Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 01:48 PM

4,647 posts, read 3,254,543 times

Advertisements

prairiestate, I have never thrown anything at anyone. I am a martial artist, and I will stand face to face with anyone. I don't stand far away and throw things. Anyone can do that!
#2: Anyone throwing something at another person would be the opposite of a fond memory anyways.
#3: Do you know me? What I do? Where I live?: I am Hispanic. And Hispanics have been the victims of prejudice in this country. So were Germans, Italians, Irish.
But let's get it together.
I am all for equality, justice, and acceptance . What happened in Grant Park did nothing to promote that.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:52 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,871 times
Fair enough. But if someone is going to make ignorant, racist comments, then people are going to assume they're an ignorant racist.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:55 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
70 more people shot this weekend, 10 fatally. Not to mention rioting, looting, and more wildings.

The lawless have the run of the town now, and they know it.
Whoops, I guess all the data wasn't in yet when I saw those numbers. Final tally is 75 and 12. The city's already at 418 homicides for the year and it's not even August yet.

Yo 1993, welcome back to Chicago! And we didn't need a crack epidemic to entice you back.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:00 PM

I invite anyone that would like to discuss any topic with me, to a mature and intellectual discussion at any outside establishment. I have a Master's Degree in Educational Psychology-Counseling. I also have 26 years working in Social Services and 26 years in Tae Kwon Do, 18 years of that as an Instructor.
I understand that in a written format, it is difficult to express emotion, words may get misunderstood, etc. I accept any invitation to address any topic.
I wish all the good city-data.commers a great day. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay happy.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:00 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
This must bring back fond memories of throwing bricks and fire bombs at black people trying to buy a home on your block decades ago.
There's a big difference between violent coordinated rioters trying to destroy property and assaulting police officers and an African-American family purchasing a home.

I have not heard anyone in this thread say that people shouldn't have the right to peacefully protest. When a group becomes violent, as happened on Friday, the police have to respond accordingly, and appropriately of course. There are investigations (as opposed to biased news articles telling one side of a story) which will show whether members of the PD overstepped. That's due process.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:06 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I invite anyone that would like to discuss any topic with me, to a mature and intellectual discussion at any outside establishment. I have a Master's Degree in Educational Psychology-Counseling. I also have 26 years working in Social Services and 26 years in Tae Kwon Do, 18 years of that as an Instructor.
I understand that in a written format, it is difficult to express emotion, words may get misunderstood, etc. I accept any invitation to address any topic.
I wish all the good city-data.commers a great day. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay happy.

I'd say you are a decent human being!

Old 07-20-2020, 02:16 PM

ChicagoMeO, thank you for the positive energy. I truly appreciate that! Have a great day. Thank you for sharing.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:20 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Beware, Chicago, the Wolf is at your Door.
Never mind "at your door." The Wolf is already in City Hall, including in the Mayor's Office, holding the door open for the entire pack to come rushing in. And THAT'S why I'm as pessimistic as I am for the near-term future of this city, and frankly for the country. We already have the mayor of Portland and the governor of Oregon taking it to the next step, basically declaring their city and state off-limits to federal authorities beyond the walls of their building. That's about as close a declaration of secession as you can make without coming right out and declaring it.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:37 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
There's a big difference between violent coordinated rioters trying to destroy property and assaulting police officers and an African-American family purchasing a home.
A major difference being one took place 50-60+ years ago and the other last weekend.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:39 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
A major difference being one took place 50-60+ years ago and the other last weekend.
I have liberal friends who bring up the same crap about 50/60/70 years ago...none of these criminal thugs were born then, none of them could care less about history, its all about burning and destroying, and taking things that dont belong to them, and destroying anything that THEY dont agree with..

you cant argue with stupidity, so I dont bother anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago