Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:46 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
It is your prerogative to value an animal more than human life.
But those types of mentalities are what put this country in the mess it
is in now by large part.

Talk of smug? oops, probably let it fire? That is not only smug, but irresponsible and immature.
My dog is part of my family, and I will defend my family with deadly force, if necessary. I absolutely value my family and animals over some moron who wants to act like a tough guy in front of his buddy and some chicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 08:48 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yes, I had no clue why MAC said my post "bugged" him. I like Mossbergs and feel I can handle mine more easily than other shotguns and deer rifles I have used in the past.

Why that sent MAC off on a rant about firearms and women is beyond me.

Just b/c I am female it doesn't mean I am ditzy, untrained or lack skill.
Sounded to me like Mac didn't realize you ARE a woman, lol! He sounded annoyed that someone might be slighting a woman's ability to handle a Mossberg

Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sounded to me like Mac didn't realize you ARE a woman, lol! He sounded annoyed that someone might be slighting a woman's ability to handle a Mossberg
This is what can happen when someone from another forum wanders in with the regulars and has no clue who he is posting with, lol.

He evidently has no clue how often firearms and gun ownership rights have been discussed on the Charlotte forum, it appears.

Back to Mr. Whitmore . . . it is too bad that people have to be concerned with defending their property from the thugs of this world, but I am glad there are folks like Mr. Whitmore out there who can send the message in a very appropriate way to folks who think they can steal property and get away with it.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
YOU are the one I wouldn't want for a neighbor. You're no better than the idiot thief in the story, but you sure sound a lot more smug than he does.

The feeling is mutual I am sure.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Well ladies, I know that you are ladies, and the point I intended to make is a woman in good health and average size is more than capable of choosing what might be considered a big gun and getting very handy with it.

I am not sure where the idea went off the other way.

Little Kate and she is real and petite was good for a novice first time ever shooter. My wife is a better shot that I am. So I not sure where the heat comes from.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 07-21-2010 at 09:50 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
LOL. God, I love a Mossberg. Even a woman can handle it well.

Maybe I got this wrong. But as I read it you are stating women can not handle all firearms well. Why you think that is past my abilty to reason out, and this is incorrect. As a female so long as you are in reasonable good health you can shoot any gun a man can shoot and do it well.

It 'bugged' me because it appears you think women can't use any gun a man can.

My rant as you call it is a little techy bit on some kinds of common ammo.

Now I don't know why, but women tend to not take details of ammo types into consideration any more than they do of parts that make cars go.
But any women who is inclined to do either can.

With some training you could be a class a griz hunter if you were so inclined, and would be able to use any gun any man can use.

I did read you have some training. That is a good thing. Maybe you already knew all of what I said on the lightly touched bit, my rant, but many people don't.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 07-21-2010 at 10:22 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
My dog is part of my family, and I will defend my family with deadly force, if necessary. I absolutely value my family and animals over some moron who wants to act like a tough guy in front of his buddy and some chicks.

I was reactting to a lethal threat. That dobie was sicked on 4 innocent people for no reason. I heard the commands from 50 yards away. The dog was sent to attack all of us. The dog did as was commanded.

None of us had had any personal contact with the owner before. It was not me as the aggressor, I just ended the threat.

If you or anyone sick a dog of any kind on me and or anyone I am with I will kill it dead every time. I highly doubt your family pet could be sicked on anyone for any reason, but if it can, and you use the dog for that reason it can end up dead.

I am a very rural guy. I hunted since age 6. I have farmed a long time, raised critters and ate them. I had dogs all my life, all pets, but still Great Danes are something to be delt with with swiftly when they get out of hand, and I had a few of them.

The dog i fear hasn't been born yet. I even got a job fixing cars in a shop where that owner could get help because of his guard dog. By accident parts for a car a friend of mine needed were at that shop. I removed the parts faster than the shop owner expected, and before the cash deal was all set.

To avoid that conversation I went over to the german shepard guard dog thinking it was just another family pet. I was rough housing around with it, when the shop owner called me off telling me the dog would harm me.

That was a little too late since I had been roughing around with the dog already and i just continued to play with it. That dog offered no sign of any threat to me at all.

When the shop owner came to understand I could play with his bad guard dog, and could work on foreign cars, he told me if you ever need any work come here. In time i did.

In this case that dog was chained up, and if it had bit me, then that would be my fault, not the dog or the owner.

You are being silly, You see me killing your dog, which wasn't sent to attack in your mind. I don't just wander around looking for pets to kill.

I witnessed a black lab chasing a moose in the woods and have the legal right to shoot said dogs, but I don't. I know somewhere else in the woods is the dogs master and that black labs has kids to attend. At the time i was in target practice, so fired a warning shot and yelled, not anywhere near the dog.

For all I know that saved the dogs life. A 1,200 pound Moose can kill any dog with ease. I got what i wanted the dog bolted off in another direction. I heard it's master call loudly too. I didn't go track the owner down to lecture him either.

The only way I would harm anyone's dog is if the master sicked it on me and or anyone I was with. That is where a wanna be tough guy gets it mixed up with me. You picked the wrong guy to lable a tuff guy.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
It is your prerogative to value an animal more than human life.
But those types of mentalities are what put this country in the mess it
is in now by large part.

Talk of smug? oops, probably let it fire? That is not only smug, but irresponsible and immature.

Thanks. It's ok. I see where she is coming from. I have 4 so called modern shot guns and to say let them fire is like saying these guns can think, and then act.

I have other guns so-called modern guns as well as 4 flintlocks, and 3 cap locks.

I am fairly well versed in guns and none of mine let themselves fire.

Once I had no need to be armed every day, but after a double murder of my falther in law and his as elderly 2nd wife, I no longer go anywhere un-armed ever. Not even to shower.

I have become hard core, but then I have reason. The one thing about me is i never start violence, I simple stop it asap. I am not interested in greed or power, not even controll of other people.

My interests in controll ends somewhere around horses and dogs, cats simply are uncontrollable

Why I don't even have any interest in contolling other people dogs, because it isn't any of my bee's wax.

But maybe I should. Last night my landlords dog bit him. i saw this coming over the last 4 years and remained silent. He came to me to show me the wounds. We did talk and I did show him another way to deal with the dog.

But it took his asking me first.

What do you think about this? That is a real question.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
This is what can happen when someone from another forum wanders in with the regulars and has no clue who he is posting with, lol.

He evidently has no clue how often firearms and gun ownership rights have been discussed on the Charlotte forum, it appears.
Quite true. I live in New Hampshire, and was sort of invited over here. I have only passed thru the Charlotte area once.

I am scanning all these remarks and making a feeble attempt to explain.

Doesn't look like my points are well recieved, but that happens.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Maybe I got this wrong. But as I read it you are stating women can not handle all firearms well. Why you think that is past my abilty to reason out, and this is incorrect. As a female so long as you are in reasonable good health you can shoot any gun a man can shoot and do it well.

It 'bugged' me because it appears you think women can't use any gun a man can.

My rant as you call it is a little techy bit on some kinds of common ammo.

Now I don't know why, but women tend to not take details of ammo types into consideration any more than they do of parts that make cars go.
But any women who is inclined to do either can.

With some training you could be a class a griz hunter if you were so inclined, and would be able to use any gun any man can use.
You need to give it a rest, MAC. Really. You assumed incorrectly. I have shoulder problems and I can't physically handle WITH EASE AND NO DISCOMFORT every rifle and shotgun the males in my family have, okay? That's all it meant.

You are conversing with a Southerner who started hunting with the menfolk at age 12. I don't think you mean to sound condescending, but it could be construed that way, so let's get back on topic . . . people who are properly trained with firearms can be an asset to the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte