Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 09:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That's par for the course for all those who vehemently oppose UR.

I was a sinner(how on earth they believed they were is beyond me, to hear them talk) and Jesus was going to send me into eternal flames or annihilation , but i believed in him and now he's not sending me there anymore,but everyone else who does not believe they are a sinner and believes in Jesus is going there.

How did it ever come to this ?
Really how did it come to this ? Lord have mercy on us , no wonder the brokenhearted are still brokenhearted , the blind are still blind, the prisoners are still held captive, and the bruised are still bruised, if the above is passed off as the answer.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:20 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

Look, before you judge me, know what your talking about. Go back into the archives...way back...and begin reading them all and see the hours..and I mean 6 and 7 and 8 hours at a time on some days!!!...how I would stand my ground against their lies and twisting of Scripture...so YES~!!!~I DO! pass over more posts by them than I stop to read these days...because it's all the same crap!...
Amen sister...Wash Rinse and Repeat....

Quote:
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
my head is spinning......

Quote:
I choose my battles now.
Absolutely.

I got your back, Verna....anyday..

Old 11-17-2010, 09:30 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,200 times
Thumbs up Why we started to trust in jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
That would be no consolation to me.

“That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.”
Eph. 1:12

Why we started to trust in Jesus when we did start trusting in Him as our Savior.
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 6 - Judgment and Indignation

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Really how did it come to this ? Lord have mercy on us , no wonder the brokenhearted are still brokenhearted , the blind are still blind, the prisoners are still held captive, and the bruised are still bruised, if the above is passed off as the answer.
It really is sad, I have encountered many people who, despite saying they are saved, still doubt the wonderful power of Jesus Christ.

They are the true honest ones, at least while believing the doctrines that teach that God ultimatly won't or can't save everyone, they understand how little hope these doctines bring.

If God won't or can't save everyone and everyone better get it right or else, then the ones who think they have gotten it right still have no gaurantees that God will save them.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:

That won't do you much good. Most people who agree with Verna here or there do not realize that if you find an area where you disagree with her, then you simply are not believing the word of God and therefore are doomed.

But of course, your more than able to agree wholeheartedly with the church of Verna and hope you make it.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That won't do you much good. Most people who agree with Verna here or there do not realize that if you find an area where you disagree with her, then you simply are not believing the word of God and therefore are doomed.

But of course, your more than able to agree wholeheartedly with the church of Verna and hope you make it.
You assume too much and take against a sister in Christ. Her and I are divides apart on the timing of eschatology, but guess what Mr. Hazelwood... the themes are identical. There is always common ground amongst those who God is in approval with. That's how we grow.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Unfortunately, your theology, at least from what I have seen here and at Tentmaker, falls into the bolded word....precisely why Verna and I, fall into the underlined of Paul's command.
Precisely why myself, and select futurists on this site, band together, even Mike55. Because WE, as a body in Christ, are approved, and none of you will ever rest here, as long as we are here.

Talk about a City Data fulfillment of scripture!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
You assume too much and take sides with a sister in Christ. Her and I are divides apart on the timing of eschatology, but guess what Mr. Hazelwood... the themes are identical. There is always common ground amongst those who God is in approval with. That's how we grow.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Unfortunately, your theology, at least from what I have seen here and at Tentmaker, falls into the bolded word....precisely why Verna and I, fall into the underlined of Paul's command.

Yes I believe in Jesus Christ as saviour. If I am a heretic, so are you.

Problem is I make no assumptions, that is what Verna says, your disagreement means you do not believe all of the word of God. If she doesn't mean that for you, then she contradicts her own words dooming herself.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,200 times
Question How about you being in approval with God instead?

Quote:
There is always common ground amongst those who God is in approval with.
God is in approval with you?
WOW! Kudos to God eh!

How about you being in approval with God instead?

A great fifteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World
(NOT TENTMAKER)

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-17-2010 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: spacing

Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
God is in approval with you?
WOW! Kudos to God eh!

How about you being in approval with God instead?
This is a clear cut case of a Universalists rinsing the words that one has said to promote their paradigm...don't you understand English?...let me repost

Quote:
There is always common ground amongst those who God is in approval with.
Did you get that?

God is in approval with us, meaning we are in approval with God, meaning that God actively approves of us!

LOL

Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ as saviour. If I am a heretic, so are you.
No...I never said you were a heretic, I said your theology is heresy.
Maybe not all of it, but much of it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity