Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 06:31 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Interesting isn't it! I went to Bible school with an ETer who believes that universalist Christians are going to spend eternity in hell simply because we don't believe in eternal hell.

It's as if he thought that ET is our saviour, not Jesus.

BTW, you forgot the Muslims legoman.

Millions of Muslims are taught that Christians are going to suffer forever in hell.
"Non-Muslims (kafir), however, will be punished in hell eternally"
quoted from
Islamic Belief about the Afterlife
The Afterlife in Islam - ReligionFacts

A Muslim missionary called me on my ministry phone in response to my newspaper ad “HELL IS NOT ENDLESS.”
(I have sent out many hundreds of packets of free literature to people who responded to these ads that I have put in two of Toronto’s largest newspapers since 1981.)

The Muslim missionary said “Unless you convert to Islam you WILL go to hell.”

I said, “That’s what Christians say about those who don’t convert to Christianity.”

He said, “But the difference is that Islam has the truth.”

I said, “That’s what Christians say about their beliefs.”

He said, “After you die you will learn that the Koran is the word of God and Islam has the truth.”

I said, “I guess I’ll just have to wait until then to find out for sure.”

He said, “But it will be too late for you then.”

I laughed and said, “That’s exactly what the Christians say.”

I don’t think he thought it was funny.

It seems that we are supposed to believe that millions of Muslims, by sheer “accident” of birth, are born into a belief system that teaches their children that even to consider Christianity to be the truth will land them in an eternity of suffering in hell.

The poor little Muslim kids don't have much of a "chance" of escaping the effect of that kind of psychological pressure as they become adults.

I know, because as a child I suffered greatly, and later in life too, from the same threats of eternal hell from the ET people in my life that I had relied on to tell me the truth.

That is why I am so thankful for testimonies like Charles Slagle's
ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST
absolute assurance in jesus christ
You have peaked my curiousity about your advertising. I have been wanting to see message of universalism get taken to higher decible. Can you privately send me more information on your efforts or where I can find more information?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:59 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Thumbs up Torturing doubts and exultant faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God calls Muslims too, and hundreds of thousands of Muslims have seen the light and come to Christ. Praise the Lord.
But you believe that millions of them are going to suffer forever in hell don't you Finn, just like they believe that all Christians are going to suffer forever in hell, is that not right? Yes or no Finn?

quoted from

BTW, hundreds of thousands of non-Muslims have become Muslims too, and you think they are all going to suffer forever in hell don't you Finn?
Yes or no Finn?

I'm so glad for the Bible truth as I see it expressed in this link.
Without it I would be locked away in a mental hospital for the rest of my life.
TORTURING DOUBTS AND EXULTANT FAITH
biblical studies: Torturing Doubts and Exultant Faith

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-30-2010 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-30-2010, 07:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
But you believe that millions of them are going to suffer forever in hell don't you Finn, just like they believe that all Christians are going to suffer forever in hell, is that not right? Yes or no Finn?
I will leave their judgment to God. In the meanwhile I will continue to spread the good news about Jesus while I live and while they live.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I will leave their judgment to God. In the meanwhile I will continue to spread the good news about Jesus while I live and while they live.
It's a yes or no question Finn. Why can't you answer it yes or no?

You believe that millions of Muslims are going to suffer forever in hell don't you Finn, just like they believe that all Christians are going to suffer forever in hell, is that not right? Yes or no Finn?

quoted from

IMO the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action on this earth is that you can believe like you do and not go stark raving mad.

Am I being over dramatic?
I think not.
See
Fruit from the Teaching of Hell
and
consequences

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-30-2010 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: colour

Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
MORE SPECIFICALLY READ THE LAST HALF OF POST #701 starting at
"Due to the influence of the reasoning of Augustine, the church council voted to make eternal torment an official church doctrine in the sixth century."

And also read this
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”
I don't care what the church voted. The wording found in Matthew existed long before Augustine. The Jesus Christ of the Bible made eternal torment official long before the church ever existed. If you want to blame someone then blame the source. Jesus Christ.

Matthew 25:46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

The worlds top Biblical Scholars, and almost every Bible translation on earth reads this way. Only the cults would dare mess with this wording. Only those who value their doctrine over the Word of God would imbrace such a belief. And that is why I believe all of those here who oppose the wording of (ETERNAL TORMENT) are nothing more than closet Jehovah's Witnesses. And because this one group could not agree with the Bible. They had to write their own personal translation. And like butchers they took out every key verse or word that did not agree with their doctrine. And even when World Renowned Greek scholars protested their deliberate Biblical perversions. They ignored them. And now they pass on their perverted translation, as if it had something to do with God's actual Word.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:19 AM

Lightbulb Knowing the real jesus

In my opinion, ETers are God's vessels of the grossest dishonor.
But I am also confident that God will sooner or later refashion you into a vessel of honor.
Jeremiah 18:4-6

God needs vessels of dishonor as a foil to contrast what He is really like.
KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Notice that the vessel of dishonor in marred in the Potter's hands.
The marred vessel never leaves the Potter's hands.
That's why I am confident that eventually you ETers are going to be ok.

Some day you are going to be able to believe like the author of this link does.

And you will learn where the doctrine of endless punishment really came from.

THE ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF THE DOCTRINE OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT
The Origin and History of the Doctrine of Endless Punishment

Old 12-01-2010, 04:35 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:

IMO the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action on this earth is that you can believe like you do and not go stark raving mad.
Amen to that!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:24 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
In my opinion, ETers are God's vessels of the grossest dishonor.
But I am also confident that God will sooner or later refashion you into a vessel of honor.
Jeremiah 18:4-6

God needs vessels of dishonor as a foil to contrast what He is really like.
KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Notice that the vessel of dishonor in marred in the Potter's hands.
The marred vessel never leaves the Potter's hands.
That's why I am confident that eventually you ETers are going to be ok.

Some day you are going to be able to believe like the author of this link does.

And you will learn where the doctrine of endless punishment really came from.

THE ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF THE DOCTRINE OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT
The Origin and History of the Doctrine of Endless Punishment

And in my opinion people who refuse to believe in the clear teachings of Christ. Are people who basically are calling God a liar. When Jesus tells us that the lost will enter enternal punishment. They will tell you, this is not true. And they draw these beliefs by perverting the wording of the Bible. And when Greek Scholars point such mistakes out to them. They ignore them, just as they ignore Christ's teachings. Only the off the wall cults push such perversions. And they have been doing this for years.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 AM

Lightbulb Pick the viewpoint you think glorifies god the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And in my opinion people who refuse to believe in the clear teachings of Christ. Are people who basically are calling God a liar. When Jesus tells us that the lost will enter enternal punishment. They will tell you, this is not true. And they draw these beliefs by perverting the wording of the Bible. And when Greek Scholars point such mistakes out to them. They ignore them, just as they ignore Christ's teachings. Only the off the wall cults push such perversions. And they have been doing this for years.
Interested readers will decide for themselves after examining the evidence that is available.

Dozens of Greek scholars demonstrate how the ET Greek scholars are wrong.

THE FOLLOWING HAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE TRUE REGARDING THE DEBATE ABOUT ETERNAL TORMENT

The argument about “eternal hell” nearly always gets bogged down with the words, “My Greek scholars are more reliable than your Greek scholars,” and the result is nearly always a stalemate.

My Greek scholars are Louis Abbott and the many Greek scholars he quotes in chapters three and twelve of
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
An Analytical Study of Words

Also see
TIME AND ETERNITY A BIBLICAL STUDY
TIME AND ETERNITY: A Biblical Study

Also see
THE SCHOLAR’S CORNER FOR THE STUDY OF BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM
Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism

If you think it glorifies God more to let some of His creatures suffer forever, or annihilate them, then you keep believing that.

But if you think it glorifies God more to eventually meet everyone on the level of their greatest and deepest need which is a change in their stubborn will, then know that there is plenty of evidence in the Bible that that is exactly what God is like.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM

309 posts, read 363,214 times
We hear this....from you Finn...

Quote:
But then we hear this from this OTHER guy named Finn....

Quote:
I will lump URs and the JWs there too since they do not preach the truth IMO.

Then we let Finn come to our rescue to say this......

Quote:
Let's allow God to judge my relationship with Him, shall we?
But this Finn keeps on saying stuff like....

Quote:
I know………who are saved
But we have already heard these words from Finn....
Quote:
Let's allow God to judge my relationship with Him, shall we?
Moderator cut: deleted quote

Moderator cut: Orphaned reference

Last edited by june 7th; 12-01-2010 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity