Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times

Advertisements

Groceries are higher nationwide due to higher oil and ethanol prices
Here is a list of different sites of various food markets that carry local items

NCDA&CS General Store

Welcome to NCFarmFresh.com ~ A directory for fresh North Carolina produce and products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,410,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I can just imagine how much you must miss Wegman's!!! I've only been there a few times (I have relatives that live in the DC area) and I miss it! What a perfect grocery store. A bit pricey, but soooo worth it!
I hate grocery shopping but I used to love going to the Wegmans in Manalapan if just to look around.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,911 times
I have found Lowe's foods and HT to be the most reasonably priced. Food Lion is just out of this world on their prices and Super Walmart is okay for somethings but never meat or produce. With where they buy things, you never know where these came from. I agree groceries are expensive here but taking into consideration the utilities I was paying for as well as gas and wear and tear on my car from where I lived previously, it equals out in the long run.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:15 PM

714 posts, read 2,307,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I hate grocery shopping but I used to love going to the Wegmans in Manalapan if just to look around.
Funny story: Just this past weekend I was on a flight to Boston that stopped over in Baltimore. My seatmate on the Balt-Bost flight was a woman who has been working for Wegmans for many years in their sandwich shop. She worked near their corporate offices.

I told her repeatedly, "Please, please go back to work and tell them to build a Wegman's in Charlotte!" She was very amused.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 AM

235 posts, read 730,355 times
I just checked out Harris Teeter on this visit, I checked about a dozen items that I buy normally and the prices are just about the same as here in Brooklyn, NY in my Stop and Shop. Some items were a little less and some where a little more and some where exactly the same. One thing I did notice is that some sales are defiantly from the manufacturer, we use Kens salad dressings and here the sale is usually 1o for $10 and the same sale was in HT. I will miss my food basics which is a bring your own bags, discount place that sell just about all the same name brands I save a bundle there and I don't mind bagging and bringing my own bags when on average I save about 15-20 dollars per shopping trip.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:29 PM

25 posts, read 116,718 times
Harris Teeter may be high, but it is a clean store and you never have to go around double checking all your goods to ensure they have not expired. The meats also are wonderful cuts. I would shop at Bi-Lo and HT and found a nice balance. I would get meats at HT and other goods at Bi-Lo, then came the Wal-mart super center and if you skip going on Sunday you might enjoy those savings as well.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM

525 posts, read 1,804,882 times
Harris Teeter does double coupons everyday! And triple a few times a year up to 99 cents

Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM

476 posts, read 1,576,253 times
This is such an informative post - the only thing I am wondering is where is the best place to get meats.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 AM

525 posts, read 1,804,882 times
I only buy them at Harris Teeter or sometimes BJ's. HT will cut steaks for you and they have a decent natural selection..they also do buy one get one frees and something on sale most weeks.... example. .NY Strips will cut for you for 5.99-6.99 for black angus it is the 6.99 / lb.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
Harris Teeter does double coupons everyday! And triple a few times a year up to 99 cents

Double's are up to 99 cents. When they do triple it is up to 75 cents with a limit of 20. Bi-Lo also always does doubles up to 99 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: