Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 04:15 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Sorry Katzpur...but you could still get a "better" diagnosis.
Two vets gave this the same diagnosis, and both told me that I could have them do a $400 ultrasound, which would probably give me a quicker answer but not change the outcome or give her any more quality time. And it's definitely not just about "time." It's about quality time. So today, she's acting healthy and happy, and I'm thrilled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 11:44 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You and Allie are in my prayers this Christmas.

Do not give up hope. These little guys can surprise us sometimes, and sometimes vets are wrong.

I had a dog who started throwing up everything - food, water, you name it - about nine years ago. The vet looked at him, x-rayed, and all of that, and told me that he had a basically inoperable mass or blockage of some kind in his lower digestive tract. He spent a night or two at the hospital while they did all of these things. When I got the news from the vet, I went to say goodbye before having him put to sleep, and he was so perky and happy to see me that I said, no, I want to wait on that, and see if he can have a few more good days.

That dog lived for six more years, and finally went to the Bridge last December, at the age of 14.

Whatever time you have left with Allie, enjoy it to the fullest, and remember - you will see each other again.
Ugh, just realized my math was off. This happened in 2008, and I lost Foxy last year, so he lived eight more years. He was six when it happened.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You and Allie are in my prayers this Christmas.

Do not give up hope. These little guys can surprise us sometimes, and sometimes vets are wrong.

I had a dog who started throwing up everything - food, water, you name it - about nine years ago. The vet looked at him, x-rayed, and all of that, and told me that he had a basically inoperable mass or blockage of some kind in his lower digestive tract. He spent a night or two at the hospital while they did all of these things. When I got the news from the vet, I went to say goodbye before having him put to sleep, and he was so perky and happy to see me that I said, no, I want to wait on that, and see if he can have a few more good days.

That dog lived for six more years, and finally went to the Bridge last December, at the age of 14.

Whatever time you have left with Allie, enjoy it to the fullest, and remember - you will see each other again.
I just love to hear stories like this (and I just saw your update/correction). It gives me hope that maybe I won't lose Allie in the near future after all.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:59 PM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I just love to hear stories like this (and I just saw your update/correction). It gives me hope that maybe I won't lose Allie in the near future after all.
She sounds like she has been a fighter all of her life and will not give in easily. She knows you are there for her. Give her strength by believing in her.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
She sounds like she has been a fighter all of her life and will not give in easily. She knows you are there for her. Give her strength by believing in her.
Awww... Thank you!

Old 12-29-2017, 02:05 PM

I just took my dog, Friederik, in to the vet's today. While I was there, the receptionist who rescued Allie told me that she overheard my vet and the vet who was primarily responsible for her care when she was so sick talking about how much better she is now that she's on the steroids. They both are starting to think that it was IBS and not a lymphoma that was making her sick. My regular vet told me she had really thought Allie was dying when I took her in, but that her improvement has been so dramatic that they are now very hopeful that she is going to be okay after all.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:25 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

Old 12-29-2017, 03:46 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Sounds like good news!

Old 12-29-2017, 03:52 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Oh, so glad...

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I just took my dog, Friederik, in to the vet's today. While I was there, the receptionist who rescued Allie told me that she overheard my vet and the vet who was primarily responsible for her care when she was so sick talking about how much better she is now that she's on the steroids. They both are starting to think that it was IBS and not a lymphoma that was making her sick. My regular vet told me she had really thought Allie was dying when I took her in, but that her improvement has been so dramatic that they are now very hopeful that she is going to be okay after all.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:10 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
Great news!
And a wonderful gift for the holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats