Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Salvation is only Through the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is only found in the Bible.
Don't forget the HS!

(That's a hint for another post, too. )

Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Great verses!! Indeed, if there's one thing that the natural man cannot stand, it's Christ IN man! Put God anywhere, keep Him at a distance, and do whatever kinds of worship you like... but woe to the natural man to learn that God must arise IN him!
Christ in you, the hope of glory. THIS is the mystery hid from ages past, revealed in these last times for us.
God is Love. God is Mercy. God is Righteousness. The Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Yet many Christians will not look within themselves! And all they see is darkness, and how great is that darkness!
But when the LIGHT arises IN you, you will have the Witness IN you. God must reveal His SON IN ALL of us!

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 09-09-2010, 04:15 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ . . . (good news of the Truth, the Way and the Life) . . . is ONLY found in Jesus Christ the LIVING Word of God! . . . through His Holy Spirit . . . (thanks for the reminder herefornow).

This is correct, the bible is the word of God, but I do not need to confess the bible as Lord or worship it in any form or way.

I only know the english language, I understood what I read in the bible about True Love long before I could ever read it.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
This is correct, the bible is the word of God, but I do not need to confess the bible as Lord or worship it in any form or way.

I only know the english language, I understood what I read in the bible about True Love long before I could ever read it.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:16 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Salvation is only Through the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is only found in the Bible.
That's right twin. The message of the Gospel comes to us by way of the Bible. The written word of God. God's completed message to man. It is through the written word that information concerning the Living Word who is Jesus Christ is made known to man.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That's right twin. The message of the Gospel comes to us by way of the Bible. The written word of God. God's completed message to man. It is through the written word that information concerning the Living Word who is Jesus Christ is made known to man.
Purified seven times.
Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Our present 66 books of the canon bible have been altered much by "doctrine of men". Isaiah 29:11-14

Peace!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 PM

595 posts, read 761,676 times
John 5: 39You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

I am only speaking for myself-God sent someone to tell me the Gospel of Christ-I did not believe in the beginning. Literally thought the person was joking. And I laughed. I remember this like yesterday. Three days the Spirit worked on my mind and heart.

Simple deduction for me-any story that was 2000 years old and still the same, had to be true. (Of course I know now Jesus is not just a story)

Even though Jesus was preached to me, I did not know Him and did not know to pray to Him or in His name. (Did not understand)

My prayer..God, give me the desire to know who you are.
In that moment God gave me what He desired, Him. I picked up a bible and never stopped reading and met Jesus, He captured by heart.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 09-09-2010, 10:23 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Purified seven times.
Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Our present 66 books of the canon bible have been altered much by "doctrine of men". Isaiah 29:11-14

Peace!
No, the Bible has not been altered by the doctrine of men. The passage you use to make that claim, Isaiah 29:11-14, has nothing to do with the Scriptures being altered. Rather, the passage concerns views, which instead of having been derived from the Scriptures, were drawn from the doctrines of mankind. It is a reference to traditions of men as opposed to the Bible. Jesus referred back to Isaiah 29:11-14 in Matthew 15:3-9 when He addressed the Pharisees and scribes. ''And He answered and said to them ''And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4] For God said, ''Honor your father and mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him be put to death.' 5] ''But you say, 'Whoever shall say to his father or mother, ''Anything of mine you might have been helped by has been given to God,'' 6] he is not to honor his father or his mother.' And thus you have invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7] ''You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophecy of you, saying, 8] This people honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far away from Me. 9] But in vain do they worship Me , teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.' ''

The Isaiah passage is not about the Scriptures being altered. It is about the Scriptures being ignored in favor of the traditions of men.

And notice that Jesus calls the Old Testament Scriptures 'THE WORD OF GOD.'

The Bible is the inerrant word of God in the original lanquages. And though we have some bad translations and paraphrased works being passed off as Bibles, we also have some very good translations which remain true to the original languages, such as the New American Standard Bible.

God who has attached such importance to His written word, has insured that His word has been preserved down through history.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Yes, the written word is God's word...

Deuteronomy 28:58
If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the LORD your God-

2 Kings 22:13
"Go and inquire of the LORD for me and for the people and for all Judah about what is written in this book that has been found. Great is the LORD's anger that burns against us because our fathers have not obeyed the words of this book; they have not acted in accordance with all that is written there concerning us."

Nehemiah 8:14-16
They found written in the Law, which the LORD had commanded through Moses, ...and that they should proclaim this word and spread it throughout their towns and in Jerusalem: ...as it is written.

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

Acts 15:15
The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written ...

Revelation 1:3
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
No, the Bible has not been altered by the doctrine of men. The passage you use to make that claim, Isaiah 29:11-14, has nothing to do with the Scriptures being altered. Rather, the passage concerns views, which instead of having been derived from the Scriptures, were drawn from the doctrines of mankind. It is a reference to traditions of men as opposed to the Bible. Jesus referred back to Isaiah 29:11-14 in Matthew 15:3-9 when He addressed the Pharisees and scribes. ''And He answered and said to them ''And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4] For God said, ''Honor your father and mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him be put to death.' 5] ''But you say, 'Whoever shall say to his father or mother, ''Anything of mine you might have been helped by has been given to God,'' 6] he is not to honor his father or his mother.' And thus you have invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7] ''You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophecy of you, saying, 8] This people honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far away from Me. 9] But in vain do they worship Me , teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.' ''

The Isaiah passage is not about the Scriptures being altered. It is about the Scriptures being ignored in favor of the traditions of men.

And notice that Jesus calls the Old Testament Scriptures 'THE WORD OF GOD.'

The Bible is the inerrant word of God in the original lanquages. And though we have some bad translations and paraphrased works being passed off as Bibles, we also have some very good translations which remain true to the original languages, such as the New American Standard Bible.

God who has attached such importance to His written word, has insured that His word has been preserved down through history.
Quote:
Yes, the written word is God's word...

Deuteronomy 28:58
If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the LORD your God-

2 Kings 22:13
"Go and inquire of the LORD for me and for the people and for all Judah about what is written in this book that has been found. Great is the LORD's anger that burns against us because our fathers have not obeyed the words of this book; they have not acted in accordance with all that is written there concerning us."

Nehemiah 8:14-16
They found written in the Law, which the LORD had commanded through Moses, ...and that they should proclaim this word and spread it throughout their towns and in Jerusalem: ...as it is written.

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

Acts 15:15
The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written ...

Revelation 1:3
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
Don't forget this gem!

Pslam 137:9. Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them against a rock.

(how do we discern what is the WORD??>>>>>>>> The Spirit: Love, joy, peace, patience, meekness.......)

And a thank you goes to pneuma who, in another post, informed us all that Paul turned to the SPIRIT DESPITE the Old Testament, when the veil was ripped off and he could SEE with his spiritual eyes who God really was.

Last edited by herefornow; 09-10-2010 at 12:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity