Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Sooner or later there will be no more death or suffering for anyone.

SALVATION OUT OF THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH
L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - part 2
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - Part 3
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire part 4
The scriptures do not teach that physical death or suffering will cease. The Lake of Fire is covenantal, does not pertain to those outside of covenantal status.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:36 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,200 times
Lightbulb All mankind is going to be saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The scriptures do not teach that physical death or suffering will cease. The Lake of Fire is covenantal, does not pertain to those outside of covenantal status.
According to the Bible, all mankind is going to be saved.

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-06-2010 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 11-06-2010, 06:53 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
According to the Bible, all mankind is going to be saved.

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World
According to the Bible it does not say that....you sure do love your doctrines of men!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:01 PM

Default Absolute assurance in jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
you sure do love your doctrines of men!
And of course, that is what we think of your doctrine.

Our doctrine sees that the Bible teaches that we can have ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE that God is going to save everyone.
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-06-2010 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 AM

Lightbulb Some folk might be glad to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You didn't read the study Eusebius, did you? (sigh) When you do, let's talk. Okay? Destroyed means destroyed.

I'd love for someone to actually read it. But thanks anyway.
Some folk might be glad to know about a different point of view.
I sure was!!

Is the Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction True?
The Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:27 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Exo 32:31 And Moses turneth back unto Jehovah, and saith, `Oh this people hath sinned a great sin, that they make to themselves a god of gold;
Exo 32:32 and now, if Thou takest away their sin--and if not--blot me, I pray thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.'

Moses would have rather been blotted out of the Book of Life if Annihilationism and Eternal Torment were true since in both of those doctrines God doesn't "takest away their sin".

Old 11-10-2010, 05:27 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,156,391 times
Quote:
Some folk might be glad to know about a different point of view.
I sure was!!

Is the Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction True?
The Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction.
Why would you look at a POV from a biased website, instead of looking at it from someone who actually believes this way. Try this link out:

The Destruction of the Finally Impenitent* by Clark H

Old 11-10-2010, 05:43 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Exo 32:31 And Moses turneth back unto Jehovah, and saith, `Oh this people hath sinned a great sin, that they make to themselves a god of gold;
Exo 32:32 and now, if Thou takest away their sin--and if not--blot me, I pray thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.'

Moses would have rather been blotted out of the Book of Life if Annihilationism and Eternal Torment were true since in both of those doctrines God doesn't "takest away their sin".
Amen!! Why is this so hard for folks to understand??

Old 11-10-2010, 05:45 AM

Question Why trade sirlion steak for hamburger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Why would you look at a POV from a biased website, instead of looking at it from someone who actually believes this way. Try this link out:
First of all, I don't believe there is such a thing as an "unbiased" website.

For me trying that link out would be like trading sirloin stake for hamburger.

In his exposition explaining why he changed from believing the Bible teaches annihilation to believeing that the Bible teaches universal salvation, Gary Amirault wrote
"When it comes to the final destination of the wicked, or unrighteous, Christians over the past two millenniums have divided themselves into three beliefs: 1. Eternal Torment, 2. Eternal Death (Annihilationism), and 3. Salvation of the whole world through Jesus Christ. Each of these views can be supported with Scriptures. Having been in all three groups, I know that there are sincere Bible centered believers in all of them. Obviously, all three cannot be true. Two of them have to be false."

Gary's entire exposition can be read here
Eternal Death (Conditional Mortality, Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

I'll stick with sirloin steak thank you.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-10-2010 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-10-2010, 11:40 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,156,391 times
Quote:
First of all, I don't believe there is such a thing as an "unbiased" website.

For me trying that link out would be like trading sirloin stake for hamburger.

In his exposition explaining why he changed from believing the Bible teaches annihilation to believeing that the Bible teaches universal salvation, Gary Amirault wrote
"When it comes to the final destination of the wicked, or unrighteous, Christians over the past two millenniums have divided themselves into three beliefs: 1. Eternal Torment, 2. Eternal Death (Annihilationism), and 3. Salvation of the whole world through Jesus Christ. Each of these views can be supported with Scriptures. Having been in all three groups, I know that there are sincere Bible centered believers in all of them. Obviously, all three cannot be true. Two of them have to be false."

Gary's entire exposition can be read here
Eternal Death (Conditional Mortality, Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

I'll stick with sirloin steak thank you.
Ok, you stick with the steak, and I will stick with the Bread from heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity