Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Now you did it, you opened the door for Verna to tell you that you must not like seeing the word of God, now you're gonna burn in hell.
LOL ... Right.

I love the scriptures, especially these verses ... (among many others)

Psa 22:27
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

Psa 66:4
"All the earth will worship You, And will sing praises to You; They will sing praises to Your name." Selah.

Psa 67:4
Let the nations be glad and sing for joy; For You will judge the peoples with uprightness And guide the nations on the earth. Selah.

(Why should the people of the world sing for joy if Gods judgments amount to most of humanity being tortured and or annihilated?)

Psa 98:4
Shout to the LORD, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!

Psa 145:3-9
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made. <----------- !!!!!!
All you have made will praise you, O Lord; <----------- !!!!!!
your saints will extol you.

Isa 26:19
But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Isa 45:23
By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.

I think its funny how they just skipped right over this post without nary a peep.

Peace ...

Old 11-15-2010, 12:12 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Psa 22:27
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

Psa 66:4
"All the earth will worship You, And will sing praises to You; They will sing praises to Your name." Selah.

Psa 67:4
Let the nations be glad and sing for joy; For You will judge the peoples with uprightness And guide the nations on the earth. Selah.

(Why should the people of the world sing for joy if Gods judgments amount to most of humanity being tortured and or annihilated?)

Psa 98:4
Shout to the LORD, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!

Psa 145:3-9
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;

Isa 26:19
But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Isa 45:23
By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.
Wash, rinse, and repeat.

This deals with all the verses posted, and then some:

Universalism against itself

Last edited by sciotamicks; 11-15-2010 at 12:25 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
LOL ...

That is funny ...

How do you think your cutting and pasting the whole bible almost everytime you make a post makes us feel.
...why Ironmaw...you must not like the Word of God....hummmm...?......(I heard that somewhere...)

Those who are unbeliever's and reject the Word of God...when they die they won't forever fry...their soul is just dead...gone...no more.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
LOL ... Right.

I love the scriptures, especially these verses ... (among many others)

The Lord is good to all;
Did you see this ^^^ word right here Ironmaw...? Hummmmm...? Every single passage you quoted...THIS! is who they are speaking of...not a willfull, wicked sinner, who loves his/her sin more than they love God. It is to the beloved of God...the called...the Saints...none other. ...and thank you very much for pointing that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroonmaw
I think its funny how they just skipped right over this post without nary a peep.

Peace ...
..it's hilarious! isn't it...? No...just sick of the same 'ol Ironmaw...twisting the same passages over and over and over again...over 2 years now...it's done got old.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:09 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...why Ironmaw...you must not like the Word of God....hummmm...?......(I heard that somewhere...)

Those who are unbeliever's and reject the Word of God...when they die they won't forever fry...their soul is just dead...gone...no more.

Oh, but there are some in this forum that say if you believe that then you worship the wrong God and you will find out one day and you will be sorry. They will quote scriptures and say you are twisting them. Shame shame verna for not believing in the word of God.

Besides, after living on this wretched planet, who really cares about being gone where you know nothing, feel no pain, know no sorrow, know no suffering.

Sounds like a good deal, why should I be afraid of that?

wait for it.....

Old 11-15-2010, 04:33 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Quote:
Did you see this ^^^ word right here Ironmaw...? Hummmmm...? Every single passage you quoted...THIS! is who they are speaking of...not a willfull, wicked sinner, who loves his/her sin more than they love God. It is to the beloved of God...the called...the Saints...none other. ...and thank you very much for pointing that out! .it's hilarious! isn't it...? No...just sick of the same 'ol Ironmaw...twisting the same passages over and over and over again...over 2 years now...it's done got old.
Still posting the same old verses with the wrong interpretations of them . . . and still avoiding pcamp's question, Verna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps
So Verna in your mind what is Jesus is saying, when he says "You have heard it said, but i say unto you". ?
Please give a simple answer.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:35 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Default I think there are many people who feel that way

Quote:
Oh, but there are some in this forum that say if you believe that then you worship the wrong God and you will find out one day and you will be sorry. They will quote scriptures and say you are twisting them. Shame shame Verna for not believing in the word of God.
Besides, after living on this wretched planet, who really cares about being gone where you know nothing, feel no pain, know no sorrow, know no suffering.
Sounds like a good deal, why should I be afraid of that?
I think there are many, many people who feel that way Phazelwood.
Especially the very many who suffer intensely during this life time.

I'm just so glad that there is evidence that the truth is more glorious than that. I realize that annihilationists and FPCCs can't believe the following evidence, but URs rejoice in it!!

ETERNAL DEATH ANNIHILATION ONE STEP OUT OF HELL ONE STEP SHORT OF GLORY
Eternal Death (Conditional Mortality, Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

Old 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD Still posting the same old verses with the wrong interpretations of them . . . and still avoiding pcamp's question, Verna?

Originally Posted by pcamps
So Verna in your mind what is Jesus is saying, when he says "You have heard it said, but i say unto you". ?
Please give a simple answer.
Another prime example of a misinterpretation and misuse of the scripture to support UR. All Jesus is doing here is re-establishing what was "originally" laid down in the law, not the abuse thereof which was what it was diminished to.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot

Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him [again]

And thine eye shall not pity; [but] life [shall go] for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

This law was designed to take revenge and retribution out of the hands of private persons, and commit it to the judges, the ministers of God. It was abused in the opposite way to the commandments which were given to the Israelite nation and people.

"While they were reduced to the level of civil enactments, this judicial regulation was held to be a warrant for taking redress into their own hands, contrary to the injunctions of the Old Testament itself." - Brown

Over time, the religious teachers shuffled this command out of its proper arena and scope, a principle limiting retribution for the civil government, and put it in the wrong area, as an obligation in personal relationships, making it a private matter, rather than a public matter. If it remained as it were, it would be judicially exposed by the magistrates, the sons of God, the leaders and judges of the Jewish theocracy, with the complete defense and counsel of the Holy Ghost Himself. Jesus here is speaking about personal relationships, and not to the ordinances of the Jewish theocracy and their duty to restrain evil Romans 13:1-4.

In other words Jesus is saying.....

I must turn my cheek when I am personally insulted, but the government has a responsibility to restrain the evil man from physical assault. - David Guzik

Say not thou, I will recompense evil; [but] wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee

Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work

Let the truth stand in your way.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Now you did it, you opened the door for Verna to tell you that you must not like seeing the word of God, now you're gonna burn in hell.
Quote:

ROTFLMAO ....

Awesome ...

Old 11-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Did you see this ^^^ word right here Ironmaw...? Hummmmm...? Every single passage you quoted...THIS! is who they are speaking of...not a willfull, wicked sinner, who loves his/her sin more than they love God. It is to the beloved of God...the called...the Saints...none other. ...and thank you very much for pointing that out!
Silly woman, does the fact that the saints of God extol him change the fact that everything God has made will praise his name and worship him and that he will have compassion on everything that he has made?

As much as you might like to think so, it doesn't.

Quote:
..it's hilarious! isn't it...? No...just sick of the same 'ol Ironmaw...twisting the same passages over and over and over again...over 2 years now...it's done got old.
Its good to know that i have such an effect on you.

And i joined this forum earlier this year(or late last year), but I'm sure one and a half years of a person proving your false teachings to be the lie that they are must seem like more time than it has actually been.

Suck it up darling, I'm here to stay ... If the lord wills it. If not, im certain two or three more will replace me.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-15-2010 at 05:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity