Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 04:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Because we at least see that there is room for clarification here.
Man cannot comprehend the existence of error, when to deeply immersed in it...

Many do not want or desire clarification.
They prefer to have their religion; even if it's in error.

...but the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Peace and loving-kindness to you, Sparrow.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

...but the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Peace and loving-kindness to you, Sparrow.
Well said Jerwade.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:08 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

That seems to be rather common in the ur camp.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:15 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,097 times
Exclamation The kingdom of christ will one day include all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Here is a snippet from
“Every Knee Shall Bow” by Mark T. Chamberlain

"I protest against teaching that "all" means "all" when it is talking about sin and death, but that "all" means only "some" when spoken of final salvation. The restoration of all things means, we are told, that only some beings are to be restored, while the rest are tortured forever or annihilated. That God will be "All in all" means that millions will be cast into hell forever and only a few will be saved.

It is ludicrous that those who believe in everlasting hell charge us with evading the words of Scripture.

I submit that the entire history of biblical interpretation contains no stranger fact than this persistent ignoring of such a large part
of the New Testament.

To bring this out clearly, I'm going to quote from a number of texts that have been pieced together like the links of a chain that all fit together to show that the Kingdom of Christ will one day include everyone who has ever lived and God will truly be "All in all." (end quote)

Every Knee Shall Bow

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-18-2010, 05:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Finn i think it would be good for you to know, that most who believe in UR, know they were in error in times past in regards to the scripture, especially concerning ET.

Unfortunately we are not like yourself and many others who have always known the truth and never erred in anything you have believed, who somehow magically attained to all the truth overnight.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:35 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
So what did J. Preston Eby speak that didn't come to pass?
He preaches UR, but that is yet to come to pass.

Anyway, I don't think he considers himself a prophet.
I've been reading the Bible studies that he sends out for many years and never got the idea that he thinks he is a prophet.

TESTIMONY OF J. PRESTON EBY (short video)
J Preston Eby's Testimony on how he came to believe in the Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ
"We are a people being prepared for the coming third outpouring...this third great work of the Spirit shall usher a people into full redemption--delicious from the curse, sin, sickness, death and carnality"

J. Preston Eby - as quoted in Latter Rain (Mississauga, Ont:Honeycomb Visual Productions), 1987, pp. 80-81

The above is a prophecy, quoted by Mr. Eby.

A question for you rodgertutt....what is the 3rd Outpouring, and where is it in scripture? The forum calls you to witness and tell us, provide exegesis, this event for us.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Here is a snippet from
Thanks, but I'll stick with words of Jesus.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Camping is far more pleasant in the summer than the winter, especially if you’re outside.
However, I belong to no camp!

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-18-2010 at 06:04 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
"We are a people being prepared for the coming third outpouring...this third great work of the Spirit shall usher a people into full redemption--delicious from the curse, sin, sickness, death and carnality"

J. Preston Eby - as quoted in Latter Rain (Mississauga, Ont:Honeycomb Visual Productions), 1987, pp. 80-81

A question for you rodgertutt....what is the 3rd Outpouring, and where is it in scripture? The forum calls you to witness and tell us, provide exegesis, this event for us.
You are right. Preston Eby was forced out by the Pentacoatals, and then I guess he moved onto something else.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:58 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,097 times
Post All that i care about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

All I care about is my perception of the validity of his sixteen chapter exposition on universal salvation. That he might err on some things is common to us all. But everyone who is interested can decide for themselves if they think the conclusions of his exposition on UR are valid.
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity