Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:58 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The gift of God is not earnt , by obedience, any form of sorrow or obedience to any command, if it is earnt it is not a gift.
Those who don't believe in obedience will find out on Judgement Day that the blood of Jesus did not redeem them after all.

Matthew 7
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I [Jesus] profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
[25] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
[26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
[27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
[28] And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 01:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Those who don't believe in obedience will find out on Judgement Day that the blood of Jesus did not redeem them after all.

Matthew 7
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I [Jesus] profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
[25] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
[26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
[27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
[28] And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
This portion of scripture does not answer what i asked you .

His blood washes away the sins of the obedient. Where does it say this ?.

And where does it say this ? forgiveness is only granted to those with godly sorrow.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This portion of scripture does not answer what i asked you .

And where does it say this ? forgiveness is only granted to those with godly sorrow.
It's all throughout scripture. I could point them out, but it would probably fall on deaf ears.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
It's all throughout scripture. I could point them out, but it would probably fall on deaf ears.
No you can't because they are not there.

Here's a scripture for you to ponder

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.Ephesians 1:17

Redemption through his blood is not by our obedience like you would have us believe, but in accordance with the riches of God's grace.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,899 times
Quote:
The blood of animals was a substitute, or a token, of what was to come through the blood of Jesus.
Call it what you will, but it did not take away sin, as you earlier claimed it did: quote: "With the blood of animals"

Quote:
His blood washes away the sins of the obedient, not those of willful sinners.
If that be true, no one, including you or I, has their sins forgiven. But we know you're doctrines are not true:

Rom 5:6 For in our being still ailing, Christ in due time did die for the impious;

Quote:
Moreover, according to the Law, God had a harsh penalty for willful sinners, and the shedding of blood was not even commanded to help them -- and that's a token of the way it is under grace.
Again, more doctrine perverting the Gospel of Christ:

Rom 5:20 And law came in, that the offence might abound, and where the sin did abound, the grace did overabound,

Quote:
Thankfully, mercy is being granted under grace and forgiveness is only granted to those with godly sorrow.
Not so my friend. God is justifying the ungodly and the impious ones right now. God is said to justify the impious, those without godly sorrow and who are actively working sin and lawlessness:

Rom 4:5 and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous the impious, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

The real issue with Rom 4:5 is not with God who is gracious and good towards the ungodly, but rather with the self righteous who do not believe God to be good and gracious. In their so doing, they testify to the world that they themselves (who glory in their self righteousness) have never been imputed with the righteousness of Christ.

Quote:
And when people exhibit godly sorrow, they look to Jesus to help them forsake all of their sins. People must live free from sin. Adam and Eve found this to be true after their paradise became a ground of thorns and thistles, their bodies became vile with sickness and death and their son murdered his brother. Yes, they found out that God's Word was true after all.
Godly sorrow works repentance within the context of sanctification, not justification as you imply.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:03 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times
There is no redemption outside the Spirit of the Lord in this covenant through Lord Jesus ... See the law in the word of the Lord is there for an outline into the heart of the Lord authority and if these laws are broken the evil spirit of this world can gain authority over people lives if these people fall into a curse and lose the ear of the Lord for our prayer to be redeemed....... For If people fall into a curse from the evil spirit our prayers would not be answered until these people ask the Lord how to get out of these curses and repent and turn from these sin and get back into the blessing of the Lord ....... so in people live under the law and no spirit of the Lord then they are not saved and there is No redemption until they turn to the Lord Jesus and repent and get baptised into water and the spirit of the Lord ..... The word of God says that if you blaspheme Holy Spirit than your sin will not be forgiven not in this life or the Life to come ,..... which means that Holy Spirit brings the redemption from the Lord and if we push him away there is no redemption to be got....... Some people live with very little spirit interaction but he is there and they know him and live and life being good and praying with limited miracles but they still have the spirit and their temporal life may be bumpy but they still have the spirit Of God ..... Other people reject the Holy Spirit which is a rejection of the redemption of Jesus , which is antichrist authority , they may live a legalist life , Judging and condemning their neighbour like the pharisees in the gospels........

Old 12-12-2010, 03:09 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post

Why is it that ETer's have this habit of perverting the words of Christ with their soiled doctrines? You people need to stop this.
Everyone needs to stop, including UR.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:14 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Everyone needs to stop, including UR.
Alright my friend. Good to see you... Any word from Kat? I never see her posts...

Old 12-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Call it what you will, but it did not take away sin, as you earlier claimed it did: quote: "With the blood of animals"

If that be true, no one, including you or I, has their sins forgiven. But we know you're doctrines are not true:

Rom 5:6 For in our being still ailing, Christ in due time did die for the impious;

Again, more doctrine perverting the Gospel of Christ:

Rom 5:20 And law came in, that the offence might abound, and where the sin did abound, the grace did overabound,

Not so my friend. God is justifying the ungodly and the impious ones right now. God is said to justify the impious, those without godly sorrow and who are actively working sin and lawlessness:

Rom 4:5 and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous the impious, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

The real issue with Rom 4:5 is not with God who is gracious and good towards the ungodly, but rather with the self righteous who do not believe God to be good and gracious. In their so doing, they testify to the world that they themselves (who glory in their self righteousness) have never been imputed with the righteousness of Christ.

Godly sorrow works repentance within the context of sanctification, not justification as you imply.
It's nothing but pure heresy to declare that the blood of Jesus covers those who continue in known sin. Fact is, willful sinners don't have the love of God in them to refrain from sin; they either never had it or they lost it by their own indifference and/or lusts.

Furthermore, God's Word declares that heresies are a work of the flesh, and those who engage is such things will not inherit the kingdom of God (source: Galatians 5:19-21). So, this doctrine that you teach is rejected by this Bible-believing, blood-bought, redeemed servant of God.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
It's nothing but pure heresy to declare that the blood of Jesus covers those who continue in known sin. Fact is, willful sinners don't have the love of God in them to refrain from sin; they either never had it or they lost it by their own indifference and/or lusts.

Furthermore, God's Word declares that heresies are a work of the flesh, and those who engage is such things will not inherit the kingdom of God (source: Galatians 5:19-21). So, this doctrine that you teach is rejected by this Bible-believing, blood-bought, redeemed servant of God.
Here's 2 heresies you believe in

So according to your own words you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity