Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 11:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
We hear this....from you Finn...

But then we hear this from this OTHER guy named Finn....

Then we let Finn come to our rescue to say this......

But this Finn keeps on saying stuff like....

But we have already heard these words from Finn....

Moderator cut: deleted quote

Moderator cut: Orphaned reference
Finn, Finn, Finn, Finn..... you, you, you.... me, me, me.....

Yes, I will allow God to judge me and everyone else. If you have a problem with that, then it's your problem, not mine.

Now go chase someone else around because I already told you I am not interested in your games

Old 12-01-2010, 11:51 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Question You never did answer my "yes" or "no" question Finn

You never did answer my "yes" or "no" question Finn.
Is there a reason for that?

Could it be that you can't stomach facing up to the horrific ramifications of your belief?

During the past several decades Islam has been a faster growing religion than Christianity. In fact they have almost caught up to Chritianity in numbers. I can give you a link that shows that if you like.

If you had the bad luck of being born a Muslim child it is probable that you would spend your lifetime believing that all Christians will spend eternity in hell.

So it's a yes or no question that I am asking you Finn.
Why can't you answer it yes or no?

Here it is again.

You believe that millions of Muslims are going to suffer forever in hell don't you Finn, just like Muslims believe that all Christians are going to suffer forever in hell, is that not right? Yes or no Finn?

"Non-Muslims (kafir), however, will be punished in hell eternally"
quoted from
Islamic Belief about the Afterlife
The Afterlife in Islam - ReligionFacts

IMO the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action on this earth is that you can believe like you do and not go stark raving mad.

Am I being over dramatic?
I think not. Here's why.
See
Fruit from the Teaching of Hell
and
consequences

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-01-2010 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: highlighting

Old 12-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post

Could it be that you can't stomach facing up to the horrific ramifications of your belief?
No, I don't respond to demands. That's all. If people don't like my answers, then I shrug and move on.

The only reason Islam is growing is because their birth rate is higher. Their conversion rates do not come anywere near to Christian conversion rates.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:56 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:

Could it be that you can't stomach facing up to the horrific ramifications of your belief
I don't think many people can. It's very difficult to break down into your last comfort zone and be built up again. Especially when one believes they have already done so in the past and will never have to do it again.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:08 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Question Oh, you mean God might win more than the devil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The only reason Islam is growing is because their birth rate is higher. Their conversion rates do not come anywere near to Christian conversion rates.
Oh, you mean God might win more than the devil?
Wow! Good for God eh!

But what about when you add all the other millions in the other non-Christian religions, and the atheists and the agnostics too?
I'll bet the devil is going to win the majority after all. Don't you think so Finn?

Quote:
If people don't like my answers, then I shrug and move on.
To paraphrase the words of the Sundance Kid,
"You keep shrugging Finn. That's what you're good at."
Your shrugging speaks volumes!

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-01-2010 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't think many people can. It's very difficult to break down into your last comfort zone and be built up again. Especially when one believes they have already done so in the past and will never have to do it again.
This is what I was talking about in my other post a few pages back.

When I believed in eternal torment for 30 years, there were certain things I just didn't talk about or discuss. Like what you bring up for example: what would have happened if I was born a Muslim.

You just can't approach these kind of questions with any kind of reason or logic without coming to the conclusion that eternal torment is false.

But Finn doesn't seem to like reason or logic.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:

My approach is different. I allow the Holy Spirit guide me. I know others who have been led astray by "logic". You and I will never understand God 100%.
1. How do you know it is the Holy Spirit is guiding you? It brings peace, love, and joy. Oh yeah that's right - you are completely at peace with the fate of billions who will suffer forever. Is that logical and reasonable?

2. This is where logic and reason become important. You do realize without logic or reason we could not even have this conversation? Logic and reason are good things Finn. In fact the truth is based on logic. 2+2=4 ; that is truth. And it can be proven logically.

God is good, all-powerful, the very definition of love, and lets people be tormented forever. That is completely illogical, and thus NOT truth.

You seem to have an aversion to logic - perhaps you should look into it a bit more. I'm not talking about "logic" AKA backwards illogical thoughts; but simple logic that says a square cannot be a circle, 2+2 must equal 4, and an all-powerful good being would not create creatures knowing their ultimate fate would be infinite pain. These are simple concepts any can understand if they would only user their brain and reasoning functions.

Come let us reason together...

Old 12-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
To paraphrase the words of the Sundance Kid, "You keep shrugging Finn. That's what you're good at."
Your shrugging speaks volumes!
Well, I think that does it. The URs have spoken in their language of mockery and childishness. It never fails.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
When I believed in eternal torment for 30 years, there were certain things I just didn't talk about or discuss. Like what you bring up for example: what would have happened if I was born a Muslim.

You just can't approach these kind of questions with any kind of reason or logic without coming to the conclusion that eternal torment is false.

But Finn doesn't seem to like reason or logic.
You can approach it with the language of the Bible, and the Bible is very clear that ALL unbelievers will be thrown in the lake of fire. Period.

But to repeatedly demand someone to judge whether or not someone is a believer, or not and who is going to hell and who is not is nonsense. It is childish nonsense, especially when it is ALWAYS followed by mockery, more childish comments and taunts. Why do URs always behave like that?

Unbelievers are thrown in the lake of fire, but I will let God decide who is a believer and who is not. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Are all Muslims unbelievers? HOW SHOULD I KNOW????? Do you know?

Old 12-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
1. How do you know it is the Holy Spirit is guiding you? It brings peace, love, and joy.
Yes, praise the Lord.

Quote:
This is where logic and reason become important
Some people rely logic and reason, and some rely in God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity