Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 01:52 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1Jo 3:10
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
John's talking about Judaizers.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
AN and UR have some commonality, its just a matter of interpretation...

Take a statement like "the wicked will be destroyed".

AN sees that as the wicked people being annihilated. However... we are all wicked in our own ways... are we all going to be annihilated?

The UR viewpoint sees it as the wickedness will be destroyed out of us... we will be changed, made to be no longer wicked... therefore the wicked will truly be destroyed - there will be no longer any wicked when all wickedness is removed.
UR sees a shiny new planet. The Bible never says there will be one.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:57 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
That's a curious statement considering you quite often bring up the new heaven/new earth/new Jerusalem.

So I don't know why you say UR sees a "shiny new planet" nor why the bible never says there will be one... something got lost in the metaphor I think.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
It's hopeless. I refuse to go round and round in another endless cycle of debating all the twisted, messed up UR theologies. We're talking about "Hell...Eternal Torment or Annihilation." Get it?...not "ALL in ALL"...not "destroyed doesn't mean destroyed"...and surely not any of the other...(for lack of a better word)...junk! you guys are posing here...honestly...I guess this will not turn out to be the type of discussion I was hoping for...I give up.

To whosoever really gives a damn about why I believe in Annihilation...read the entire article and learn some excellant points, from truly excellant sources who are well studied in Scripture, and who truly explain the meanings of the verses pertaining to this subject. If read with an open mind and heart, you will come away with possibly a whole new understanding of what the Bible, namely Jesus, John, Job, Paul, Peter, and a whole host of other great men of the Bible meant, and what was meant by "everlasting fire"..."eternal damnation"..."worms that don't die"..."Lazarus tormented in hell"...the whole gammit.

Happy reading.
Lazarus wasn't tormented in hell...If you are speaking of the one i think you a speaking of...

Old 11-01-2010, 04:03 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Default UR VERSUS Full Preterists/Covenant Creationists

Quote:
sciotamicks I’m glad you don’t believe the Bible teaches eternal torment because, like legoman, I truly believe that the ET doctrine is the world’s greatest evil.

But I cannot see any essential difference between your Full Preterists/Covenant Creationists and Annihilationists.

In both beliefs unbelieving humans cease to exist.

God's plan for the ages of time as described by A.E. Knoch in his introduction to his scriptural exposition of UR, ALL IN ALL is more like my understanding of what God is like, grander and far more glorious than FPCC.

Here's a snippet from the introduction of A.E. Knoch's ALL IN ALL.

"Since judgment is not eternal, but eonian, we may accept all the solemn threats of death and condemnation without reservation, while happily exulting in God’s grand goal to which all His labors lead: that God may be All in All (1Cor.15:28)." (end of quote).

His entire book can be read online at
Lighthouse Library International - ALL IN ALL, ADOLPH E||&type=&what=author

Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM

Exclamation Points that are even more excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
To whosoever really gives a damn about why I believe in Annihilation...read the entire article and learn some excellant points,
Happy reading.
And whoever really cares about why I believe the Bible teaches Universal Salvation...read the the entire article, and learn points that are even more excellent!
Even happier reading!!

The Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM

rodgertutt,

Personally, I don't care what AE Koch thinks.....I care what God has said.
Death is death is it not? What des the second death mean to you?...not AE Koch please.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
That's a curious statement considering you quite often bring up the new heaven/new earth/new Jerusalem.

So I don't know why you say UR sees a "shiny new planet" nor why the bible never says there will be one... something got lost in the metaphor I think.
I am curious of your stance......would you like the Bible to explain to you what the heavens and earth means? It is right there...in Gen 1 and 2.
There are many other places as well.....and like I said, none of which denotes a shiny new planet and everyone is running around holding hands, singing kumbaya.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
John's talking about Judaizers.
LOL ... Whatever floats your boat ...

Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 PM

Lightbulb All in all - a SCRIPTURAL expositon

Quote:
rodgertutt,

Personally, I don't care what AE Koch thinks.....I care what God has said.
Death is death is it not? What des the second death mean to you?...not AE Koch please.
That's why I call ALL IN ALL a "scriptural" expostion.
Because it is all about the subject of what God has said about those two issues.

His entire book can be read online at
Lighthouse Library International - ALL IN ALL, ADOLPH E||&type=&what=author
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity