Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 04:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The scriptures teach that God is the savior of all people, not only of those that are believing.
"The Saviour" means he is the only saviour in existence, but the Bible is crystal clear that only those who believe in Him will have eternal life, and others will perish.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
But yesterday you went to great lengths to prove that it is not God's desire that people obey these commands to love one another. Kind of makes you wonder why he gave the command in the first place

Quote:
According to traditional fundamental orthodox Christianity, God is so kind to the wicked and ungrateful that he tortures them for ever ...
According to UR God is so kind that He will torture the wicked only for a couple of million years.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
ET suffering is forever and blasphemes the character of God!!!
Good bye Roger. I pray that one day God will give you peace, joy and love.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Exclamation Fulness of peace, joy and love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good bye Rodger. I pray that one day God will give you peace, joy and love.
Hello Finn. I can't imagine that I could possibly have more peace, joy, and love, having come to know the real Jesus as He really is!!!

KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Old 12-20-2010, 05:19 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
"The Saviour" means he is the only saviour in existence, but the Bible is crystal clear that only those who believe in Him will have eternal life, and others will perish.
The Greek scriptures do not mention eternal life, they do mention the life of the age, or "Aionios Zoe" ...

And your saying that Jesus is the only savior does not discount the fact that the scriptures say that God is the Saviour of all people.

Only extremely confused and or otherwise brainwashed people would claim that God is the savior of people whom he has never and will never save. That is a self contradicting statement, an oxymoron, and the best proof that your teachings make no sense, or are nonsense.

Its like saying evil is good and good is evil, or light is dark and dark is light, or white is black and black is white.

If God does not save someone, then he is not their savior, period.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
But yesterday you went to great lengths to prove that it is not God's desire that people obey these commands to love one another. Kind of makes you wonder why he gave the command in the first place
Doesn't make me wonder at all. Its just like how he knew that everyone who would ever exist(Christ excepted) would break the law which he gave, but that did not stop him from giving it.

The problem is you are unable to even comprehend the reasons why God does the things he does because you are still carnally minded. And though we are all still somewhat carnally minded, some of us are obviously more so than others.

Quote:
According to UR God is so kind that He will torture the wicked only for a couple of million years.
According to UR, God does not torture anyone at all, though he does correct them by chastising them ... God chastises all those whom he loves, and that means everyone, even you ... Does God torture you? When you chastise and discipline your children, are you torturing them(that is to say if you have children)? Or when your parents chastised/disciplined you, were they torturing you?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Only extremely confused and or otherwise brainwashed people would claim that God is the savior of people whom he has never and will never save. That is a self contradicting statement, an oxymoron, and the best proof that your teachings make no sense, or are nonsense.
Gee, thanks for your unkind and arrogant words. Like Roger, you just can't hide that UR "love".

Jesus is the saviour of the world just like Obama is the president of US. I did not vote for Obama and I reject his policies, but since there can only be one president, then Obama is it.

It is a title. Jesus, "the Saviour", Obama, "the president".

Old 12-20-2010, 05:33 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Exclamation Divine love corrects

Quote:
Gee, thanks for your unkind and arrogant words. Like Rodger, you just can't hide that UR "love".
Divine love corrects.
Human love would let people suffer forever and call it "love."

UR suffering results in kolasis (correction).
Its intensity and duration will be just the right amount for each person who needs it.

ET suffering is forever and blasphemes the character of God!!!

SALVATION OUT OF THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH

Here is a snippet from L. Ray Smith's exposition
A Scriptural Journey Through the Lake Burning with Fire and Brimstone, Which is the SECOND DEATH

"God’s all consuming SPIRITUAL FIRE will consume and burn up all the impurities in our life. These things MUST DIE.
And whether the person God subjects to His consuming fire has many good qualities or none, the person himself shall be purged, BY GOD’S ALL-CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!"
L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - part 2
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - Part 3
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire part 4

Here is a snippet from J. Preston Eby's
THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH

"To quote the timely words of Ray Prinzing once more: "Now - while we see the victory of the ultimate, a complete triumph over death, first death, second death, ALL DEATH to ultimately be brought to an end."
The Lake of Fire: The Prodigal Son; God Gains Attention;The Lake Of Fire;The Second Death;Not Hurt Of The Second Death;Tormented In The Presence Of The Lamb

Here is a snippet from James' Coram's
EONIAN FIRE AND JUDGING

"God disciplines those of whom He is fond (Heb.12:7-11; Rev.3:19), and He is fond of humanity (Titus 3:4). We can be sure that God will be doing all things well, exercising judgment founded upon His love."
biblical studies: Eonian Fire and Judging

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-20-2010 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 12-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
The problem is you are unable to even comprehend the reasons why God does the things he does because you are still carnally minded. And though we are all still somewhat carnally minded, some of us are obviously more so than others.
Here is a good example. Jesus teaches us to be humble, yet you are arrogant. Are you saying that Jesus told you to 'be humble' but He does not desire you to be humble?

Trust me, He told you to be humble, because He wants you to be humble. He did not force you to disobey His order, you CHOSE to disobey. It is His permissive desire for us to be humble. It is permissive, because we have the option to disobey, like you just did.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Gee, thanks for your unkind and arrogant words. Like Roger, you just can't hide that UR "love".

Jesus is the saviour of the world just like Obama is the president of US. I did not vote for Obama and I reject his policies, but since there can only be one president, then Obama is it.

It is a title. Jesus, "the Saviour", Obama, "the president".
Your welcome ... ! Yes, "tough love" at that! I don't dance on eggshells, i call it like i see it ...

Obama is you president, regardless of whter you agree with him or not ...

And Jesus is the savior of all people, whether they are believing it or not ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity