Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Notice the text didn't say that God planned the evil.
Notice that it says that God meant it, meant what ?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 AM

701 posts, read 800,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Evil temporarily exists ONLY because God wants it to.
Eventually He will transform all evil into something better for everyone that it temporarily existed as He fits each person into His master plan in their own unique way.
THE PURPOSE OF EVIL – A.P. Adams
evil.html
God has never desired or wanted evil.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:17 AM

701 posts, read 800,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Notice that it says that God meant it, meant what ?
Meant the good that would come out of it.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Lightbulb God's punishment is always for man's cure

Quote:
UR says "regardless of what you do" everybody eventually reaches the same end, which means no accountability.
Not true.
Accoutability guarantees kolasis aionion which mean age-during corrective chastisement.

Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46
"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis, which was not originally an ethical word at all.
It originally meant the pruning of trees to make them grow better.
There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment.
It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure."

See what other Greek scholars say about the subject.
Chapter Eleven

Quote:
God chose to create beings with free moral will. I would much rather live in an eternity that, while some didn't make it, those that did have the freedom of thought and therefore can love as God does, vs. an eternity in which everyone makes it but nobody has freedom of thought.
After all of the arguments have been exhausted about us not being robots, and after all of the ethical opinions about our perception of morality have been expounded, this stubborn fact will still just sit there in all of its irrefutability.

We will always, without exception, choose in the direction of the strongest sets of influences that are being brought to bear upon our minds, because it is absolutely impossible to choose what we do not prefer.
The fact that we choose it demonstrates that we preferred it at least slightly more than other sets of influences that were almost just as strong.

Therefore there is no such a thing as “free" will.

THERE IS NO SUCH A THINGS AS "FREE" WILL
aboutfreewillnote

Old 11-17-2010, 07:24 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
[quote=boanerges;16684503]i have been wondering why the ETrs' don't understand what the UR believers believe, now i know why

Quote from Verna Perry on 11/15/2010, 10:21 PM from the
Hell - Eternal Torment or Annihilation...? thread post #401

if you don't read what they have to say how can you possibily know what they believe.
very telling[/quote]

...have you considered that there may be a "slight..?" chance that I've read (from November of 2008, up until about April of 2010) every single one of their 12 or so passages they've chosen that they can easily twist into what they want it to say that makes them feel good...?...and do you think there may be a "remote...?" possibility that I've read...listened...rebuked...argued...and battled over these same old! arguments for almost 2 years...?...and do you think I may have reason to be sick to death of it...?

Look, before you judge me, know what your talking about. Go back into the archives...way back...and begin reading them all and see the hours..and I mean 6 and 7 and 8 hours at a time on some days!!!...how I would stand my ground against their lies and twisting of Scripture...so YES~!!!~I DO! pass over more posts by them than I stop to read these days...because it's all the same crap!...over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...I choose my battles now. So when I come across one by them that sparks something in me to read, and I "feel it", then I respond...as the Spirit leads me.

..."don't understand what they believe...?"...are you kidding me...?!! ...I understand allright...more than I ever knew I would!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Meant the good that would come out of it.
No it says meant it for good, do you really believe Joseph's brothers caught God by suprise in doing what they did, that he ended up in Egypt,then thrown into prison though he was a man of integrity, only to be become prime minister of Egypt or whatever title he was given ?.
Or do you believe that God was in control of his own plan and never not in control to fulfill his purposes.

Please do not think i am debating this from a UR perspective, you will be wasting your time, forget that i believe in UR .

Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM

Lightbulb The purpose of evil

Quote:
God has never desired or wanted evil.
Yes He did (within the wise councel of His DECRETIVE will), which is that which MUST occur because God intends to tranform evil's temporary existence into something better for everyone.

Everything HAS to happen the way that it does, including all of our attempts to assist it, or prevent it from happening.

Theologically that is called God's DECRETIVE will.

It is God's DECRETIVE will, which is that which MUST occur, that we temporarily oppose God's PRECEPTIVE will which is that which we OUGHT to do.

The end result of this interplay between good and evil will eventually bring glory to God, and blessing to all of His creatures.

THE PURPOSE OF EVIL – A.P. Adams
evil.html

Old 11-17-2010, 08:04 AM

Lightbulb The corollary to my belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
..."don't understand what URs believe...?"...are you kidding me...?!! ...I understand alright...more than I ever knew I would!
THE COROLLARY TO MY BELIEFS

I'm convinced that it's only a matter of time till everyone changes their mind and thinks like I do.

After ETers, and ANers, and FPers say all they can about what God will not do, He is going to do it anyway.

For me the corollary to my belief in universal transformation is just as important as the belief itself. The corollary is that when the chips are down and I am overwhelmed by life's negatives to the point where I can't make my wonderful theology work for me in a practical way, yet even that sorry state of affairs is something that God will eventually transform into something better for me that it temporarily prevailed.

And I believe that God will eventually change the fact that most can't believe this theology yet into something better that they temporarily could not believe it.

God perfectly controls the interplay between good and evil, and eventually He will bring good out of it all for everyone without exception as He fits each one of us into His master plan in our own unique way.

Here's the way J. Preston Eby puts it

"When Christ ascended on high after His resurrection, He led many captives out of the pit and also set forth this greater purpose:
"Now that He ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, THAT HE MIGHT FILL ALL THINGS" (Eph. 4:9-10).

The message is clear - redemption does not include only the salvation of mankind, wonderful and glorious as that aspect is, but it also includes the complete transformation of the entire universe so that God shall FILL ALL THINGS.

There shall not be left one corner of this vast universe where He shall not be LORD AND KING.
EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE SHALL BE RESTORED TO THE BEAUTIFUL HARMONY AND ORDER OF THE LOVE OF GOD.

Indeed, HE SHALL FILL ALL THINGS SO THAT "GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL." And ALL will find its home again IN HIM.

This, precious friend, is the RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS!" (end of quote)
The Restitution of All Things: There Is One God; The Lord Our God Is One; All Things Created By God; All Things Created In Christ; All Things Out Of Him; The Unfragmented One; All Things Through Him; All Things Into Him; Restitution

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-17-2010 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: color

Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry;16684743[FONT=Georgia
..."don't understand what they believe...?"...are you kidding me...?!! ...I understand allright...more than I ever knew I would! [/font]

Oh, then you must intentionally misrepresent what they believe. And here we thought you was following the ten commandments perfectly, tsk tsk tsk.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Oh, then you must intentionally misrepresent what they believe. And here we thought you was following the ten commandments perfectly, tsk tsk tsk.
That's par for the course for all those who vehemently oppose UR.

I was a sinner(how on earth they believed they were is beyond me, to hear them talk) and Jesus was going to send me into eternal flames or annihilation , but i believed in him and now he's not sending me there anymore,but everyone else who does not believe they are a sinner and believes in Jesus is going there.

How did it ever come to this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity