Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:18 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

TY for being here for me Leana.

They are sick of me on FIP page. Not being rude or anything, but they all have their own grief they are grappling with or are at the beginning and scared and such.

They want me to find peace and move on. It's not that fast or simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 09:19 PM

Here, people have a choice whether to click on a thread. No one has to read if they don't want to. There the posts pop up in people's faces.

I feel so bad I was irritated with a guy that kept posting about his grief over and over on there.

Now I've been doing the same thing.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:51 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
Actually, once I posted that Alfredo didn't have FIP, but I still tried to post condolences, I was "blocked" or whatever it's called. So, yeah, they can be abrupt and internally focused.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:35 PM

What do you think Hobby thinks about my failure on her last night? To properly pay attention to her and maybe help her?

Old 12-18-2014, 10:42 PM

Maybe you Should start an FIP specific thread, in this forum, and include links to your posts in this thread , for the next person dealing with the fear and guilt this disease causes.

Your welcome to keep posting here, but your experience will be inaccessible to a person looking for help dealing with the heartbreak of FIP.

I had to have Saber PTS when I did because he was having difficulty breathing. Because of her wheezing, especially with FIP, you Absolutely had to have her PTS when you did.

I do feel I need to [gently] make you aware of something, very important.

You have to be kind to Nicki, she is grieving too. Also,[obviously] it's not her fault that she is alive and Hobby was the one that got FIP. So please be aware, so you don't have regrets later.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
Maybe you Should start an FIP specific thread, in this forum, and include links to your posts in this thread , for the next person dealing with the fear and guilt this disease causes.

Your welcome to keep posting here, but your experience will be inaccessible to a person looking for help dealing with the heartbreak of FIP.

I had to have Saber PTS when I did because he was having difficulty breathing. Because of her wheezing, especially with FIP, you Absolutely had to have her PTS when you did.

I do feel I need to [gently] make you aware of something, very important.

You have to be kind to Nicki, she is grieving too. Also,[obviously] it's not her fault that she is alive and Hobby was the one that got FIP. So please be aware, so you don't have regrets later.
I appreciate that, but I don't think she is. I think she is happy to be only cat again.

But she is trying to get my attention.

She brings me things. (so cute).

I think she resented all the extra attention paid to Hobby, though I quickly stopped giving only Hobby special foods and treats.

I let them share.

She hissed at Hobby when I brought her home from hospital. Another sign, to me, that Hobby was dying. Nicki didn't hiss at her when she was sick with ear infection.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
What do you think Hobby thinks about my failure on her last night? To properly pay attention to her and maybe help her?
Jen, seriously, between you and me, I think you should "ask" her. If I thought, even for one second, that Hobby was Anything but grateful, or had any feeling other than love for you, I wouldn't bring this up again.

It's not like we have any "training" on how to deal with death, especially when we have to facilitate it. You handled your grief the only way you were capable of, and you weren't selfish, you didn't ignore her need to be released, so that you could have more time with her (while she would have been suffering)

Old 12-18-2014, 10:52 PM

Hobby gave a gift to Nicki. Nicki was feral and even with me, was scared to sleep next to me. Now she does. Because she saw Hobby do it.

She grooms me, lol. I think that's a sign of love or something. Poor Nicki was going to be PTS at shelter for being 'too shy'.

I saw her photo, covering her face with her paw, and said oh hell no, I've got to save that cat.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Hobby gave a gift to Nicki. Nicki was feral and even with me, was scared to sleep next to me. Now she does. Because she saw Hobby do it.

She grooms me, lol. I think that's a sign of love or something. Poor Nicki was going to be PTS at shelter for being 'too shy'.

I saw her photo, covering her face with her paw, and said oh hell no, I've got to save that cat.
Sweet

Old 12-18-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
Jen, seriously, between you and me, I think you should "ask" her. If I thought, even for one second, that Hobby was Anything but grateful, or had any feeling other than love for you, I wouldn't bring this up again.

It's not like we have any "training" on how to deal with death, especially when we have to facilitate it. You handled your grief the only way you were capable of, and you weren't selfish, you didn't ignore her need to be released, so that you could have more time with her (while she would have been suffering)
ok. Is this gift is not a hardship on you, I will gratefully accept it. But if it is, I don't want to.

I was unintentioanlly selfish. I started dealing with MY feelings when I could see I had to make this choice instead of HERS. She was the one feeling so bad and dying. It's so messed up. The most unselfish perfect little being, even in sickness, and I didn't return the favor.

This cat got off her death bed to walk to patio door to tell me Nicki wanted in.

And she tried to follow me around as normal. I did ok the first night home when I thought still she would make it.

But the next night, when she needed me the most, I checked out mentally. It was so unfair and horrid.

I don't even know how to ask her about that or convey to her that it wasn't that I didn't care or she wasn't worth it. She was worth everything. She deserved better. She was sheer perfection and SO selfless. All the time.

Last edited by jencam; 12-18-2014 at 11:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats