Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 03:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Hells eternal torment is not evil. It is a clear judgement from God. God destroying the earth with a flood and it's population was not evil. God destroying Sodom and Gomorrah with fire was not evil either. They are all clear judgements from God. And outside of the Majority Text. There is no other quantity of Christian Texts that would support a non Eternal torment. You will need to write your own Scriptures in order to get such a read. God's Word is direct. The problem is, man as usual is looking for some kind of loophole. And hell will be filled with such people. And that is because God is looking for those who willingly follow and believe Him. (JESUS) My sheep hear my voice and they follow Me.
So, tormenting your enemies for eternity is not evil?!?!? Well, at least you're doctrines of hell are consistent....LOL

Did you know that God loves, blesses and sends His mercy and grace to those that hate him? And that He does so because He, unlike man, is actually good?

Mat 5:44 but I--I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those accusing you falsely, and persecuting you,
Mat 5:45 that ye may be sons of your Father in the heavens, because His sun He doth cause to rise on evil and good, and He doth send rain on righteous and unrighteous.
Mat 5:46 `For, if ye may love those loving you, what reward have ye? do not also the tax-gatherers the same?
Mat 5:47 and if ye may salute your brethren only, what do ye abundant? do not also the tax-gatherers so?
Mat 5:48 ye shall therefore be perfect, as your Father who is in the heavens is perfect.

That is not a "loophole" my friend. That is God being gracious to sinners like you and I.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
Please continue reading and studying, you may end up learning a few things.
Judgment with mercy, brings everyone to their knees eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You too. Keep reading and you might learn something
Indeed, I have as noted above, but thank you for the encouragement.

Sometimes, that is all we can do ...until we all come to the unity of the faith and of the recognition of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to a measure of stature of the fullness of the Christ, that we may no more be babes, tossed and borne about by every wind of the teaching, in the sleight of men, in craftiness, unto the artifice of leading astray, and, being true in love, we may increase to Him [in] all things, who is the head -- the Christ; from whom the whole body, being fitly joined together and united, through the supply of every joint, according to the working in the measure of each single part, the increase of the body doth make for the building up of itself in love.

This, then, I say, and I testify in the Lord; ye are no more to walk, as also the other nations walk, in the vanity of their mind, being darkened in the understanding, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart, who, having ceased to feel, themselves did give up to the lasciviousness, for the working of all uncleanness in greediness; and ye did not so learn the Christ, if so be ye did hear him, and in him were taught, as truth is in Jesus; ye are to put off concerning the former behavior (the old man), that is corrupt according to the desires of the deceit, and to be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and to put on the new man, which, according to Spirit, was created in righteousness and kindness of the truth.

Wherefore, putting away the lying, speak truth each with his neighbor, because we are members one of another; be angry and do not sin; let not the sun go down upon your wrath, neither give place to the devil (accusers); whosoever is stealing let him no more steal, but rather let him labor, working the thing that is good with the hands, that he may have to impart to him having need.

Let no corrupt word out of your mouth go forth, but what is good unto the needful building up, that it may give grace to the hearers; and make not sorrowful the Holy Spirit, in which ye were sealed to a day of redemption.

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil-speaking, be put away from you, with all malice, and become one to another, kind, having a tender-heart, forgiving one another, according as the Spirit in Christ did forgive you. (Ephesians, chapter 4) which I am sure you have read, too.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
So, tormenting your enemies for eternity is not evil?!?!? Well, at least you're doctrines of hell are consistent....LOL

Did you know that God loves, blesses and sends His mercy and grace to those that hate him? And that He does so because He, unlike man, is actually good?

Mat 5:44 but I--I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those accusing you falsely, and persecuting you,
Mat 5:45 that ye may be sons of your Father in the heavens, because His sun He doth cause to rise on evil and good, and He doth send rain on righteous and unrighteous.
Mat 5:46 `For, if ye may love those loving you, what reward have ye? do not also the tax-gatherers the same?
Mat 5:47 and if ye may salute your brethren only, what do ye abundant? do not also the tax-gatherers so?
Mat 5:48 ye shall therefore be perfect, as your Father who is in the heavens is perfect.

That is not a "loophole" my friend. That is God being gracious to sinners like you and I.
It is not a loophole, it is God instructing us, He did not give us the Bible to instruct Himeslf. Just do as you are taught, and let God do what He does. He is the creator after all.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, I have as noted above, but thank you for the encouragement.
Good. I was only returning your arrogant remark back to you.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:48 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:

Of course if your willing to pick and choose what you want to believe in the Scriptures you can make them say whatever you want. Yet if you believe all of the Scriptures, you will see the balance of God's full plan. Yet it appears to me, your more intrested in getting the God of the Bible to do it your way, and not His. Anytime your beliefs force you to apply whiteout to the Bible. You can be sure, you are heading in the wrong direction.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a loophole, it is God instructing us, He did not give us the Bible to instruct Himeslf. Just do as you are taught, and let God do what He does. He is the creator after all.
Of course, God is the creator of all things. God IS instructing us through His word about His goodness towards all sinners. This is what UR's proclaim, but it is not what ETer's will believe.

ETer's bring forth evil doctrines from an evil heart and speak of evil intentions and malice toward those whom God created in His image.

On the other hand, Jesus, being the good Physician, brings forth good teachings out of His heart. Teachings of mercy, kindness and goodness that leads to salvation for all His creation.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course if your willing to pick and choose what you want to believe in the Scriptures you can make them say whatever you want. Yet if you believe all of the Scriptures, you will see the balance of God's full plan. Yet it appears to me, your more intrested in getting the God of the Bible to do it your way, and not His. Anytime your beliefs force you to apply whiteout to the Bible. You can be sure, you are heading in the wrong direction.
Whiteout??? LOL I've only given you scripture to read and asked questions to get you to think. Is that what you call whiteout?

Old 11-28-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Of course, God is the creator of all things. God IS instructing us through His word about His goodness towards all sinners. This is what UR's proclaim, but it is not what ETer's will believe.

ETer's bring forth evil doctrines from an evil heart and speak of evil intentions and malice toward those whom God created in His image.

On the other hand, Jesus, being the good Physician, brings forth good teachings out of His heart. Teachings of mercy, kindness and goodness that leads to salvation for all His creation.
Yes God is instructing us through His word. However why don't you explain how we must ignore the sections of the Bible that donot agree with your belief system. Why don't you tell everyone that the Bible can only be understood by removing the sections you have personally decided are nolonger valid. Explain to us how your self imposed censorship, squares with God's actual account. And if you recall, the Bible gives strong warnings to those would would play with God's Word in such a way.

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Whiteout??? LOL I've only given you scripture to read and asked questions to get you to think. Is that what you call whiteout?
When you ignore the clear teachings of Jesus Christ. That is what I call useing whiteout. I have had 60 years to think, and at no time have I ever considered following only the parts of the Bible that fit my fancy. You either believe all of the Bible, or you believe none of it. This is not the kind of Book you can pick and choose. The Scriptures you gave me to read, are filtered at best.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Not true. I believe God loves the world, although He knows we are all sinners, and He offers free gift of salvation to anyone who will accept it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity