Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
.Anyway changing the subject did you find time to have a gander at the "man hating God" response i posted ?.

Link it please.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,910 times
Can you guys slow down? I need to make some more pop corn.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:06 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,910 times
OK, continue...

Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Link it please.
Post 295 on this thread.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:42 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
HotinAZ as never said anything to convince me that he even understood UR,never mind dabbled with it. Just like a poster who recently tried telling us she converted from UR to ET , when pressed on it , it was obvious she never understood it never mind believed it.

Yes, sometimes some people just say things(even dishonestly) in order to discredit others beliefs.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Zealous for the Truth is all. Seems I have been battling false doctrines way too much as of late. UR being the #1 false doctrine.

Actually, they need a Physician, not a magician, which is what your doctrine is. Magic! Poof, you go from being damned to death, to everlasting life, without the need of well, anything. You say it is Jesus' blood that does this, but this without repentance, sanctification, or the purifying fire that takes place in THIS life. Because, you should know that if you do not have access to the TOL in THIS life, you DO NOT HAVE LIFE at ALL.

My heart is far from concrete, and for you to even say that about me makes you a name caller and a liar,, since it isn't true.
Well, anyone who claims to believe in eternal death and that most of the people on earth will be lost forever and that it is righteous justice must have a pretty hard heart if you ask me.

I used to have one too ... For many many years, and it began to fester within me until i had grown completely soul sick and vexed of spirit.

Many Christians go all there lives and never even come to understand the love of God for all people and his purpose which is the salvation of the world.

I don't believe you truly understand the nature of God, and that is why you are so vehemently opposed to even the idea that he will save all people.

Nowhere in the scriptures does it even come close to saying that one must repent and believe and be purified by fire in this life before they die in order to be saved.

You all just assume that because you have been programmed all your life to believe that God will only save a small few of the worlds inhabitants and that the rest are just trash worthy of nothing but being literally burned, and therefore you believe it is righteous justice and Gods intent for most of humanity, and always has been.

The fire of Gods judgments is for the sole purpose of purification, whether one is cleansed now in this life, or after the resurrection.

One day you will look back on how you believe now and how you accuse us of being false teachers and you will be ashamed. You will feel sorry for not hoping and believing that God can and will save all people.

By the way, we don't call it magic, we call it a miracle, like turning water into wine. What did the water do in order that it could become wine? Nothing, it was all the work of Christ and his faith, just like the salvation of the world.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:03 PM

701 posts, read 800,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Judas Iscariot will see the mercy of God just like everyone else will:

1 Timothy 2:3-4

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Yes Ilene, it is God's will that all men be saved, and Judas was offered the salvation of Calvary along with everyone else. But, what people in the UR camp fail to realize is that God's will is not always done on this earth. It was never God's will for A/E to eat that fruit, but they did. Have you ever stopped to consider the Lord's Prayer? If God's will is always done why on earth are why instructed to pray for God's will to be done "on Earth, as it is in Heaven"? Would that seam to indicate that here on Earth, God's will is not being done? The love of God is a self sacrificing love. What so many people seem to forget is that God will surrender His will to honor our will, that is how great His love is. I agree that His love is great enough to save all, Calvary certainly showed us that it is that strong and powerful, but that doesn't mean that His love will save all, because there are some who simply don't want salvation, as sad as that is. God's love is so self-sacrificing that when people declare that to be their wish, He allows to to go that way despite it being against His will.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:06 PM

One day every being in the creation will bow and worship willingly before Christ and joyously confess him as lord to the glory of the father. One day every being will sing and celebrate his name, wether in heaven or on earth or under the earth or on and in the sea.

I know many of you Christians simply cant accept this and believe it to be true, just like unbelievers.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:07 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times
Quote:
Post 295 on this thread.
Post 299 i believe i responded.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Yes Ilene, it is God's will that all men be saved, and Judas was offered the salvation of Calvary along with everyone else. But, what people in the UR camp fail to realize is that God's will is not always done on this earth. It was never God's will for A/E to eat that fruit, but they did. Have you ever stopped to consider the Lord's Prayer? If God's will is always done why on earth are why instructed to pray for God's will to be done "on Earth, as it is in Heaven"? Would that seam to indicate that here on Earth, God's will is not being done? The love of God is a self sacrificing love. What so many people seem to forget is that God will surrender His will to honor our will, that is how great His love is. I agree that His love is great enough to save all, Calvary certainly showed us that it is that strong and powerful, but that doesn't mean that His love will save all, because there are some who simply don't want salvation, as sad as that is. God's love is so self-sacrificing that when people declare that to be their wish, He allows to to go that way despite it being against His will.

We are instructed to pray that Gods will be done on earth because one day it will be. All of it ... Its just a matter of time before he completes his design for creation.

It is unfortunate that most Christians believe that God made some sort of Cosmic mistake by allowing sin and death into the world instead of realizing that it was part of the plan all along.

God is in control, and he will accomplish his purpose and he will accomplish all that he desires, regardless of whether or not you believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity