Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Symptomatic of Retinitis Pigmentosa; blindness that generally precedes tunnel vision.

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why look at the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye? Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull the mote
out of your eye; and behold, a beam is in your own eye?

"You hypocrite, first cast the beam out of your own eye; and then you shall see clearly to cast the mote out of your brother's eye."

It appears that Jesus corrected the religious leaders of his day, not for judging; but for NOT using GOOF JUDGMENT.
It takes wisdom, discernment, and the exercise of truth to judge righteously.

So, I will ask the question again. When was the last time you saw someone plucking out his eye because it was hurting him spiritually?
I am asking this question because if Jesus words were to be taken literally. Then should you not be incouraging others to remove their eye, just as you would incourge others to follow the other statements found in those same chapters? It takes wisdom to understand what Jesus was telling these Jewish people. And that same wisdom should let you know that Jesus was not laying down a list for modern Christians to follow. The examples that Jesus gave, was to show the Jews and anyone else. That the works of the law will not save you.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:49 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post

I don't know what you mean by "a prophet."
How the scripture defines it.

Quote:
I don't even know what the Latter Rain movement is.
I believe you should research these so called teachers that you hold so high up.

The Latter Rain was a precursor to the current Charismatic movement with emphasis on the body of Christ, gifts of the Spirit, laying on of hands, impartation, five-fold ministry, prophetic ministry, spiritual worship, the kingdom of God, and going on to perfection, unto fullness of sonship to God, and the Manifest Sons of God MSOG.

J. Preston Eby was an early proponent who resigned under pressure from the Pentecostal Holiness Church in 1956 because his Latter Rain beliefs were not approved of by the church.

Latter Rain

Old 12-18-2010, 01:03 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,200 times
Post Sooner or later god will save everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God will forgive all of those who have been born of God.
Actally, sooner or later, God will save everyone.
"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God,
who is the Saviour of ALL MEN, specially of those that believe. THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH" (I Tim. 4:9-11).

The Savior of all men, especially believers
See why "especially" is all inclusive
Especially Those That Believe

Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
So, I will ask the question again. When was the last time you saw someone plucking out his eye because it was hurting him spiritually?
I am asking this question because if Jesus words were to be taken literally. Then should you not be incouraging others to remove their eye, just as you would incourge others to follow the other statements found in those same chapters? It takes wisdom to understand what Jesus was telling these Jewish people. And that same wisdom should let you know that Jesus was not laying down a list for modern Christians to follow. The examples that Jesus gave, was to show the Jews and anyone else. That the works of the law will not save you.
Should we not encourage one-another through the "Spirit of Love?"

"There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love, but forgiveness."

Indeed, in order to have wisdom, there must be an understanding that all things are not literal, as there is a Spiritual application to consider.
So, are you willing to remove the beam from within your own eyes?

Old 12-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Post The only thing i really care about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
How the scripture defines it.
How does the scripture define prophet?

Quote:
I believe you should research these so called teachers that you hold so high up.
Ray Prinzing (my hero and mentor) was kicked out of his denomination too for preaching UR.

The only thing I really care about is that IMO J. Preston Eby's exposition stands on its own merit. Let the readers decide for themselves.
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

Old 12-18-2010, 01:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:

"There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love, but forgiveness."

Indeed, in order to have wisdom, there must be an understanding that all things are not literal, as there is a Spiritual application to consider.
Surgery is required by that of another in order to restore one's vision.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Actally, sooner or later, God will save everyone.
"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God,
who is the Saviour of ALL MEN, specially of those that believe. THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH" (I Tim. 4:9-11).

The Savior of all men, especially believers
See why "especially" is all inclusive
Especially Those That Believe

No. 1. Jesus is the Saviour of all men. Yet, all men have not imbraced Him as their Saviour.

No. 2. He is the saviour of all men especially to those who believe. Because those who believe have not rejected Him.

No. 3. Jesus makes plain that not everone that calls Him Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of God. And even though Jesus is their saviour, God only accepts those who follow Him.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord! Didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we drive out demons in your name? Didn't we do many miracles in your name? Then I will tell them clearly, I never knew you. (GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU WHO DO EVIL!)

See, if you take one verse out of context you can make Jesus say anything. This is the kind of stuff the watchtower society does. Yet if you take all the sayings of Jesus, His message is inescapable.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, (THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.)

Did you notice the Bible states that (THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN GODS SON) are the one's that have eternal life.

And that is why when Jesus tells us that the gate that leads to eternal life is narrow, and few their be that find it. There is no conflict with the other Scriptures, especially if you are looking at all of them. Only when you try to isolate a verse and make a doctrine out of it, do you have a conflict.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Post Testimony of j. Preston eby

Quote:
TESTIMONY OF J. PRESTON EBY
//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ny-how-he.html

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-18-2010 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 12-18-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:

What I am not willing to do, is call Jesus Christ a liar. And when Jesus tells us that not everyone who says to Him, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. I believe Him. It appears to me, you do not. I'm not interested in your pet doctrines or beliefs. I only believe what Jesus Christ tells me in His word. It appears to me you think you have more knowledge then Christ, and His words appear to have little importance to you. And that is why you ignore Him, and His sayings.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 PM

Default Sooner or later everyone will do the will of god

Quote:
What I am not willing to do, is call Jesus Christ a liar. And when Jesus tells us that not everyone who says to Him, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. I believe Him. It appears to me, you do not. I'm not interested in your pet doctrines or beliefs. I only believe what Jesus Christ tells me in His word. It appears to me you think you have more knowledge then Christ, and His words appear to have little importance to you. And that is why you ignore Him, and His sayings.
You left out the last part of the verse.
"But he that doeth the will of my Father." Matt. 7:21

Sooner or later, with or without experiencing the lake of fire which is the second death, EVERYONE will be doing the will of God.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-18-2010 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity