Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:25 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,966,617 times

Advertisements

Mac your spelling doesn't hold a candle to a guy I met on a board. He goes by the name of Veen & most of the time I don't even think he knows what he's trying to say. He's on FB & he got a bit miffed with me as he'd launched into a tirade about the ladies & I asked him if his BF was giving him a reach around. He didn't like that but rather than make a nice comeback he de-friended me. I've got to say I got the better part of that encounter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 03:25 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Barkingowl, I try to spell my way and the real way, but I get mixed up fingers not being trained to type a bit. I hunt and peck only and often hit 2 keys are the same time. Compound that with dyslexia and i am a doomed man for speeling accurately. For most of my life the botton of a car just didn't care. Before that i was beaten as a child by teachers because i am lefty. Back then the idea was to make everyone uniformly right handed.

That did cause a few interesting discussions to take place in elementry schools as my son is also lefty, but he is all lefty. One the other hand LOL I like the semi ambidexterouse I have become for it, so the beatings had a use. Now I wish i had 3 hands.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Barkingowl, I try to spell my way and the real way, but I get mixed up fingers not being trained to type a bit. I hunt and peck only and often hit 2 keys are the same time. Compound that with dyslexia and i am a doomed man for speeling accurately. For most of my life the botton of a car just didn't care. Before that i was beaten as a child by teachers because i am lefty. Back then the idea was to make everyone uniformly right handed.

That did cause a few interesting discussions to take place in elementry schools as my son is also lefty, but he is all lefty. One the other hand LOL I like the semi ambidexterouse I have become for it, so the beatings had a use. Now I wish i had 3 hands.

I don't care how badly you spell, any man who can shoot like you is my kind of neighbor

Yep, you, BarkingOwl and ole Larry - that's the neighborhood I want to live in!!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Don't know how to respond to the last. I am not quick on the trigger, just accurate, once I decide it's time to be. I have only been there once so far. I have the right head set or mind set I suppose.

For say someone like my wife who shoots more accurately than me, her head wouldn't be in the same place as mine. Her upbringing was more relaxed, and so she would spend more time trying to reason what can't be reasoned.

My childs days were a mess of violence, and so I react differently, and sort out what is a threat from what is not, in the lethal way, and I do it quickly. Given the chance to walk I will, not given any chance at all, and i become dangerous to wanna be thugs.

Even at age 6 I knew that what my goal was when my mother and little brother were being beaten, it wasn't lethal intent, it was just total controll by her drunk boy friends. When I harmed them to the point of going to the hospital my whole intent was to Stop, and put a end to the violence using violence myself. At age 6 I couldn't exactly deck a grown man and lay him out cold. So I use tools I had. My bow and arrows set my grandmother gave me, toy air planes like hatchets, and what ever else I had access too.

I never once in my life have actted the part of a predator or aggressor, never, not once.

In my first marriage which was a 10 year living hell, I would walk away from my now x wife anythime she started to argue. I could feel my temper flair, and knew to walk away. Near the end of that situation after her openly dating other guys for 3 years, while my aim was to see my son be well, she refused to let me walk away one time. I did walk, but she threw a 14 inch cast iron fry pan at my head. Somehow with my back turned I knew this, but i still don't know how. I placed my elbow between that pan and my head. I still bear the scar from the impact this day.

At that point in the pain, I turned on her, and grabbed her by the shirt, and placed her on her back on the kitchen floor, and then looked her in the eye and told never again will you do this violence and get away with it. I called the cops, and they took me.

I didn't hit her, I didnt hurt her. I just placed her down on the floor and trapped her to stop her. No pain, no retailiation, just a dead calm stop, because I knew if i went nutso I would have killed her.

Being armed these days i don't even have that option. If i go to fisticuffs with some agressor, and am found armed, the cops will ruin my life.

I am a firm believer in A Gun Society is a Polite Society.

The entire goal as I see it is to stop violence from happening, and since man is still a primitive creature it sometimes takes violence to accomplish that, and sometimes somebody dies in the stop, but there should be no intent to kill in a stop.

It isn't my fault, man is as primitive as he is, and that war, and power, drive man to weapons, and greed. All of these add up to controll.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 745 times
Terrell Marcus Webber? I bet I know what he looks like...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte