Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 07:28 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times

Advertisements

I am so glad to hear the good news. Allie will always be your elf which whiskers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 04:12 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Allie is doing better this afternoon than she was last night. I could hardly get her to eat anything yesterday after I brought her home. She's not eating super well even today, but I can see some improvement. Plus, she's up and around and seeming to be more interested in the goings on around the house. I am cautiously optimistic, but still pretty worried.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:09 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
They know.

Your kitty is blessed to have such a parent. I'm sorry we didn't bring Bizzie home to die, she had kidney disease and was dropping fast and we had the vet end it.
It depends on the ailment, but kidney is supposedly relatively pain free and they just slow down and then die.
I wish she'd been at home, warm, near us. Not in a clinic.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Allie is doing better this afternoon than she was last night. I could hardly get her to eat anything yesterday after I brought her home. She's not eating super well even today, but I can see some improvement. Plus, she's up and around and seeming to be more interested in the goings on around the house. I am cautiously optimistic, but still pretty worried.
I anxiously look forward to each update. So many really praying for you and Allie. Cyber HUGS

Old 12-17-2017, 07:39 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
She's starting to eat more! Yea!! Also, I forgot to mention, the vet said that the kind of cancer they think she has (I can't even remember what it is; I kind of tuned out when I heard the word "cancer") is "the best kind of cancer you can get if you're a cat with cancer." We see the vet again on Friday.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:12 PM

457 posts, read 497,358 times
Wonderful news!!

Old 12-18-2017, 12:24 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
Sorry, as someone who has been through cancer, I have to respond to this. While I do agree that regulating the diet can help, no one can say that cancer is easily cured through promoting an alkaline environment, and I do not believe that doctors (human or veterinary) are attempting to keep people in fear of cancer so 'they will spend boatloads of money and rush into horrid treatment...'.

Yes, you could post an abundance of links, I'm sure...the internet abounds with conspiracy theories about cancer and the government/doctors wanting to keep people (or pets) sick...and I get so tired of hearing this. Cancer is a multi-complex issue, involving a great many factors. People deal with it the best way they can. Some go the traditional route; some go holistic; some do a combination. But to continually denigrate the medical profession over rumours and unfounded theories does nothing but confuse others, and sadly, in some cases, cause them to not opt for treatments that could potentially be life-saving. btw, I'm not saying that an alkaline diet shouldn't be done; I'm simply saying that in promoting this as the be-all and end-all to ridding one's body of cancer is simply wrong.....
The invasive allopathic/conventional and totally nonsensical approach to treating cancer by making the patient sicker than the cancer does itself, via treatments that admittedly ruin the immune system isn't going to go away. It can always be used as a last resort.

People and their pets have many other safer gentler and far more effective options for reversing cancer and again it is NOT a death sentence the way the media and some so called "experts" make it out to be. It also takes years to develop before it reaches the point where a diagnosis is even made. It certainly isn't going to hurt to take some more time to methodically research those options and try them out. I would NEVER let a conventional vet frighten me and rush me into doing their drastic treatments on my cats without doing otherl protocols first.

FYI Oncologists buy chemo wholesale and mark them up $$$$ . Did you know this? People's insurance pay as much as $10k per month just for chemo drugs!!! Is this not an incentive for an oncologist to push someone into a "treatment" ? Chris Wark of "Chris beat Cancer" on YouTube has interviewed former oncology nurses who attested to this.

As far as "conspiracy theories" go. Did you know the CIA coined the phrase to use against people who didn't believe the mainstream narrative about JFK's assassination? Besides, there are too many facts about real conspiracies to bother with theories.

Last edited by emilybh; 12-18-2017 at 12:37 AM..

Old 12-18-2017, 05:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
She's starting to eat more! Yea!! Also, I forgot to mention, the vet said that the kind of cancer they think she has (I can't even remember what it is; I kind of tuned out when I heard the word "cancer") is "the best kind of cancer you can get if you're a cat with cancer." We see the vet again on Friday.

That sounds so encouraging. Really hope this situation continues to improve for you both. Keep us posted on what happens on Friday.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:28 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,925,922 times
Coming into this a little late, but wanted to offer my best wishes and thoughts.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Temptations are as species-appropriate as kibble. Purebites are better - only ingredient is freeze-dried meat.
Going through similar to the op. OMG just looked at ingredients on ours!
Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Corn, Animal Fat Rice, Dried Meat by-Products, Wheat Flour, Natural Flavors, Corn Gluten Meal, Malted Barley, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Salt, I
These have to be the most popular cat treat
Never heard of purebites, never saw them in a store before.
Cats being meat eaters makes sense, so why no "appropriate' food for them unless I cut up a chicken myself? (<--not directed at you, op, or person I quoted.) Brother stationed overseas, was going to keep his cat, but now I don't think so after reading up! He's better off in a zoo or Emeril Lagassi planning his diet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats