Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 01:52 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times

Advertisements

SALVATION OUT OF THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH

Here is a snippet from L. Ray Smith's exposition
A Scriptural Journey Through the Lake Burning with Fire and Brimstone, Which is the SECOND DEATH

"God’s all consuming SPIRITUAL FIRE will consume and burn up all the impurities in our life. These things MUST DIE.
And whether the person God subjects to His consuming fire has many good qualities or none, the person himself shall be purged, BY GOD’S ALL-CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!"
L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - part 2
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - Part 3
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire part 4

Here is a snippet from J. Preston Eby's
THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH

"To quote the timely words of Ray Prinzing once more: "Now - while we see the victory of the ultimate, a complete triumph over death, first death, second death, ALL DEATH to ultimately be brought to an end."
The Lake of Fire: The Prodigal Son; God Gains Attention;The Lake Of Fire;The Second Death;Not Hurt Of The Second Death;Tormented In The Presence Of The Lamb

Here is a snippet from James' Coram's
EONIAN FIRE AND JUDGING

"God disciplines those of whom He is fond (Heb.12:7-11; Rev.3:19), and He is fond of humanity (Titus 3:4). We can be sure that God will be doing all things well, exercising judgment founded upon His love."
biblical studies: Eonian Fire and Judging

Old 12-18-2010, 01:56 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
What I am not willing to do, is call Jesus Christ a liar. And when Jesus tells us that not everyone who says to Him, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. I believe Him. It appears to me, you do not. I'm not interested in your pet doctrines or beliefs. I only believe what Jesus Christ tells me in His word. It appears to me you think you have more knowledge then Christ, and His words appear to have little importance to you. And that is why you ignore Him, and His sayings.
"appears" is a good word. And I'm glad you used it. Because we at least see that there is room for clarification here.

peace,
sparrow

Old 12-18-2010, 02:05 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
You left out the last part of the verse.
"But he that doeth the will of my Father." Matt. 7:21

Sooner or later, with or without experiencing the lake of fire which is the second death, EVRYONE will be doing the will of God.
There is absolutely no support for such a belief in the Scripture. Scripture tells us it is appointed to man once to be born and then the judgement. The Bible does not speak of some kind of work release program after that. That is something that comes right out of your own imagination. When Jesus tells us that the only ones that will enter God's kingdom are those who do the will of His father. At no time does he say not to worry, everyone one will be doing God's will in the end anyway. That would be a total lie. And without question, it falls in the category of doctrines of devils.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven. (ONLY THOSE WHO DO WHAT MY FATHER IN HEAVEN WANTS WILL ENTER.)

Christ tells you in verse 21 that not everone will enter the kingdom of heaven. Anything you add to that, would be a total lie.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:42 PM

Lightbulb What god's judgment will achieve

Quote:
There is absolutely no support for such a belief in the Scripture.
The idea that one can find salvation only during this life time is an unscriptural myth.
After death comes the judgment, yes, but that judgment will result in kolasis aionion which means age-during corrective chastisement for those who need it.
Chapter Eleven

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46
"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis, which was not originally an ethical word at all. It originally meant the pruning of trees to make them grow better. There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment. It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure."

Kolasis aionion doesn't save. Only Jesus saves. But it will condition the rebellious sinner to sooner or later reach out for the salvation that Jesus has provided by having them temporarily experience the consequences of their rebellion.

Unlike humans with their so very limited desire and ability to actually "reform" criminals in a reformatory, God, the "Judge," has no limit to the scope of both His DESIRE (born of the fact that He IS love personified not just loving), and His ABILITY to actually achieve reformation in the heart of the sinner because of what Christ accomplished for all by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of His cross.

God the "Judge," has the desire, the ability, and the determination, to sooner or later, successfully save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, INCLUDING THEIR STUBBORN WILL.
This is the kind of God that we universal transformationists see in a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible.
WHAT GOD'S JUDGMENT WILL ACHIEVE - A.P. Adams
judgment.html

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-18-2010 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-18-2010, 02:58 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
How does the scripture define prophet?
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
What I am not willing to do, is call Jesus Christ a liar. And when Jesus tells us that not everyone who says to Him, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. I believe Him. It appears to me, you do not. I'm not interested in your pet doctrines or beliefs. I only believe what Jesus Christ tells me in His word. It appears to me you think you have more knowledge then Christ, and His words appear to have little importance to you. And that is why you ignore Him, and His sayings.

What's apparent, is how you see yourself.
And that is one who will not enter the Kingdom within this life.

"For the grace of God has appeared; bringing salvation to ALL MEN."

Death and the thoughts of an underworld are cast out, as they are thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:04 PM

Post Every tongue will confess that jesus is lord

Quote:
Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven. (ONLY THOSE WHO DO WHAT MY FATHER IN HEAVEN WANTS WILL ENTER.)

Christ tells you in verse 21 that not everone will enter the kingdom of heaven. Anything you add to that, would be a total lie.
No, it doesn't say that not everyone will enter the kingdom of heaven.
It says that not everyone who says to Jesus, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.

But sooner or later Jesus will genuinely become Lord in everyone's life.

Every knee bowing in the Name of Jesus (Phil 2:9; Is 45:23)
“in” is the literal Greek translation. (See Young’s Literal Translation),
and every tongue acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord.

And we know that anyone who acclaims that Jesus Christ is Lord,
especially when it is to God's glory without any hypocrisy is saved for 1Corinthians 12:3 says so.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:12 PM

Post TESTIMONY OF J. PRESTON EBY (short video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
So what did J. Preston Eby speak that didn't come to pass?
He preaches UR, but that is yet to come to pass.

Anyway, I don't think he considers himself a prophet.
I've been reading the Bible studies that he sends out for many years and never got the idea that he thinks he is a prophet.

TESTIMONY OF J. PRESTON EBY (short video)
J Preston Eby's Testimony on how he came to believe in the Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ

Old 12-18-2010, 03:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
The idea that one can find salvation only during this life time is an unscriptural myth.
After death comes the judgment, yes, but that judgment will result in kolasis aionion which means age-during corrective chastisement for those who need it.
Chapter Eleven

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46
"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis, which was not originally an ethical word at all. It originally meant the pruning of trees to make them grow better. There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment. It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure."

Kolasis aionion doesn't save. Only Jesus saves. But it will condition the rebellious sinner to sooner or later reach out for the salvation that Jesus has provided by having them temporarily experience the consequences of their rebellion.

Unlike humans with their so very limited desire and ability to actually "reform" criminals in a reformatory, God, the "Judge," has no limit to the scope of both His DESIRE (born of the fact that He IS love personified not just loving), and His ABILITY to actually achieve reformation in the heart of the sinner because of what Christ accomplished for all by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of His cross.

God the "Judge," has the desire, the ability, and the determination, to sooner or later, successfully save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, INCLUDING THEIR STUBBORN WILL.
This is the kind of God that we universal transformationists see in a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible.
WHAT GOD'S JUDGMENT WILL ACHIEVE - A.P. Adams
judgment.html

Look, your trying to rationalize Jesus words away. What part of not everyone that calls me Lord, Lord, will enter the Kingdom of God do you not understand? If what you were saying was true. Then Jesus Christ would be a liar, which He is not. The Son of God is telling you that not everyone is going to heaven, and now you want to quote me William Barclay. You need to take your eyes off human opinions, and start listening to what the God of the ages is telling you. Jesus tells you that not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven. PERIOD. And the only one's who will enter heaven are the one's who do the will of His father. PERIOD. There is no sooner or later. And that is why Jesus tells the non believers. "GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU WHO DO EVIL!" And at know time do we hear Jesus saying. "Ok all you evil doers, I will be seeing you guys at the big party next year." Hope you don't mind your short stay in the furnace of fire. This kind of belief is purly born out of nonsense.

Last edited by Campbell34; 12-18-2010 at 03:45 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 PM

Post Every tongue acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord

Quote:
What part of not every one that calls me Lord, Lord, will enter the Kingdom of God do you not understand?
The Son of God is not telling me that not everyone is going to heaven.
Intead He is telling me that some will temporarily pretend that He is their Lord.

But sooner or later Jesus will genuinely become Lord in everyone's life.

Every knee bowing in the Name of Jesus (Phil 2:9; Is 45:23)
“in” is the literal Greek translation. (See Young’s Literal Translation),
and every tongue acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord.

And we know that anyone who acclaims that Jesus Christ is Lord,
especially when it is to God's glory without any hypocrisy is saved for 1Corinthians 12:3 says so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity