Saber, is what it is. It was a gradual process, I think he had been reaching out to me for months before I realized it. He wanted to be cared for and cared about, and he was asking me to really "see" him and care about him.

Eventually, I got the message, but I was still sceptical until one profound exchange convinced me that there may (still) be more in this world than we are able to understand.

Maybe it's similar to the way close friends can finish each others sentences, or can communicate without speaking, you develop a unique language.

I don't have theories or beliefs that I need to, or attempt to, find proof of.

So, unless something in the house screams "Get Out! or REDRUM spontaneously appears, scrawled across the walls, I'm good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next link is to "THE POSTS" lol

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...d-felines.html

The "profound exchange" is a post in the above thread.

03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
leanansidhex

Approximately two months before Saber died, he was trying to "convey" something important to me, something I didn't want to hear or acknowledge ...

So he looked directly at me ... no one else was home, the t.v. wasn't on ... and I heard, "as plain as day"

"I won't see another spring"

I cancelled an upcoming weekend to San Francisco, took the t.v. out of our room, and gave him my undivided attention, as I counted off the days 'til spring began.

As that day came and went and Saber was still here, I silently prayed that I wasn't able to communicate with him, that it was "all in my head"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had set the First day of spring as an arbitrary marker ... Saber Died May 4th
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Gestures, yes, of course. And of course my cats know some words when I say them (the word "treat" comes to mind). But I don't have back-and-forth conversations with them as was detailed in an earlier post in this thread. THAT is what I found, well, not too believable.

Sorry, I really don't mean to sound mean (although I am probably coming across that way), but I am utterly skeptical about all this (and the OP even says in one of her posts one kitty wouldn't make another spring, but he DID, so I'm not sure what the "proof" was in that story? it was contradictory). I guess if it works for you, or if you believe such things, great, but ...
There years later, I have a better, though not complete, idea of my mind set during this time.

Saber had said "I won't see another spring"

I had set the First day of spring as an arbitrary marker … Saber didn't see an entire [another?] spring ~ Saber Died May 4th

Either way … I knew what he had meant, that he would be dying soon … I was looking for a way to prevent it, or more precisely, to tell him he wasn't allowed to die because [I had broken the chain of events that were to lead up to his death]

Old 12-18-2014, 10:37 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,553,448 times
I almost wish I didn't cremate Hobby. I could have used the money to maybe talk to her after she died instead.

I'm all mixed up. Was going to have my Dad bury her in his yard where my other cat is, but somehow changed my mind to cremation, which is what I had wanted for the other cat as well.

Now she's in storage because I can't decide on anything. What kind of box. Do I want a paw print? etc.

Of course I just want her back alive. At least to have her last days back and do them better. I think I did right her whole life until the last two days.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:41 AM

She was with me in my arms in the seat. Waiting to be PTS. Seconds before the tech came in, she got up on the table herself. I thought she was saying she was ready. But maybe she just thought she was getting fluids to feel better. I will never know.

She kept trying to turn away from me, and I kept turning the blanket around. IDK why I couldn't let her be how she wanted. So selfish.

They had said if she hides and doesn't eat, I had to PTS. So her last night here she tried to go to bedroom. I shut that door. She tried the closet. I shut that door. And walked out, because that meant she had to go. And I was so sad and had to cope. But I should have been thinking of her.

She chose to lay on a towel in the bathroom and I said that's fine and walked out. She followed me and still I did not sit with her. I went to call the Vet and confirm I had to PTS and dealt with my own feelings instead of hers.

I'm so sorry, Hobby.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:22 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,362,586 times
I'm so sorry to hear about Hobby. I too have had to put much loved pets to sleep in the past, and except for the most recent one, didn't handle it as well as I should have. It's a very difficult situation that can make you an emotional wreck that doesn't handle everything perfectly. Just try not to beat yourself up too much, and remember that you did the right thing for her.

RIP Hobby.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:51 PM

If you Were [actually] selfish, rather than just Feeling selfish, you wouldn't have helped Hobby pass. I'm sure she understands that you needed [to do the things that you did] to be able to cope.

Because we have discussed the topic of "talking to a pet psychic", I'd like to make it possible for you to talk to Hobby.

DM me and let me know if you will follow through, [today/tomorrow] by emailing Agnes your telephone number and a picture, or two, of Hobby, today/tomorrow. After I hear from you I'll call Agnes and let her know that it is a GIFT from my kitties to yours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We discussed my possibly posting parts of our DM conversations, anonymously, at the time, so I hope this is OK.

Since jencam is grieving, would it be TOO MUCH to ask, that other posters not take this as an opportunity to pontificate about the abilities or motivations of all pet psychics.

I'm only posting from my DMs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DM:
"I do have something hopeful to share with you, BUT, you're kitten is most likely sick with FIP if your vet says so. And I'm SO heartbroken for you.

I have a very trusted and gifted pet psychic, and she is now a friend. She is also Very affordable. $35/20 minutes or $50/for half an hour.

She helped me with Meeko, when he was attacking Alfredo
Help for cat aggression Cheaper than Feliway, and it worked!

She stayed with Meeko when we euthanized him for long standing, painful, untreatable medical issues. And she was with us, when he reincarnated back to me, 6 months later. I found Saber and Meeko on my own but she confirmed my choices.

Another PO just had a reading with her done. That PO contacted me after she saw Saber's thread. She had a reading with her two cats that just passed, they will be coming back to her, born in the same litter.

The most important thing I can tell you is this: Do not let that little kitten suffer. You can think about yourself Later, BUT, when it is time to help him pass, do not hesitate. Don't wait for nature to take the burden from you, FIP is cruel and you are not.

You can stay in touch with me, if you'd like to.

If you'll listen to Saber's playlist NOW, it will be easier for you when you need to help your kitten let go.
Leannan

~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't get, or have any kind of psychic inclination when I told you about Agnes.
I didn't know How you would feel about it. This is [more like] what my thought process was.

I know how devastated I was when we thought Alfredo was dying of FIP. I do believe in Agnes's abilities, and felt it was possibly a way for you have some control and some solace. BUT, MOST IMPORTANTLY, her rate starts at ONLY $35. I never would have suggested you call her (even though I believe in her ability) if she were more expensive, because there is a line between offering someone [an unsolicited] gift and [possibly] offering them hope they can't afford, or will go into debt to chase after.

(In reference to a thread in the paranormal forum)

" I ;posted the black leopard video a month or so ago,in Saber's visitation and signs thread.
Also, I'm not sure where the notion that "REAL" animal communicators don't charge for their services.
Says who? Why should an AC have to work a "day" job they don't like, just 'cause "you" don't want to pay them for their time. I still really think that (probably) most psychics, animal or otherwise) are bull****. But there are some that have an actual ability to communicate with animals. I don't know, or go to "for people" psychics, so I don't have an opinion on that side of the issue. Finding the real ones ... without being taken advantage of, or ruining your life by acting on information you got from a psychic … may make looking for the real ones, not worth risk.

It's the same line of thinking that says, all veterinarians should treat a sick animal for free. Aren't they allowed to pay their rent, and have a life supported by their work. Although I do think a lot of vets are bad at diagnosing and healing. And a lot don't really give a ****, and opt to run their practice by concentrating on those things with the higher profit margins, like vaccinations, dentals and RX pet food.

Bottom line, for me, thinking about it Right now, no one knows everything, or most things. No one really knows what happens when we die (my opinion) but most religious people (think they) do.

So people can/will state their opinions as fact (me included, I'm sure) but it seems prudent to think for yourself.

Funny, I don't think of my relationship with Saber or Agnes, as Paranormal.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:15 PM

I hope I didn't wait too long. ((((((((((Hobby)))))))))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats