Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 04:09 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
We are all born sinners Ironmaw...I don't know where you are going with this...but I do know you know this answer already.

So what is it you really want to say...?...are you suggesting that we remain in that state...?...or are we commanded by God to grow and mature spiritually, into a true, repentant, CHANGED! Born Again, Christ-like Christian?...who obeys His commandments? You know it is the latter. So what is the problem Ironmaw...?

Listen Ironmaw...and listen good...If you or anyone else in this world dies a wilfull sinner...having rejected Jesus' sacrifice on the cross and the power to overcome sin that comes along with receiving His precious gift...you will die a child of the devil...and in his domain you will remain...forever, separated from God...FOREVER. Get that in your head!

It's time to grow up!

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother [other believers].1 John 3:10. (KJV)

This is the way God's children are distinguished from the devil's children. Everyone who doesn't do what is right or love other believers isn't God's child. 1 John 3:10. (GWT)

...and yes, I know...we are to love our enemies as well...just this passage is specifically speaking of loving our "brothers" and I am pointing out that "brothers" are of the same family (The Family of God)...the children of God..."brothers" are not children of the devil, who wilfully sin...two different families...two very different fathers!!!

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,

John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 11:52 and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

3 John 1:11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Proverbs 13:20 "He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly........

Old 10-31-2010, 04:21 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,822 times
God's Word states:
The wicked will be completely and utterly removed.....

Psalm 37: 10 & 11 Reads:
Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more: and you will certainly give more attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Psalm 145:20 Reads:
God is guarding all those loving him, but all the wicked ones he will annihilate.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
Proverbs 13:20 "He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly........
...love Proverbs 13:20......very, very wise words. It's so true.

God Bless Razzel.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Your hateful terrorist threats only make me pity your hate filled heart and your curse ridden mouth.

God loves me, and Jesus saved me, and i trust in that and not i your false religion. You are already in your fabled hell, and you are all alone and you think you are on your way to heaven.

You curse yourself and yet you believe that you are blessed. Very sad ...

God will heal you of this mortal plague that you suffer, some day soon i hope ...
lol......feel better...?

...as long as you believe ALL will see their salvation whether they live and die in their sin or not...you are living a lie Ironmaw...and THAT dear soul, IS what is sad...I pray your blind eyes are opened one day...before you die and it is too late.

God Bless.

Verna.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
God's Word states:
The wicked will be completely and utterly removed.....

Psalm 37: 10 & 11 Reads:
Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more: and you will certainly give more attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Psalm 145:20 Reads:
God is guarding all those loving him, but all the wicked ones he will annihilate.
Let God's word be true and every man a liar. Amen.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:24 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,733 times
Quote:
Let God's word be true and every man a liar. Amen.
If every man were a liar, then your belief would mean every man will be annihilated. Strange thing for you to want to let happen.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
So you annihilators believe when God said to Adam " for in the day you eat thereof you shall surely die", He was taking about annihilation ?.And is that after they have been placed kicking and screaming into the lake of fire?.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you annihilators believe when God said to Adam " for in the day you eat thereof you shall surely die", He was taking about annihilation ?.And is that after they have been placed kicking and screaming into the lake of fire?.

I think that many annihilators believe that God must resurrect the wicked and unbelieving so that he can judge them, them torture them until they say uncle(confess that his is lord), and then he will throw them in the fire and burn them all alive in order to annihilate them.

Pretty much the same thing that the Roman Catholic Church did to millions of people during the dark age inquisitions ...

Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 PM

595 posts, read 762,204 times
Quote:
Do impenitent sinners suffer conscious punishment in body and soul for all eternity, or are they annihilated by God in the second death after suffering a temporary punishment?

The first part of the chapter analyzes the major Biblical texts and arguments used to support the literal view of hell as the place of a literal everlasting punishment of the wicked.

The second chapter considers briefly two alternative interpretations of hell.
  • 1. The metaphorical view - which regards hell as a place where suffering is more mental than physical. The fire is not literal but metaphorical, and the pain is caused more by the sense of separation from God than by physical torments.
  • 2. The Universalist view of hell, which turns hell into a purging, refining fire that ultimately makes it possible for every person to make it into heaven.
The third part of this chapter presents the annihilation view (to which I subscribe) of hell as a place of the ultimate dissolution and annihilation of the unsaved. Some call this "conditional immortality," because our study of the Biblical wholistic view of human nature shows that immortality is not an innate human possession, it is a divine gift granted to believers on condition of their faith response.

Hell: Eternal Torment or Annihilation

God will not resurrect the wicked to immortal life in order to inflict upon them a punishment of eternal pain. Rather the wicked will be resurrected mortal in order to receive their punishment which will result in their ultimate annihilation.

God Bless you.

Verna.

NOTE:
...and to any who come here to do nothing more than post an opinion without even reading the study I provided...please, do us all a favor and refrain from doing so. I would like an intelligent conversation ABOUT this study with members who care enough to READ this study.

Mods...please deleat replies that do not discuss the study I provided. Thank you.
Good Evening Verna,
I read the link and I am still studying. Extremely interesting and I have a couple of points that may turn into questions.

Isaiah 66:22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD. 24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."Mark 9: 47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where
" 'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched.'
Thank you Lord for your precious Word.
The Hebrew word for "mankind" is "ba·sar.", which means "flesh".

So would this be an ongoing event of the believers seeing the " dead bodies"? Example; we know that those who are unbelievers are "dead" to Christ. Especially since we know the "flesh" is seeing them.
If we have our new resurrected bodies in the time of the new heavens and the new earth, they will not be "flesh", they will be "spirit".

So is Isaiah verse 22, just God's declaration of the new?
And the events of the "flesh" ongoing until the event of God's declaration takes place.

I am hoping you can understand what I am asking.
Also, Mark 9, footnotes back to Isaiah 66:24. maybe I am missing scripture to confirm Isaiah 66:22-24 event(s). May this be speaking of two events. One, the declaration of God at the time of the New heavens and earth, then the second event ongoing in the flesh until the believer's resurrection.
For there is supporting scripture of the believer seeing the downfall of our enemies while in the flesh and we do see the unbeliever in death without Christ.

Thank you so much for this post and God Bless you Verna,
Mercy

Old 10-31-2010, 08:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I think that many annihilators believe that God must resurrect the wicked and unbelieving so that he can judge them, them torture them until they say uncle(confess that his is lord), and then he will throw them in the fire and burn them all alive in order to annihilate them.

Pretty much the same thing that the Roman Catholic Church did to millions of people during the dark age inquisitions ...
Sounds just a little more merciful than frying eternally . How on earth did we paint such a picture of Him,and believe it without batting an eye lid,and remain shocked beyond imagination with the atrocities of Hitler and the like.

I keep saying it,but i am glad we are not living in the dark ages, and the justice system of the world is a much fairer one than that of fundamental christianity because we'd be toast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity