Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 11:22 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Oh, my gosh! The vet just called. She said, "Allie looks AMAZING this morning!" Both of the vets who had treated her figured that there was about a 12%-15% chance that their last ditch treatment option was going to make much of a difference. They all put told me that I needed to prepare myself to say goodbye to her today. Instead, I'm bringing her home! She's alert, eating, and anxious to get out of the kennel she's in. The gave her a fast-acting steroid that they said wears off in a few days. Well, it obviously worked. She's also been on IV antibiotics for her UTI. They're going to give her a shot of a long-lasting (i.e. probably 3-5 weeks) steroid and a shot of a strong antibiotic since she won't be able to have it by IV any more. I am overjoyed.
This is such fantastic news! I'm doing a happy dance for you here in New Hampshire (should grab one of my kitties and dance with them!).

Quote:
On a side note... I typically do not post things of this nature on this forum, but I'm going to make an exception today. I have been praying non-stop for her recovery (or at least for more time for her to be able to enjoy life a little bit) for the past two days. I believe -- and I hope I don't offend anybody by saying this -- that I received an answer to my prayers, a miracle for a precious cat who needed one. I certainly didn't expect this outcome.
Oh Katzpur, I am pretty much an atheist but I don't see how ANYONE could take offense at this as it is so heartfelt and sincere, and you have shown over and over again on these forums what a kind soul you are.

I think Allie's recover is just about the best Christmas gift EVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 12:18 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Back in the day I lived in the country on 12 acres. We had 4 house cats and always a stray or two. One day, a Thursday, out of the blue, I almost tripped over a cat in my garage that I had never seen. She was just lying there, I could tell she was sick. I got her onto the porch in the garage (off of the cold concrete, we had that fake grass on the concrete porch/long step) and into a box that we kept lined with a warm blanket and a heating pad under it. She never moved. Had husband take her to the vet on Saturday, turns out she had Feline Leukemia. Had to make that decision to put her to sleep. I cried, as I loved her just for those 2 days we had her. She was a striped Tabby just like our male, Rascal, so I named her Rachel. She came home and was buried on our property with the other pets, strays, and other family members pets that were loved.
That is one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard!

Quote:
So yes, I truly believe she knows that she is/was greatly loved. Sounds like she could make a recovery, but don't be fooled. Quality of life is how we must determine our decision. If you make "the" decision, just remember, it is the "ultimate act of love". We cannot allow our beloved pets to suffer just to prolong our grief. You can have peace knowing that you gave her love, peace and comfort during the last days of her life.
I know exactly what you mean. I promise, all that matters is Allie's comfort and happiness. Once she can no longer enjoy her life, I'll walk her all the way to the rainbow bridge and say goodbye, knowing that I did the right thing.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:37 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
If this were my cat I'd not be concerned at all about the cat not eating for a day or the fever. Fevers are part of the natural immune functions of mammals to burn away toxic matter and viruses. Stopping them does NOT help. By stopping eating, the cat knew it was time to let ALL the energy in her body to go towards healing. Digesting food takes up to 80 percent of the body's energy to do and food provides ZERO benefit until it is fully digested and converted into energy for the body's cells.

Everyone has heard of people healing after fasting. Well animals including cats are NO DIFFERENT. They know when they need to fast.

We have to begin to face reality and realize, conventional medicine is very limited in ways it can help us. Breaking a fever and force feeding a cat who has just gone a single day without food is not helping.

The medical world can help with diagnoses and it can help in acute trauma situations like stabilizing a patient after an accident or putting them back together. But when it comes to having a clue about wellness or reversing chronic or degenerative conditions, they are sorely lacking.

I would make a chicken or beef broth made with carrots celery lots of parsley which is fantastic for urinary problems; strain it all and offer the cat as much of the broth that as she wanted.If she doesn't want it, don't force her to eat it. After 20 mins or so if she doesn't want it, take it up and try again in another 4 hours.

Additionally every hour or two (in addition to a teaspoon or two over her food if she starts eating) I would be constantly giving the cat herbs in the form of an herbal tea to soothe and heal the urinary tract, kidneys and digestive tract and it goes without saying I would upgrade the food to a quality canned food if not frozen raw with a view to switching over to a proper balanced home prepared raw food and bones diet. I would but a couple CCs of this in a syringe and squirt it into her cheek.

I have been able to heal cats from a lot of different things using these methods. They work because Nature heals all ills.

Lastly NOBODY should get freaked out over a diagnosis of Cancer. The medical establishment wants to keep everyone in fear about it so they will spend boatloads of money and rush into the horrid treatment that only makes the animal or person sicker.

If the truth be told, all Cancer is, is damaged cells as a result of a clogged immune/lymphatic system where wastes have become so acidic, they have burned through tissue and damaged a part of the body. The way to get rid of it is to alkalize the body enough to break down the tumor so it will flush out of the body in the urine. Herbs and the proper diet and regenerate the tissue.

What NOT to do is to keep eating the same way you or the animal did before the diagnosis and to allow the vet to frighten you into their invasive treatments.

If you want links about this, I'd be happy to provide them.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:38 PM

457 posts, read 497,358 times
That is fantastic news. I am so happy for you.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Oh, my gosh! The vet just called. She said, "Allie looks AMAZING this morning!" Both of the vets who had treated her figured that there was about a 12%-15% chance that their last ditch treatment option was going to make much of a difference. They all put told me that I needed to prepare myself to say goodbye to her today. Instead, I'm bringing her home! She's alert, eating, and anxious to get out of the kennel she's in. The gave her a fast-acting steroid that they said wears off in a few days. Well, it obviously worked. She's also been on IV antibiotics for her UTI. They're going to give her a shot of a long-lasting (i.e. probably 3-5 weeks) steroid and a shot of a strong antibiotic since she won't be able to have it by IV any more. I am overjoyed.

On a side note... I typically do not post things of this nature on this forum, but I'm going to make an exception today. I have been praying non-stop for her recovery (or at least for more time for her to be able to enjoy life a little bit) for the past two days. I believe -- and I hope I don't offend anybody by saying this -- that I received an answer to my prayers, a miracle for a precious cat who needed one. I certainly didn't expect this outcome.
Wonderful news that Allie's improving. Hopefully her condition isn't as serious as they thought. I can well imagine how relieved you must feel now.
And it really doesn't matter where the 'help' comes from, Allie's recovery is really the important thing. I'm not a religious person, but I don't discount the power of prayer from those that do believe.
Hope she continues to get better.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:06 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:

This is wonderful news!

For whatever it's worth, I do believe that miracles happen. They just don't happen all the time, at least in ways that we can see. That's what makes them miracles. Right?

Hugs to you and Allie.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:01 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,383,038 times
Quote:
Lastly NOBODY should get freaked out over a diagnosis of Cancer. The medical establishment wants to keep everyone in fear about it so they will spend boatloads of money and rush into the horrid treatment that only makes the animal or person sicker.

If the truth be told, all Cancer is, is damaged cells as a result of a clogged immune/lymphatic system where wastes have become so acidic, they have burned through tissue and damaged a part of the body. The way to get rid of it is to alkalize the body enough to break down the tumor so it will flush out of the body in the urine. Herbs and the proper diet and regenerate the tissue.
Sorry, as someone who has been through cancer, I have to respond to this. While I do agree that regulating the diet can help, no one can say that cancer is easily cured through promoting an alkaline environment, and I do not believe that doctors (human or veterinary) are attempting to keep people in fear of cancer so 'they will spend boatloads of money and rush into horrid treatment...'.

Yes, you could post an abundance of links, I'm sure...the internet abounds with conspiracy theories about cancer and the government/doctors wanting to keep people (or pets) sick...and I get so tired of hearing this. Cancer is a multi-complex issue, involving a great many factors. People deal with it the best way they can. Some go the traditional route; some go holistic; some do a combination. But to continually denigrate the medical profession over rumours and unfounded theories does nothing but confuse others, and sadly, in some cases, cause them to not opt for treatments that could potentially be life-saving. btw, I'm not saying that an alkaline diet shouldn't be done; I'm simply saying that in promoting this as the be-all and end-all to ridding one's body of cancer is simply wrong.

On topic: OP, your news about your kitty is just wonderful! May your little girl continue to thrive. My guess is that you are the best thing to ever happen to her.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:

I think your prayer worked! Great news!

One thing about the steroid shots: I have to give my cat steroid shots periodically for asthma. She recently had an attack and I took her to the vet, where they gave her a couple different steroid shots. For 2-3 weeks afterwards she was CONSTANTLY bugging me for food. Steroids can make you very hungry, so if your cat starts bugging you constantly for food, be forewarned. But in your cat's case, I suppose that beats her not eating at all!

Old 12-16-2017, 04:17 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,618,630 times
Yay for Allie and you too! I sure do hope, as everyone here in this cat family does on C-D here, want nothing but 100 yrs from our kitties. I hope my cats even outlive me -- by 1 sec, hehee.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:07 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Super happy to hear this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats