Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 10:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
God will judge you, not me.
You judge every time you declare that some one's heart is hard, and when you do it you elevate yourself in God's position. Questioning some one's heart and/or salvation is judgment of the heaviest kind.

James 4:12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

Old 11-28-2010, 10:44 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What great verses herefornow, but especially Zechariah 7:9 which I never noticed before. It explains what true justice is!

Zechariah 7:8 And the word of the LORD came again to Zechariah:
9 “This is what the LORD Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.

True justice is not letting someone be tortured forever.
True justice is not letting someone be annihilated forever.

True justice is showing mercy and compassion!

WOW!

Of course mostly the cults deny the existance of an eternal hell. Such as the Jehovah Withesses. And they had such a problem with some of their beliefs not agreeing with the Bible. The actually rewrote the Bible and removed numerous verses from the actual translation. Those who do not believe in an eternal Hell usually look at the Bible this way. They ignore the obvious, and pick out the verses that best agrees with their thinking. Of course this has little to do with what Scripture is actually telling us. Yet for some, ignorance is bliss.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course mostly the cults deny the existance of an eternal hell. Such as the Jehovah Withesses. And they had such a problem with some of their beliefs not agreeing with the Bible. The actually rewrote the Bible and removed numerous verses from the actual translation. Those who do not believe in an eternal Hell usually look at the Bible this way. They ignore the obvious, and pick out the verses that best agrees with their thinking. Of course this has little to do with what Scripture is actually telling us. Yet for some, ignorance is bliss.
Wanton disregard of the scriptures is always a telltale sign of a false teaching.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Wanton disregard of the scriptures is always a telltale sign of a false teaching.
Amen Finn_Jarber.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:57 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Lightbulb correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Those who do not believe in an eternal Hell usually look at the Bible this way. They ignore the obvious, and pick out the verses that best agrees with their thinking. Of course this has little to do with what Scripture is actually telling us. Yet for some, ignorance is bliss.
One of the important tools for believing that the Bible doesn't teach eternal hell is to use a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible. Here are many. The ones on line you don't even have to pay for.

CORRECT TRANSLATIONS ONLINE
CONCORDANT
Concordant Publishing; Concordant Version

YOUNG'S LITERAL
Revised Young's Literal Translation (RYLT)

OTHER CORRECT TRANSLATIONS NOT ONLINE LISTED AT THE FOLLOWING THREE LINKS
An Analytical Study of Words - Undivded Version

Hell is Leaving the Bible Forever</b></font>

Bible Translations That Do Not Teach Eternal Torment

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-28-2010 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: spacing

Old 11-28-2010, 10:59 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
You judge every time you declare that some one's heart is hard, and when you do it you elevate yourself in God's position. Questioning some one's heart and/or salvation is judgment of the heaviest kind.

James 4:12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?
Was Paul judging when he declared that the heart of Israel, who rejected Christ, was hardened, and their eyes blinded?

Old 11-28-2010, 11:07 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Once he spammed a thread by posting the same copy/paste eleven times,
...once...?...eleven times...?...ummmmm...more like every thread he's ever started...and/or posted on...

Yup...and I fail to see why he gets away with it...

...Hey!...is there anybody out there who should be concerned...?...exactly why? does he get away with this...? Good question...

Old 11-28-2010, 11:28 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
That is EXACTLY what I am saying. Is it any clearer to you? Here are some verses for you to study:

Ps 5
For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness; No evil dwells with You. The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You HATE ALL who do iniquity. You destroy those who speak falsehood; The LORD ABHORS the man of bloodshed and deceit.
Let's consider Saul, prior to his conversion, whom you say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Saul was ALREADY a believer, in God, but didn't KNOW Christ.
These are some of the works recorded of Saul:

Act 22:20 And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was poured out, I myself also was standing by and consenting to his execution, and holding the garments of those killing him.

Act 8:3 But Saul ravaged the assembly, entering house by house, dragging both men and women, he delivered them to prison.

Act 9:1 But still breathing threats and murder toward the disciples of the Lord, coming to the high priest,
Act 9:2 Saul asked from him letters to Damascus, to the synagogues, so that if he found any being of the Way, both men and women, having bound them he might bring them to Jerusalem.

Act 9:4 And falling on the earth he heard a voice saying to him, Saul, Saul! Why do you persecute Me?
Let's hear what Jesus had to say regarding Saul's hate of His followers:

Act 26:9 `I, indeed, therefore, thought with myself, that against the name of Jesus of Nazareth it behoved me many things to do,
Act 26:10 which also I did in Jerusalem, and many of the saints I in prison did shut up, from the chief priests having received the authority; they also being put to death, I gave my vote against them,
Act 26:11 and in every synagogue, often punishing them, I was constraining them to speak evil, being also exceedingly mad against them, I was also persecuting them even unto strange cities.

And here is what Jesus said of Saul hating his followers:

Joh 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but it hates Me because I witness about it, that its works are evil.

Joh 15:24 If I did not do the works among them which no other did, they had no sin. But now they both have seen and also have hated Me and My Father.

And not only, but Saul did more:

1Ti 1:13 the one who before was a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and insolent; but I received mercy, because being ignorant I did it in unbelief.

And Paul testified to being the chief among sinners, the workers of iniquity:

1Ti 1:15 Faithful is the Word and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

So let's recap what Saul was prior to his conversion:

1. Saul persecuted Jesus' followers
2. Saul hated Jesus
3. Saul hated God
4. Saul's heart was full of murder and threats.
5. Saul used violence to imprison the followers of Jesus
6. Saul was a blasphemer of God
7. Saul worked sin (iniquity) in unbelief.
8. Saul was faithless toward God
9. Saul was chief among sinners (workers of iniquity).

However, Paul also tells us that Jesus loved him and gave himself for him in order to redeem him of his works of iniquity.:

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Can you explain your position: How that Saul while being a worker of iniquity (a person whom you say was HATED by God), was loved by Jesus who gave Himself for him?

You also said Saul was already a believer in God but did not know Jesus. Can you explain how someone can be a believer in God but not know Jesus? Also, can a person who believes in God also threaten to murder His followers?

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving
We've got leftovers that will last for weeks! The Lord is truly good to all!

Psa 145:9 Jehovah is good to all; and His tender mercies are over all His works.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 11-28-2010 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-28-2010, 11:29 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...once...?...eleven times...?...ummmmm...more like every thread he's ever started...and/or posted on...

Yup...and I fail to see why he gets away with it...

...Hey!...is there anybody out there who should be concerned...?...exactly why? does he get away with this...? Good question...
You all should really learn the difference between simple posting with links and spamming. Rodgertutt is NOT spamming. He posts links that are relevant to the conversation. Links that you all should take the time to read.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
One of the important tools for believing that the Bible doesn't teach eternal hell is to use a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible. Here are many. The ones on line you don't even have to pay for.

CORRECT TRANSLATIONS ONLINE
CONCORDANT
Concordant Publishing; Concordant Version

YOUNG'S LITERAL
Revised Young's Literal Translation (RYLT)

OTHER CORRECT TRANSLATIONS NOT ONLINE LISTED AT THE FOLLOWING THREE LINKS
An Analytical Study of Words - Undivded Version

Hell is Leaving the Bible Forever</b></font>

Bible Translations That Do Not Teach Eternal Torment

Of course there are many translations today that now deny the orginal Bible. And that is why Scripture tell us the time would come when men would not endure sound doctrine, but would turn away from the truth and listen to fables. This was predicted, and was to be expected. And as Matthew 25:46 points out.

They will go away to (ETERNAL PUNISHMENT), but the righteous to eternal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity