Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
The idea that God would sustain anyone alive in an inescapable state of everlasting suffering forever in fact IS blasphemy against the character of God.

That is why my comment was not deleted.
Calling Christian beliefs "blasphemy" on a Christian discussion board is a direct insult, and I don't think it should be tolerated, but that's just me.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:29 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Lightbulb THE Doctrine of Endless Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Calling Christian beliefs "blasphemy" on a Christian discussion board is a direct insult, and I don't think it should be tolerated, but that's just me.
THE ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF THE Doctrine of Endless Punishment
The Origin and History of the Doctrine of Endless Punishment

Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,128,804 times
How about Universal Redemption?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
How about Universal Redemption?
UR? I do not believe in it, and have not found Biblical proof to support it.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:39 AM

Lightbulb Biblical proof to support ur

Quote:
UR? I do not believe in it, and have not found Biblical proof to support it.
I HAVE

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-20-2010 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-20-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I HAVE

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World
Preston Eby....sigh....

...no thanks...

I have read enough of him.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 AM

Lightbulb God's punishment is always for man's cure.

Quote:
Preston Eby....sigh....

...no thanks...

I have read enough of him.
Any “hell” that anyone will experience the Bible calls "kolasis aionion," (Matthew 25:46) which means age-during corrective punishment.

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective punishment) in Matthew 25:46

"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis, which was not originally an ethical word at all. It originally meant the pruning of trees to make them grow better. There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment. It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure.

See what other Greek scholars say about it.
Chapter Eleven

It is limited in duration, and corrective in purpose.
AIÓN -- AIÓNIOS
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-20-2010 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: color

Old 12-20-2010, 04:30 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Apocatastasis(universal salvation) has been a Christian belief since the times of Christ and the apostles and was believed by the vast majority of Christians during the first 5 centuries of Christianity, yet most Christians now claim that it is a heresy, and that those of us who believe it are false prophets and teachers.

Does that insult you as well?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-20-2010 at 04:42 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
I don't believe in Hell. IMO, it's a misunderstanding of what Jesus actually taught. I came to this conclusion just because to me, eternal Hell and an all-loving God are not compatible beliefs, it's pretty obvious. If Hell exists than God is not all that nice after all.
Indeed ... Especially when you consider that Jesus specifically taught that God was kind to the wicked and ungrateful, and that God will have allpeople to be saved and is in fact the savior of all people ...

Luk 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

According to traditional fundamental orthodox Christianity, God is so kind to the wicked and ungrateful that he tortures them for ever ...

Old 12-20-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Jesus preached about the concequence of rejection of God, but He stressed the point that He was here to save those who believed in Him.
The scriptures teach that God is the savior of all people, not only of those that are believing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity