Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Ok, you stick with the steak, and I will stick with the Bread from heaven.
Don't forget to have milk with that bread:

Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:49 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
First of all, I don't believe there is such a thing as an "unbiased" website.

."

Gary's entire exposition can be read here
Eternal Death (Conditional Mortality, Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

I'll stick with sirloin steak thank you.

Exactly Rodger "wherever your treasure is, there lies your heart".

And to show that i am fully persuaded of the truth of UR and completely biased to it(because i believe it by faith), i left your link on your post i'm quoting

Old 11-10-2010, 12:12 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Default The genuine bread from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Ok, you stick with the steak, and I will stick with the Bread from heaven.
THE GENUINE BREAD FROM HEAVEN

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST THAT HE IS GOING TO SAVE EVERYONE
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Old 11-10-2010, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,782 times
How many ways to eternal life? That would depend on whether you're asking Christ Jesus or satan! The State of the Dead and The Fate of the Wicked: The False Doctrine of Hell and Eternal Torment Exposed - Letters From God and His Christ

Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM

Lightbulb Annihilation versus universal salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape7777777 View Post
How many ways to eternal life? That would depend on whether you're asking Christ Jesus or satan! The State of the Dead and The Fate of the Wicked: The False Doctrine of Hell and Eternal Torment Exposed - Letters From God and His Christ
Agape, here is a quote from that article.
Question: Is the fate of the wicked eternal consciousness in torment, or do they ultimately perish?
Answer: The unrepentant wicked, who reject the forgiveness and lordship of YahuShua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ), and are cast into the Lake of Fire, will be utterly destroyed and no longer exist.

Agape,
You might like to be aware of why some of us think that the Bible teaches universal salvation rather than annihilation.
ETERNAL DEATH ANNIHILATION ONE STEP OUT OF HELL ONE STEP SHORT OF GLORY
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/EternalDeath.html

Old 11-13-2010, 07:41 PM

Lightbulb THE KIND OF GOD THAT URs SEE IN THE BIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
to show that i am fully persuaded of the truth of UR and completely biased to it (because i believe it by faith), i left your link on your post i'm quoting
Eternal Death (Conditional Mortality, Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

Thanks pcamps.

It's interesting how so many have testified that the contents of that link has been a great blessing to them since they too have been able to "believe it by faith," and yet there are a few (especially ETers, annihilationists, and FPCCers) who have no desire to even investigate its contents.

How bleesed we are to be among those who can rejoice in the perception that, because of what Christ accomplished by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of His cross, sooner or later, God will save everyone who needs saving from everyhting from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 PM

701 posts, read 800,848 times
This is a subject that I have certainly gained a new perspective of since reading a book 'Finding the Father' by a guy named Herb Montgomery and listening to a series he did called Life Unlimited (his website is renewedheartministries.com).

I will try to summarize a portion of what I learned, and how my perspective has slightly changed. I used to think of the final destruction of the wicked, as an overt act carried out by God, but now I don't necessarily see that as being the case. Anyone who has ever felt guilt knows that it can be quite a heavy burden to bear and can be emotionally and even physically draining. In fact I know that there have been people so racked with guilt that it has caused physical suffering to a great degree and once even caused a man's death. Christ experienced the guilt of humanity's sin and it crushed the life right out of Him on the cross. At the cross every single human being to ever live was forgiven of all their sin. the funny thing about forgiveness though is that if you don't believe you are forgiven, then you will still feel guilty for your sin. Have you ever had that happen? Where you wronged somebody, and they said they forgave you, but you still felt guilty, until eventually through the persons repeated gestures of kindness you realized you were truly forgiven and the weight of that guilt was lifted. What if you never believed in the forgiveness? Then that guilt would always be there. Maybe not always on the surface, but when a situation arose, that reminded you of what you had done, that guilt would come back to the surface and bother you. You see the reason that god calls us to repentance, isn't so that he can change His attitude towards us from one of condemnation to one of acceptance. He calls us to repentance so that He can effect a change in us that frees us from the burden of guilt and condemnation. the guilt and condemnation we felt wasn't from God but was an effect of sin. God loves us and already forgave us at Calvary, but until we repent we carry that guilt around ourselves. Christ does not say love me or I'll kill you. He came to let us know that sin will kill us, but He can save us all from that fate if we let Him.

there have long been discussions here and elsewhere about those that go to Heaven vs those that go to Hell, and it wasn't until recently that I was shown that Heaven and Hell are not 2 separate places. Heaven is anywhere in the full presence of God. Hell is anywhere in the full presence of God. You see God never changes. He has always loved us, and at Calvary He forgave all of us. If we believe in and accept God's forgiveness, it enables God to work on our hearts and change us so that we are freed of our guilt. With that guilt removed, we are able to stand in the presence of God and bask in all His glory. However, if a person has chosen to reject Calvary's gift and hold onto their guilt, then when they find themselves in the presence of God, His glory will make them acutely aware of all that guilt and it will be more than they can bear. The weight of that guilt will literally crush the life out of them, and there will be nothing left but a corpse. Fire will simply be the means with which God disposes of all the corpses, and cleanses the earth so that it can be made new.

People seem to think that there is nothing that God cannot do, but they are very wrong. The Bible makes it clear that, at the very least, God cannot lie. God also cannot do that which cannot be done, such as making a square triangle. Love cannot be forced without ceasing to be love. Same goes with acceptance. God's forgiveness is freely offered to all who will accept it, but sadly God cannot force anyone to accept it. Annihilation is not God's choice, it is the choice of those who refuse God's choice.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM

Lightbulb The power of god's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
I will try to summarize a portion of what I learned.
Annihilation is not God's choice, it is the choice of those who refuse God's choice.
Thanks for your summary HalfNelson.
Now here is why others of us believe that the Bible teaches universal salvation rather than annihilation.

ANNIHILATION VERSUS CHRISTIAN BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM

Quote:
God's forgiveness is freely offered to all who will accept it, but sadly God cannot force anyone to accept it.
Sooner or later everyone will accept God's forgiveness, not being forced against their will, but rather because they become convinced that God has their best interests at heart. That is how powerful God's love really is!
THE POWER OF GOD'S LOVE
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-13-2010 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-13-2010, 09:18 PM

701 posts, read 800,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Thanks for your summary HalfNelson.
Now here is why others of us believe that the Bible teaches universal salvation rather than annihilation.

ANNIHILATION VERSUS CHRISTIAN BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM

Sooner or later everyone will accept God's forgiveness, not being forced against their will, but rather because they become convinced that God has their best interests at heart. That is how powerful God's love really is!
THE POWER OF GOD'S LOVE
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Then let me ask this, Why is there any mention in scripture about "the lost"? Why did Christ ever issue any warning about being lost? We know that Judas did not believe he was forgiven, guilt drove him to hang himself. If everyone is going to be saved regardless, then why are we still here? Why don't we just nuke the whole planet so we can get to the cleansing already? I know the whole "God's love will save everybody" sounds all nice and rosie but it isn't the reality of the situation. God knows that, and that is why he is working so hard that none should be lost, even though He knows that many will be.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Lightbulb God's plan for the ages of time

Quote:
Then let me ask this, Why is there any mention in scripture about "the lost"? Why did Christ ever issue any warning about being lost? We know that Judas did not believe he was forgiven, guilt drove him to hang himself. If everyone is going to be saved regardless, then why are we still here? Why don't we just nuke the whole planet so we can get to the cleansing already? I know the whole "God's love will save everybody" sounds all nice and rosie but it isn't the reality of the situation. God knows that, and that is why he is working so hard that none should be lost, even though He knows that many will be.
First the first fruits of election, the remnant chosen by grace out of each generation will be saved. Then, all of the non-elect will be saved later.

Here are two biblical expositions that expound that belief.

GOD'S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

and

REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
GOD ALL IN ALL
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity