Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 06:29 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times

Advertisements

OUR SAVIOUR -- GOD

We are not saved by being given a "chance."

Here is a snippet from OUR SAVIOUR GOD by James Coram.

"The grace of God is effective, not merely potential.
Faith is God’s gracious gift to us, with which He overwhelms our former unbelief, imparting to all whom He calls a measure thereof, whenever it delights Him to unveil His Son in us (cf Phil.1:29; 1 Tim.1:13-16; Rom.12:3; Gal. 1:15,16)

This proves that salvation is not a refusable offer, and that faith is not spiritual currency.
Faith is not meritorious. Accepting Christ is not a transaction.
Salvation is a gracious gift, not a covenant or agreement.

Those who are yet of a mind to “strike a deal” with God, are in no mood to acknowledge their need of a Saviour."

OUR SAVIOUR GOD
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 1 - Our Saviour God

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-29-2010 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: colouring

Old 11-29-2010, 07:21 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
FJV bible translation????
The Finn_Jarber Version ...

Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 PM

309 posts, read 363,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
....yep....

Old 11-29-2010, 08:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yes, I understood the personal stab, thanks. I've heard much worse, but the multiple question marks shows surprise. Why do you guys always start slinging personal stabs? Oh, that's right, God is in control and he made him do it. If you had free will, you could choose to be respectful like Jesus teaches, but I guess you have found the perfect excuse to do whatever you want.

It is telling that you show your approval by the thmbs-up.

People do have a choise over their actions. Jesus would not have given us instructions to live Godly lives and to love our neighbors if he intended to puppet master our every move and thought. You have free will to choose your words here, and God will NOT force you to disrespect other people. He wants you to treat others with respect, but sometimes people choose otherwise.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-29-2010 at 08:20 PM..

Old 11-29-2010, 08:23 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I understood the personal stab, thanks. The multiple question marks shows surprise. Why do you guys always start slinging personal stabs? Oh, that's right, God is in control and he made him do it. If you had free will, you could choose to be respectful like Jesus teaches, but I guess you have found the perfect excuse to do whatever you want.

It is telling that you show your approval by the thmbs-up.
Finn_Jarber has a point here. Why act this way? Do we want to be treated like that? If you want to win over Finn_Jarber, then surely the Spirit must abide before you. I keep trying to help him undertand my universalist views and teach him things and then I get undermined by the behavior of others that claim to be universalists.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:24 PM

Lightbulb His achievement are we

It is an empty gesture to go through the motions of “giving all the glory to God,” while at the same time continually believing, thinking and often even insistently declaring that good decisions and acts are things which ultimately owe their existence to one’s own self, God having but made them “possible.”

May He enlighten us to see, truly, that it is “in the grace of God” that “I am what I am” (1 Cor.15:10).

HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE - James Coram
Concordant Expositions (html format) - His Achievement Are We

Old 11-29-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Finn_Jarber has a point here. Why act this way? Do we want to be treated like that? If you want to win over Finn_Jarber, then surely the Spirit must abide before you. I keep trying to help him undertand my universalist views and teach him things and then I get undermined by the behavior of others that claim to be universalists.
Yes....you are correct trettep....Sorry sir Finn....forgive me.

Tis true that the carnal man remains while still in the flesh.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post

Thanks for understanding Brother, Praise the Lord.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:56 PM

Default God controls the timing of our salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
I would like to point out that this change in attitude was caused by the influence of Trettep. Joe's will was not "free." Trettep's exhortation became the strongest influence that caused Joe's change in attitude.

Since we always, without exception, respond in the direction of the strongest influence which is a product of the reasons why we prefer any certain choice instead of a different one, there can be no such a thing as "free" will.

Ray Prinzing wrote:

"The timing of everyone's salvation is under God's intimate sovereign control.

The process of salvation is wrought out "every man in his own order."
Jesus clearly taught that "no man can come to Me unless the Father Who sent me draw him," giving indication that the initiative for salvation is God's as He causes us to come to Jesus in His time, to be in that order, that rank that He determined for us.

But He also made it clear, regardless of the timing of our call
"As it is written in the prophets, they shall all be taught of God." John 6:44,45 (end of quote)

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-29-2010 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I would like to point out that this change in attitude was caused by the influence of Trettep. Joe's will was not "free." Trettep's exhortation became the strongest influence that caused Joe's change in attitude.

Since we always, without exception, respond in the direction of the strongest influence which is a product of the reasons why we prefer any certain choice instead of a different one, there can be no such a thing as "free" will.

Ray Prinzing wrote:

"The timing of everyone's salvation is under God's intimate sovereign control.

The process of salvation is wrought out "every man in his own order."
Jesus clearly taught that "no man can come to Me unless the Father Who sent me draw him," giving indication that the initiative for salvation is God's as He causes us to come to Jesus in His time, to be in that order, that rank that He determined for us.

But He also made it clear, regardless of the timing of our call
"As it is written in the prophets, they shall all be taught of God." John 6:44,45 (end of quote)
This is true rodger....

As posted somewhere else, if someone could actually make a "freewill" choice, then the question of...

"Why did you choose that?"

....would be impossible for that person to answer. Just answering that question would give a "CAUSE" to why it was chosen. Hence, no 'freewill'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity