Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 04:28 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth. Revelation 18:24.
That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation

Sounds like you have your themes mixed up.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 11-05-2010 at 04:37 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Some people love their deep fried doctrine of eternal torture, or their fat free doctrine of annihilation ...

lol eternal torment doctrine is the original set it and forget it rotisserie.

Set the unbeliever in eternal torment of the lake of fire and somehow miraculously just forget they are in there (sorry to be explicit but your unbelieving loved ones too) ????

Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You make false claims as usual ... In the first five hundred years the majority of Christians believed and taught Universal Salvation. Only after Rome made Christianity the state religion did the doctrine of UR become marginalized and the doctrine of ET made the orthodox teaching of the Roman Church.

That is the truth, and those are the facts ...

The fundamentalist Futurists dispensationalists would reproach you and isolate you as well simply for being a preterist, were it not for the fact that you support them in their teaching that UR is false doctrine here on this forum.

On Youtube, the christian backlash against full preterism is much more apparent say, than it is here on City-Data. Just because they dont say it, being that you are one of the more vocal attackers of biblical Christian universalism, doesn't mean they dont think it. Its one of those, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, type of deals ... Until you go to a forum where Universalism is not even allowed to be discussed, such as the Christian Forum over on CARM, though CARM has its own preterists as well who defend the position ... Then you would be reproached.

Not to mention the fact that i have seen other threads here where it was said outright that preterism was a false doctrine and those who teach it false teachers, so i don't even know what you are talking about.

You wrote ...
Tantamount to what? ...

I believe that it is your hermeneutic and your exegesis are flawed, more than many others in fact.

I have not failed, i have succeeded in seeing that the promise of the Good news is for all people, and for all nations. You are the one who fail to recognize the complete and absolute victory of Christ over sin and death and throughout all creation, and his complete success in accomplishing everything that God sent him to do, which was to accomplish his desires, which is that all people be saved.

You say, mankind in not saved ... Yet the scriptures teach implicitly and specifically without any room for misunderstanding that not only is Christ the savior of the world, but that he is the savior of all people.

What you call proper exegesis and consistent hermeneutics is what i call twisting the scriptures to make them say what you have been taught to believe that they are saying(or what you want to believe they are saying).

You say that if a person dies before they believe on Christ they will never be resurrected, yet again the scriptures teach specifically of the resurrection of the wicked and unbelieving. You just keep reinventing the Gospel as you see fit ... It doesnt change the truth.

And you deny the resurrection even of those that believe ...

Your false teachings are obvious enough for everyone to see ...
I am reproached among Preterists too...but I am not crying....the truth hurts sometimes.....Preterism is dead in my opinion...I have gone much farther than little old preterism.....what you offer is not consistent...simple as that. ...what you offer is woodenly literal.
More rhetoric you provide.....no meat....provide scripture..then we will talk, but other than that...your posts are full of hot air....and accusatory remarks....you started throwing the stones here Ironmaw....I was simply giving and opinion based on evidence...the fruit is evident with you once again....you cannot even be consistent with the theological themes. You have no other place to go other than here or at tentmaker...I wonder why?

Kosmos ...shall we revisit?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I am reproached among Preterists too...but I am not crying....the truth hurts sometimes.....Preterism is dead in my opinion...I have gone much farther than little old preterism.....what you offer is not consistent...simple as that. ...what you offer is woodenly literal.
More rhetoric you provide.....no meat....provide scripture..then we will talk, but other than that...your posts are full of hot air....and accusatory remarks....you started throwing the stones here Ironmaw....I was simply giving and opinion based on evidence...the fruit is evident with you once again....you cannot even be consistent with the theological themes. You have no other place to go other than here or at tentmaker...I wonder why?

Kosmos ...shall we revisit?
Actually there are a few other places to go, but you are right about one thing ...

Biblical Christian Universalism and the evidences which support it both scripturally and historically are so profound and do so much to threaten the powers that be and have been in control of the church for more than 14 hundred years and their reign of terror over the masses that many Corporate Christian associations refuse even to allow the topic of Christian Universalism to be broached.

But the internet is doing much to break the silence and censorship which the orthodox and fundamentalist Christian leaders have for so long forced on the subject in order to keep their power. Their high castles of power and the doctrines of demons they have built them on are on the verge of crashing down around their heads.

I think it is always entertaining when people get all victimized and play the persecuted when the tables are turned on them, and their claims of others teaching false doctrines comes back to them. As if you were being repressed, or threatened with death and annihilation, or death and everlasting torture ...

Also, notice that my post above was a direct answer to one of your previous posts wherein you did nothing but talk rhetoric while providing no scriptural evidences? Or did that fact escape you?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:57 PM

Christian Universalists are so violent!

They persecute everyone who does not believe that God will have all people to be saved, by threatening them with promises of eventual salvation and with threats that God will inevitably heal them of their sin and unbelief !???!

How dare Biblical Christian Universalists tell people that they all will be saved!

How dare they threaten the world with promises of eventual absolute peace and harmony throughout all creation for every being who will ever be created by God !???!

How dare they teach that God loves all people and will not quit on any of us and will go to whatever lengths necessary to reconcile us all to himself so that we will be reconciled with him thereby one day ?!!!?

Its diabolical I tell you !!!!

Straight from the literal fiery hell that doesn't even really exist !!!!

Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Sciota, you said "you are reproached among preterists too". is that over eschatology ?

By the way I know we lock horns but i still respect you .

Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

Sounds like you have your themes mixed up.
There is nothing new under the sun.

It wasn't only that generation that killed the saints and the prophets. The Protestant church believed, until recently, that Rome was the whor*. Isn't that kinda why we got the Reformation? Here's a good little study on the matter: http://www.wordiq.com/definition/whor*_of_Babylon (http://www.wordiq.com/definition/*****_of_Babylon - broken link)

The whor* is a religious spirit that lives in the religious system which binds itself to the world and uses it's weapons, not God, to protect itself, just like the Jews did, and it has always killed those who truly want peace. It cries peace, peace, when it does nothing other than to promote chaos through it's actions, greed and deceptions. It calls peacemakers hippies, idiots, and sissies, though Christ said, "Blessed are the peacemakers." The system wants brawny beastly characters. It wants to kick ass. So the people sit in the pews talking about peace, love and joy, but they are connected to the biggest baddest machine ever to hit this planet.

It's all about the power, in the end; who's got it and who doesn't. The system uses pawns wherever they can get them from.

Using the doctrine of the eternal damnation of your soul from a god who "loves" is a good game. The Muslims use it, and the Christians use it. Can we say the gods of war?

Last edited by herefornow; 11-05-2010 at 05:16 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,200 times
Default There are many dozens of ur websites

Quote:
You have no other place to go other than here or at tentmaker...I wonder why?
You have to be kidding.

I have a document listing many dozens of UR websites whose purpose it is to show that a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches Christian Biblical Universalism.

Here is a sample - Richard Garganta's website
UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
Universal Salvation University

Old 11-05-2010, 05:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sciota, you said "you are reproached among preterists too". is that over eschatology ?

Ditto that, sciotamicks.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Ditto that, sciotamicks.
Ill third that ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity