Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:53 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He didn't so it because he was angry, he did it because he is righteous. If he had not done what he said he would do if they ate the fruit, it would have made God a liar. God cannot lie.

The command: "but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Well, they ate the fruit, and died. The Bible says sin entered the world though them, and death enterd through sin.

And he also means it when he says this: the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
Thanks for that immature, mindless, unthinking regurgitation of the "precepts and doctrines of men" . . . wouldn't want you to strain your brain power by actually thinking about what you are saying and defending as the motivation of our loving Almighty God. Sheesh! If they didn't know about good and evil BEFORE they ate . . . that means they were ignorant and innocent. They were newly created living souls . . . that means they were infant living souls. You consider it a reasonable expectation that ignorant, innocent infants will not violate righteousness by disobedience??? That these kinds of immature expectations can have existed for over 2000 years utterly destroys my confidence in the intelligence and maturity of humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 04:00 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
"Regurgitation"...I don't see that word used often Mystic or this, "cathartic"......

Old 09-29-2010, 04:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks for that immature, mindless, unthinking regurgitation of the "precepts and doctrines of men" . . . wouldn't want you to strain your brain power by actually thinking about what you are saying and defending as the motivation of our loving Almighty God. Sheesh!
You are so nice and loving.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
You are so nice and loving.
To know me is to love me. I am absolutely nice and loving. But it seems that breaking through the intellectual barrier of primitive and immature indoctrination that has been promoted by perpetuating ignorance as a virtue and sign of faith for over 2000 years . . . requires something more. The atheists are winning the arguments against the obviously primitive and ignorant interpretations of God and our purpose. But . . . rather than revise the stupid "precepts and doctrines" of our ancestors using our vastly improved knowledge of virtually everything . . . the religions have stagnated around the immature fear motive and absurd stories that make up the evolution of our spiritual development . . . in a ridiculous attempt to justify them as history and science!

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-29-2010 at 05:17 PM..

Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
The atheists are winning the arguments against the obviously primitive and ignorant interpretations of God and our purpose. But . . . rather than revise the stupid "precepts and doctrines" of our ancestors using our vastly improved knowledge of virtually everything . . . the religions have stagnated around the immature fear motive and absurd stories that make up the evolution of our spiritual development . . . in a ridiculous attempt to justify them as history and science!
I am not here to win arguments against atheists. It is not about coming up with a winning argument, when it is a matter of faith. Either you believe, or you don't. I am not going to twist and disregard the word of God to win an argument against an atheist. You have got to be kidding me. What amazes me about atheists, is the fact that they spend their time and effort to fight something which they do not even believe exists.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:32 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,496 times
Quote:
I am not here to win arguments against atheists. It is not about coming up with a winning argument, when it is a matter of faith. Either you believe, or you don't. I am not going to twist and disregard the word of God to win an argument against an atheist. You have got to be kidding me. What amazes me about atheists, is the fact that they spend their time and effort to fight something which they do not even believe exists.
Quote:
To know me is to love me. I am absolutely nice and loving. But it seems that breaking through the intellectual barrier of primitive and immature indoctrination that has been promoted by perpetuating ignorance as a virtue and sign of faith for over 2000 years . . . requires something more. The atheists are winning the arguments against the obviously primitive and ignorant interpretations of God and our purpose. But . . . rather than revise the stupid "precepts and doctrines" of our ancestors using our vastly improved knowledge of virtually everything . . . the religions have stagnated around the immature fear motive and absurd stories that make up the evolution of our spiritual development . . . in a ridiculous attempt to justify them as history and science!
Mystic is by no means an atheist.
He is just as much Christian as you are!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Being from Rivendale .... you would know that the woodland elves knew of the power of one ring. And that one ring seeks to do it's master's calling. And yet that one ring was eventually destroyed by what was considered "the obviously primitive and ignorant interpretations" by likes of vastly improved knowledge of virtually everything ... Sauramon and Sauron.

The one ring that is decieving many today is that salvation from something within which nothing more than a works based faith. That teaching is from the fiery pits of hell and will destroy and betray anyone who puts it on.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Being from Rivendale .... you would know that the woodland elves knew of the power of one ring. And that one ring seeks to do it's master's calling. And yet that one ring was eventually destroyed by what was considered "the obviously primitive and ignorant interpretations" by likes of vastly improved knowledge of virtually everything ... Sauramon and Sauron.

The one ring that is decieving many today is that salvation from something within which nothing more than a works based faith. That teaching is from the fiery pits of hell and will destroy and betray anyone who puts it on.
You are deeply deluded and disturbed, Twin . . . Thank God His mercy and forgiveness is greater than your lack of love, retention of fear-based lies and rejection of His true nature as revealed by Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
You are deeply deluded and disturbed, Twin . . . Thank God His mercy and forgiveness is greater than your lack of love and retention of fear-based lies and rejection of His true nature as revealed by Jesus Christ our Saviour.
I was just going to post that as a reminder, but you beat me to it...

Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
He sure don't talk like one, having insults and disrespect dripping from every sentence, but who knows. If he is a Christian, then he is a Christian. Who am I to decide his faith? Anyway, I wasn't talking about his faith, I was replying to his comment about arguing with atheists, and "winning arguments" with them. If an atheist tries to convince me (as they often do) that Bible is nothing but a book of fiction full of inaccuraces, then he can have that argument. It is a waste of time to argue with some one who rejects everything you believe in. No atheist has ever made a persuasive argument against my faith or against the Bible. Never. Like I said, it amazes me how the atheists spend so much time and effort attacking something they do not believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity