Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM

309 posts, read 363,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The Doctrine of Universal Salvation Is Not Salvation (http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehoodexposed/universalism/doctrineuniversalsalvationnotsalvation.htm - broken link)

Totally AWSOME link

Old 11-27-2010, 08:52 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Totally AWSOME link

That's what I thought.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:01 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You have taken the word all, again, and applied it to ALL HUMANS, whereas that is NOT what it is saying. Firstly, this letter is written TO the Hebrews. Second, notice the 'IF...THEN' God deals with you as sons. Not unlike Romans 8:14, which tells us who the sons of God are.
" FOR ALL WHO ARE BEING LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, THESE ARE SONS OF GOD"!

Notice the ALL? Does this now also mean EVERY HUMAN BEING? I think not.

God does not preserve the life of the wicked, But gives justice to the oppressed.
Let me get this straight, are you saying that God does not love all people?

The scriptures i quoted clearly state that god chastises those whom he loves.

If God loves all people, then he will chastise all people, and he will recieve all people who will be made righteous and holy by his chastisements.

If there is any person whom God will not chastise, then God does not love that person.

So please state it clearly for all to read ... Do you believe that God loves all people?

Yes or no?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:05 PM

309 posts, read 363,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
That's what I thought.
.....I even added it to my "Favorites"....

Old 11-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The Doctrine of Universal Salvation Is Not Salvation (http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehoodexposed/universalism/doctrineuniversalsalvationnotsalvation.htm - broken link)
Quote:

Quote:
You know why I'm grinning, right? You should examine that link a little more closely.
Quote:
Totally AWSOME link
Quote:
That's what I thought.
Quote:
.....I even added it to my "Favorites"....
Sciotamicks, you didn't read that article did you? It seems that you just posted it because of the title ...

Here is a quote from the artivel by the writers of that article ...

While you preach the reconciliation of all things (a true doctrine) and the fallacy of eternal damnation (also true), you are, in effect, pointing to extraneous causes and saviors, thus failing to deal with the issue, which is one not of doctrine but of the heart.

The writers of that article blieve in and teach UR.

You should pay closer attention to the articles you link to which you think prove your stance ...

Old 11-27-2010, 09:19 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Sciotamicks, you didn't read that article did you? It seems that you just posted it because of the title ...

Here is a quote from the artivel by the writers of that article ...

While you preach the reconciliation of all things (a true doctrine) and the fallacy of eternal damnation (also true), you are, in effect, pointing to extraneous causes and saviors, thus failing to deal with the issue, which is one not of doctrine but of the heart.

The writers of that article blieve in and teach UR.

You should pay closer attention to the articles you link to which you think prove your stance ...
Ah! Finally.

*applauding*

Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Default The writer of that article was a ur

Quote:

Here is a quote from the article by the writers of that article ...

The writers of that article believe in and teach UR.

I had forgotten that the writer of that article was a believer in universal salvation.
That was six years ago, and back then I couldn't figure out what his problem with me was.
Quite frankly, I still don't understand it.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-27-2010 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: SPELLING

Old 11-27-2010, 09:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
That's what I thought.
A word to the wise.

"Be ye circumspect, least ye be condemned by the self-righteousness of others."

Old 11-27-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I had forgotten that the writer of that article was a believer in universal salvation.
That was six years ago, and back then I couldn't figure out what his problem with me was.
Quite frankly, I still don't understand it.
If you ask me, it seems like it was a miscommunication.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
If you ask me, it seems like it was a miscommunication.
Don't count on it.
Speaking from first hand experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity